IGNORED

Top shithousery

Unan

4 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

The World's End was once a great pub. My grandad lived in Hudds Vale Road from the 1930s when St George was fit for habitation. A beautiful place then. Seriously.

Although by the time I first went to the pub in the 80s it seemed to be in terminal decline. 

Piano, free roast potatoes on the bar. Once. 

Shame. 

Talking of pubs no longer around, anyone remember the Royal Table in Barton Hill!?

16 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes you’re right. Used to go in the Rodney and Albert a lot , also the bell/ ushers as we used to call it. As far as the worlds ends concerned it was aptly named and no loss imo ?. Sad though , they were great pubs especially the Rodney 

Last time I was in the Rodney (must have been 6 or 7 years ago just before it shut down I think) it was full of gobby teenage chavs - a sure sign of a pub on the slide.

This is 2019.  Businesses have to stay relevant. Nobody wants the be the next Blockbuster or BHS. Same with football. 

You have to be a disruptor.  Its uncomfortable at times and change is almost always met with resistance.  Your first reaction is the hate the new badge because its not what your are used to.  But in time it will feel more like its meant to be. Its ours.  It has our name and our robin.  Pride is what we should feel.  Even though it might fall short for some.

The badge and billboard adverts are the first step in a total rebrand of Bristol City.  The club is in an upward swing at the moment and its a very opportune time to capitalise on that.   The club want a unique identifier.  I know the word unique is strictly reserved for Moron FC.  But there are  new fans to entice down the Gate. Plus its an opportunity to put our foot on the throat of the them up the road.  I can understand why they hate us.  Even more so, as we have totally got our S**t together and moving forward at a pace they they will never be able to replicate.  They cant live or compete with us.  Not that is really anything to do with them, but the byproduct of our success has to adversely effect them.  Once again the club understand that, in the Bristol and surrounding areas market, you have to set yourselves apart from the competition.  I think we are doing an excellent job of that..  As you are, I am totally fine with that.

Almost every single business has a strong logo/label.  Something you identify with.  The club is doing nothing wrong.  It you hate it, pull up your big boy/girl pants, deep breath and enjoy the journey.  It could be worse.  Imagine walking around in a court jesters uniform, off to a dump week in week out, eating out of date food, hankering to feel up women and wanting to punch horses once they reject you.

Lets all try and move forward together.

Stevo

2 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

This is 2019.  Businesses have to stay relevant. Nobody wants the be the next Blockbuster or BHS. Same with football. 

You have to be a disruptor.  Its uncomfortable at times and change is almost always met with resistance.  Your first reaction is the hate the new badge because its not what your are used to.  But in time it will feel more like its meant to be. Its ours.  It has our name and our robin.  Pride is what we should feel.  Even though it might fall short for some.

The badge and billboard adverts are the first step in a total rebrand of Bristol City.  The club is in an upward swing at the moment and its a very opportune time to capitalise on that.   The club want a unique identifier.  I know the word unique is strictly reserved for Moron FC.  But there are  new fans to entice down the Gate. Plus its an opportunity to put our foot on the throat of the them up the road.  I can understand why they hate us.  Even more so, as we have totally got our S**t together and moving forward at a pace they they will never be able to replicate.  They cant live or compete with us.  Not that is really anything to do with them, but the byproduct of our success has to adversely effect them.  Once again the club understand that, in the Bristol and surrounding areas market, you have to set yourselves apart from the competition.  I think we are doing an excellent job of that..  As you are, I am totally fine with that.

Almost every single business has a strong logo/label.  Something you identify with.  The club is doing nothing wrong.  It you hate it, pull up your big boy/girl pants, deep breath and enjoy the journey.  It could be worse.  Imagine walking around in a court jesters uniform, off to a dump week in week out, eating out of date food, hankering to feel up women and wanting to punch horses once they reject you.

Lets all try and move forward together.

Stevo

I think what we need is to win football matches. As many as possible. At as high as level as we can manage. That'll see us alright. Like Burnley FC, for example. 

If all this off-field stuff this week can in any way go towards assisting the above, all well and good. But it will all be in vain if the winning football matches thingy is missing.

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m talking late 80’s to late 90’s top boozer . 

Read today in the local St George paper that Wetherspoon's is putting their pub in St George up for sale.Seems very strange.

9 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Sorry you’ve lost me. You asked a question and I was trying to help. I thought you’d confused the names of the pubs people were talking about with the characters from Only Fools and Horses.

No problem ADN - most people would have realised the joke, you didn’t, no worries....I wasn’t confused at all, just didn’t realise there were people on here with zero concept of anything humorous....but thanks for proving me incorrect....

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

No problem ADN - most people would have realised the joke, you didn’t, no worries....I wasn’t confused at all, just didn’t realise there were people on here with zero concept of anything humorous....but thanks for proving me incorrect....

Your joke was obviously just too subtle and clever for me but now I can see it was very funny. Do you ever do stand up?

Archived