IGNORED

Top shithousery

Unan

7 minutes ago, Unan said:

Very good idea to put the logo all over the city. Really make a point. 

We do not market ourselves enough in wider Bristol. We need to shout about how the City has a quality club with stadium more. 

Young fans see premier league teams all over TV, Sky Sports posters, social media etc. We need to get them asking “who’s Bristol City, they look cool can we go see them”.

More of this kind of things please!

(Equally loved our More Points Than Chelsea, More Goals Than United etc campaign a few years back).

4 minutes ago, Oops said:

So feel free to explain why the club wasn’t promoted in this way with the previous badge/logo?

just don’t understand why we’re trying to be a “brand” rather than a football club?

When did we start using the crest? I guess the world and social media has moved on since that rebrand, even in a few years.

10 minutes ago, Oops said:

I will not support a franchise, and all this crap is making me seriously consider my season ticket renewal (s)

Hate it that a lot of people are bending over for this corporate bullshit. 

Lansdown is still our owner, you can’t buy a Bristol City and set it up. It is not a franchise.

4 minutes ago, Oops said:

So feel free to explain why the club wasn’t promoted in this way with the previous badge/logo?

just don’t understand why we’re trying to be a “brand” rather than a football club?

11 minutes ago, Oops said:

I will not support a franchise

How does changing the badge/crest change it from a club to a brand? 
The point of any of this is to get more support, get us known throughout the area , tempt younger fans to support us rather than L'pool/ManYoo etc and get more money coming in to help get the club successful . Brand is just a word bandied about , it's just something that immediately makes you think of the club, be that purpler and lime or the Robin.

The previous crest was probably before social media, definitely before social media was quite so big, or important an advertising tool. 
I loved the 4th division days , going down to chat with Beryl and the rest, little club and felt great being able to pop in the ground and walk around. Those days are long gone, to stand any chance of any sort of success it has to be run as a business. Like it or hate it , it's the facts of life now.

For you , and the odd gAss on here.

1. countable noun [oft noun NOUN, NOUN noun]

A franchise is an authority that is given by an organization to someone, allowing them to sell its goods or services or to take part in an activity which the organization controls.

So if You run a pizza restaurant , you let someone else open another in a different area with your name. They own and sell their Pizza's under your name and THEY are a franchise . We are not a franchise !

8 minutes ago, Oops said:

I will not support a franchise, and all this crap is making me seriously consider my season ticket renewal (s)

Football in the modern day is a business. Welcome to the modern world. If you'd prefer a local team with no future outlook the Mem is your place and Wally is your friend! 

6 minutes ago, Oops said:

Personally I go to games to watch a football match. My local team playing another at a decent (Championship) standard. I don’t give too much thought when I am sat there watching about the behind the scenes corporate stuff as it doesn’t affect my enjoyment ( or not). I know it’s there, that’s football now at this level but me not renewing won’t put the genie back into the bottle.

If I don’t like the kit I won’t buy it. If I don’t like the food or drink or feel it’s too pricey I won’t buy that either. In fact I’m sure after paying for a ST you aren’t obliged to spend any further money. Just watch the football.

2 minutes ago, Oops said:

That’s all you’ve got?

No point to make? ?

Worth a few likes though, no doubt ?

Bored of people like you moaning every time the club do anything. 

You don’t know what a franchise is.  Yet you moan. 

The owner has transformed the club and stadium and you moan. 

We are still a football club and always will be. 

Support or not. Couldn’t care less

14 minutes ago, Oops said:

Ta da then. ? 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

How is this anything to do with being a franchise? 

The club are just advertising our new badge around the city 

So why was the old badge not promoted around the city? 

Obviously a 27,000 seater stadium is a slight giveaway, but why now? 

And why adopt a meaningless logo? 

I'm getting pelters from belters for not liking a ******* logo? 

Nobody gives a toss if you, or any other individual, doesn’t like the new badge. It’s the other stuff that you post around it that people are questioning. 

I don’t think it’s not liking the logo you’re getting the pelters for mate. 

3 minutes ago, Oops said:

You don't have to like the badge, you're getting pelters as you somehow want a 'roy of the rovers' football club in 2019.

The club has to modernise to survive. It's the same reason boozers can't just serve pints and packets of crisps, or BHS is long gone from our hight streets. Capitalism is an unforgiving beast, fall behind l and you go under. 

11 minutes ago, Oops said:

A meaningless logo that has 

a) the club name

b) the club colours

c) an image of the clubs nickname

d) the year of the clubs formation 

If you can’t see the meaning of them I fear you’re the belter my friend.

1 minute ago, underhanded said:

You don't have to like the badge, you're getting pelters as you somehow want a 'roy of the rovers' football club in 2019.

The club has to modernise to survive. It's the same reason boozers can't just serve pints and packets of crisps, or BHS is long gone from our hight streets. Capitalism is an unforgiving beast, fall behind l and you go under. 

Yeah I kind of get that, 

But I really think more thought could have been invested in the badge...like Concorde or the Suspension bridge, or at least something to make it unique.

Archived