IGNORED

Were you consulted?

Unan

Were you consulted?  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So JL has said they set up a Fans Feedback Group as they went through the redesign process. This isn’t the poll that was sent via email.

So, were you consulted? Do you know anyone that was? Surely with the vast array of users on OTIB some of us were consulted?

If you were I would love some information on what was discussed.

31 minutes ago, Unan said:

So JL has said they set up a Fans Feedback Group as they went through the redesign process. This isn’t the poll that was sent via email.

So, were you consulted? Do you know anyone that was? Surely with the vast array of users on OTIB some of us were consulted?

It would be interesting to hear who was on this group and how they engaged with fellow supporters. 

Consultation is frequently used as nothing more than a box ticking exercise.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I've completed at least one email from the club on the subject of a new badge, but I've not been personally consulted. Not sure if that's a yes or no to your question tbh...

I would say no, the indication from the club is that a group of supporters were consulted AFTER the survey we were all sent 

I really don’t see the big issue. 

I don't hate it, don’t love it. 

Wewere told the Robin was coming back at it would be “modernised” it’s ok. Meh. 

I’d rather have kept the coat of arms but still, meh. 

It’s what it represents that matters, so I’ll support it. It’s not embarrassing, it’s justs bit ... well... meh!

1 hour ago, Unan said:

I’m not sure what your objective is, in having a poll..?

Any consultation group is usually a very small percentage of any group. Bearing in mind it’s been proven that otib probably represents about 1% of regulars at Ashton Gate, the only way to tell if people like it or not will be in merchandise sales. 

I’m not supporting it, but I’m not opposed to it either. 

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

m not sure what your objective is, in having a poll..?

Any consultation group is usually a very small percentage of any group. Bearing in mind it’s been proven that otib probably represents about 1% of regulars at Ashton Gate, the only way to tell if people like it or not will be in merchandise sales. 

I’m not supporting it, but I’m not opposed to it either. 

But a consultation group by its design can represent demographics of fans easily if the intent is to do so.

Otib almost certainly represents more than 1% of regulars. 

It would be reasonable to expect that somebody can answer the opening posters questions if Jon Lansdown wanted to broadly consult fans /promote engagement.

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Sorry mate, but it's of no real relevance is it? Look at the comments, look at the equally useless poll. Do you really think there is any sort of badge that could be designed where 100% of the fans would have said it was perfect? Every badge or shirt (even the ones that some people now call iconic) have had their detractors when in use. They could have consulted 1000 of us and people would have been equally unhappy.

44 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Otib almost certainly represents more than 1% of regulars. 

Ok, I don’t know the stats & facts, but we’ve got what.. 17k regulars nowadays..? 

Maybe 1% is inaccurate. But how many people post on here regularly, during an international break..?

Ok, so maybe more traffic than usual due to an “evocative event” (new badge) 

How many different people have been on here in the last 24 hours..? I’ve no idea. Maybe 5% of the regular attendees..? Many of those on here openly admit to not going to games regularly. How far off the mark am I..? Would genuinely be interesting to know, for future reference of the opinion on here. 

14 minutes ago, Oops said:

The man is a buffoon.

if this clown and his cronies are what we’ve got to tolerate, they can swivel for my £500 season ticket.

It’s ******* awful.

Slight over reaction, don’t you think..?! 

It’s not awful. It’s not what I’d have chosen, but it’s hardly worth getting upset about..!

51 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry mate, but it's of no real relevance is it? Look at the comments, look at the equally useless poll. Do you really think there is any sort of badge that could be designed where 100% of the fans would have said it was perfect? Every badge or shirt (even the ones that some people now call iconic) have had their detractors when in use. They could have consulted 1000 of us and people would have been equally unhappy.

Totally disagree mate.

If they’d listened to the fans, or taken any notice whatsoever of what we wanted, this  dogs cock of of a badge would not have been sanctioned. 

I support the team, not the corporate machinations that burble within it.

As always, some clown has been paid a huge amount of money to knock up a logo.

And a ******* logo is an affront to everyone who invests in the team and what we try to accomplish. 

As always, the wishes of the mugs who turn out rain or shine, win or draw, are subsumed by the blind arrogance of people who think they know better.

******* disgusting behaviour.

4 minutes ago, Oops said:

Totally disagree mate.

If they’d listened to the fans, or taken any notice whatsoever of what we wanted, this  dogs cock of of a badge would not have been sanctioned. 

And a ******* logo is an affront to everyone who invests in the team and what we try to accomplish. 

As always, the wishes of the mugs who turn out rain or shine, win or draw, are subsumed by the blind arrogance of people who think they know better.

Sorry, haven’t there been long running campaigns to “bring the Robin back”..? 

Not something I’ve ever backed myself, but here it is. What’s the problem..?

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ok, I don’t know the stats & facts, but we’ve got what.. 17k regulars nowadays..? 

Maybe 1% is inaccurate. But how many people post on here regularly, during an international break..?

Ok, so maybe more traffic than usual due to an “evocative event” (new badge) 

How many different people have been on here in the last 24 hours..? I’ve no idea. Maybe 5% of the regular attendees..? Many of those on here openly admit to not going to games regularly. How far off the mark am I..? Would genuinely be interesting to know, for future reference of the opinion on here. 

I think it would be quite reasonable to think that 170 (your 1% of 17000) of the users of a Bristol City fans forum which has thousands of members would be attending Bristol City matches … Its an odd proposition to think that figure would not be higher. 

My point was about the nature of Jon Lansdowns consultation. A consultation group by its design can represent demographics of fans easily if the intent is to do so. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/a-crest-fans-can-hold-close-to-their-hearts-lansdown/

Jon Lansdown here mentions a fans feedback group which covered various sections and demographic of the fan base … Again I do not think the opening posters questions are uneven as they are posted on a heavily used forum, which really does draw its membership from various sections and demographic of the fan base 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Slight over reaction, don’t you think..?! 

It’s not awful. It’s not what I’d have chosen, but it’s hardly worth getting upset about..!

Upset? 

I’ll still be there week in, week out mate. But the thing that really sticks in my craw is that the corporate machine rolls on, no matter what. 

This unbelievably crass decision was made way before ‘they’ even canvassed opinion from the fan base.

The identity of Bristol City has been destroyed by greed and ignorance, and I’m really annoyed about it.

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I think it would be quite reasonable to think that 170 (your 1% of 17000) of the users of a Bristol City fans forum which has thousands of members would be attending Bristol City matches … Its an odd proposition to think that figure would not be higher. 

My point was about the nature of Jon Lansdowns consultation. A consultation group by its design can represent demographics of fans easily if the intent is to do so. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/a-crest-fans-can-hold-close-to-their-hearts-lansdown/

Jon Lansdown here mentions a fans feedback group which covered various sections and demographic of the fan base … Again I do not think the opening posters questions are uneven as they are posted on a heavily used forum, which really does draw its membership from various sections and demographic of the fan base 

Well, the fact only 111 people have currently responded to the poll and 15% claim to have been consulted, seems to kind of nullify the concern, does it not..? 

1 minute ago, Oops said:

Upset? 

I’ll still be there week in, week out mate. But the thing that really sticks in my craw is that the corporate machine rolls on, no matter what. 

This unbelievably crass decision was made way before ‘they’ even canvassed opinion from the fan base.

The identity of Bristol City has been destroyed by greed and ignorance, and I’m really annoyed about it.

What element of “greed” is satisfied by this..? If it’s not popular, they will sell less. (Tickets, merchandise, etc) so how can that be classed as greed..? 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well, the fact only 111 people have currently responded to the poll and 15% claim to have been consulted, seems to kind of nullify the concern, does it not..? 

Then these posters will be able to answer the last line of the opening post.

3 hours ago, Unan said:

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Then these posters will be able to answer the last line of the opening post.

What do you think was discussed..?!

out of interest.. genuinely... did you complete the supporter survey about logos..?

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What element of “greed” is satisfied by this..? If it’s not popular, they will sell less. (Tickets, merchandise, etc) so how can that be classed as greed..? 

Ok, just so we’re clear.

I don’t want to see this new daft logo on anything, we’re more than a logo.

The Bristol coat of arms was fine by me, can’t beat a unicorn or two on a crest; along with the Suspension Bridge.

But this? No. 

This is not what we have strived for. 

It’s a cop out by people who don’t have any affection or connection to the club, team or fans they are supposed to represent.

25 minutes ago, Oops said:

Totally disagree mate.

You appear to be in a very small minority here, clearly they should have just asked you and no one else.

Archived