IGNORED

Worst missed chances by us especially you've seen at Ashton Gate...?

Mr Popodopolous

Saw this miss by Elyounoussi for Norway v Spain earlier and it got me thinking- what's the worst, least believable or most comical missing of chances by us  in particular we have seen at AG?

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/03/23/video-norway-star-produces-miss-of-the-century-vs-spain/

Scroll down a bit for it. It's really bad- easier to score!"

My most memorable was Bas Savage falling over v Yeovil- I remember his only goal too- but those who have been going longer than since late 90's will remember better ones. Whole ground was laughing through a mix of shock and comedy IIRC, plus it was on April Fool's Day rather fittingly!

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Saw this miss by Elyounoussi for Norway v Spain earlier and it got me thinking- what's the worst, least believable or most comical missing of chances by us  in particular we have seen at AG?

January transfer window 2018

David Seal or Paul Agostino,can’t remember which one,about two or three foot out,tried a fancy flick through his legs,completely missed the ball,the net was totally unguarded as I remember,looked a right pillock.I think it might of been against Burnley?

36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/03/23/video-norway-star-produces-miss-of-the-century-vs-spain/

Scroll down a bit for it. It's really bad- easier to score!"

My most memorable was Bas Savage falling over v Yeovil- I remember his only goal too- but those who have been going longer than since late 90's will remember better ones. Whole ground was laughing through a mix of shock and comedy IIRC, plus it was on April Fool's Day rather fittingly!

16 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I recall several from Baldock against MK Dons in 13/14 alone.... and he still ended up scoring twice.

I remember that. Didn't he miss about 3 one on ones in the first 20 mins?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Freddie Sears for Crystal Palace ?

Not at AG8, but Lee Miller away at Swindon was a shocker

That Lee Miller miss has sort of gone down in history but I watched it back for the first time a few months ago and it's nowhere near as bad as I remember it...

I think it looked far worse from behind the goal because, as the ball went across, it looked like it was just crying out to be headed in. I mean, don't get me wrong, he should've scored, but...

20 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

That Lee Miller miss has sort of gone down in history but I watched it back for the first time a few months ago and it's nowhere near as bad as I remember it...

I think it looked far worse from behind the goal because, as the ball went across, it looked like it was just crying out to be headed in. I mean, don't get me wrong, he should've scored, but...

What a goal by Fallon :o

3 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

David Seal or Paul Agostino,can’t remember which one,about two or three foot out,tried a fancy flick through his legs,completely missed the ball,the net was totally unguarded as I remember,looked a right pillock.I think it might of been against Burnley?

Agostino was the culprit. David Seal would have used excessive force. 

• Admin
56 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Completely agree in my mind it was worse than that from behind the goal

36 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

What a goal by Fallon :o

He went through a stage over a few seasons that whenever he hit the ball goalwards against us they seemed to fly in

1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

For me it wasn't so much that he should have scored, it was more the fact that from where I was stood it looked like he had scored, and I celebrated accordingly. Bastard:crying:

The second half of last season & the second half of the second half of this season by the look of it. 

Weirdly the reason is the same, january transfer window. I don't think LJ is a stupid man, stubborn possibly but not stupid. We were nailed on to get promoted last season, we would have been an exciting club to come to, premier league bound, surely we are missing out on players because of wages, nothing else makes as much sense.

8 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

The second half of last season & the second half of the second half of this season by the look of it. 

Weirdly the reason is the same, january transfer window. I don't think LJ is a stupid man, stubborn possibly but not stupid. We were nailed on to get promoted last season, we would have been an exciting club to come to, premier league bound, surely we are missing out on players because of wages, nothing else makes as much sense.

Debatable.

Nailed on for playoffs perhaps, but with Cardiff, Aston Villa and Fulham all pushing hard and coming up at us, wouldn't say nailed on for 2nd place no. Wolves always likely tro win League.

As for January window, read up on FFP,. accounts, finances- Birmingham's 9 point deduction. It restricted us last season.

Definitely we had more wriggle room this January than last, and one time we could have really gone to town on it would have been January 2008...FFP was barely even a twinkle in Platini's eye then, owners could literally spend what they like.

7 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Yeah, that was annoying. I was probably stood next to you for that one, too?

We were all together iirc.  Depressing to watch that again.  We'd have finished 2nd had that gone in without a doubt. 

38 minutes ago, REDLEE said:

Taylor's miss at Derby from a couple of yards out a couple of years ago in the 3-3. Would have put us 4-1 up!

I was gonna say this, he was literally in the centre of the goal, ball at knee height, keeper on the ground, and somehow he missed it !!

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Yeah pretty sure we were stood together then. I think I was celebrating for a good five seconds before I noticed that it hadn't gone in... :badmood:

And we were,?

7 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Jan 1996, home to Burnley; Tinnion centred and Agostino was left with a simple tap in. He turned his back on the goal to attempt a backheel and missed completely! Later on Seal had a penalty saved and Burnley scored the only goal near the end.

That Lee Miller miss still haunts me. There was a split second when it looked like a foregone conclusion he would score and we started celebrating, followed by the painful realisation that he hadn’t.

Also Gordon Owen’s penalty misses in 1987 - the first vs Swindle that cost us a play off place, followed shortly afterwards by the miss in the penalty shoot out at Wembley vs Mansfield. Still can’t bring myself to watch that. He was unlucky with that one - from what I recall the keeper dived the wrong way but the ball hit his feet and stayed out. 

Archived