IGNORED

Liam Walsh

ColneRed

• Admin
38 minutes ago, ColneRed said:

Sorry if I’ve missed this somewhere but Liam seems to have disappeared off the radar. Is he still injured or just out of favour?

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Really..? I just thought he was still injured..! 

He's been fit for over a month now, simply dropped / out of favor

1 hour ago, phantom said:

He's been fit for over a month now, simply dropped / out of favor

Has he??

Well I don't know why since we started faltering he hasn't come into contention then- I get it if they are not trying to rush his recovery but still...he would slot into a 3 very nicely, adding us some security, ball-retention and with his ability to break the lines give the opposition a bit more to worry about.

Would enable Pack to play a bit deeper too- a bona fide 3 can do that, would ease a little pressure on Pack and Brownhill. Not saying we'd start dominating straight away but think a style change like that could change things for the better.

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Has he??

Well I don't know why since we started faltering he hasn't come into contention then- I get it if they are not trying to rush his recovery but still...he would slot into a 3 very nicely, adding us some security, ball-retention and with his ability to break the lines give the opposition a bit more to worry about.

Would enable Pack to play a bit deeper too- a bona fide 3 can do that, would ease a little pressure on Pack and Brownhill. Not saying we'd start dominating straight away but think a style change like that could change things for the better.

Another tactical masterstroke from Lee not to utilise Walsh,along with the Kiwi keeper debacle??...it's that time of year ?....Seems amiss that he's not being used as another option if fit....let alone taking pressure off of Pack/Brownhill..

They have both looked 'shot' of recent- "the thousand yard stare"!!

6 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Another tactical masterstroke from Lee not to utilise Walsh,along with the Kiwi keeper debacle??...it's that time of year ?....Seems amiss that he's not being used as another option if fit....let alone taking pressure off of Pack/Brownhill..

Yeah, it's a big burden- 2 of them in that midfield at this level, when we want to try and take the initiative at times...it will catch up with teams eventually!

Less so if we're reactive, but even then  it is challenging- we're sometimes proactive and sometimes reactive. I know it is a 4-1-4-1 on paper with Paterson as one of those '2' but he's a number 10 or nothing at all IMO. Not knocking him but tactically, Walsh in that role in the 4-1-4-1 would be so much more beneficial. Maybe it's a blueprint worthy of consideration next year but if he is indeed fit both in terms of uninjured but up to decent match fitness too, LJ not even considering him seems puzzling.

17 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Question for you RtB......why if Walsh is available for selection has LJ not included him in his matchday squads?

You say sarcastically that it’s a ‘tactical masterstroke’  but in reality there must be reasons that we fans are not privy to.

I’ll give you four possibilities 1) Walsh is not 100% fit. 2) LJ completely trusts Pack and Brownhill. 3) Walsh is fit but not impressing enough in training. 4) Walsh has personal problems.........

Whats your view?

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Question for you RtB......why if Walsh is available for selection has LJ not included him in his matchday squads?

You say sarcastically that it’s a ‘tactical masterstroke’  but in reality there must be reasons that we fans are not privy to.

I’ll give you four possibilities 1) Walsh is not 100% fit. 2) LJ completely trusts Pack and Brownhill. 3) Walsh is fit but not impressing enough in training. 4) Walsh has personal problems.........

Whats your view?

Because he plays and tackles in training like its a game. 

A lot of players dont appreciate it!!

it may not be that ofcourse but i do find LJ’s previous comments of him struggling to fit into a ‘2’ very odd, when we play a ‘2’. So why sign him?!?!

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You say sarcastically that it’s a ‘tactical masterstroke’  but in reality there must be reasons that we fans are not privy to

5) He's crap?

46 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Because he plays and tackles in training like its a game. 

A lot of players dont appreciate it!!

it may not be that ofcourse but i do find LJ’s previous comments of him struggling to fit into a ‘2’ very odd, when we play a ‘2’. So why sign him?!?!

Playing a '2' in CM unless it's in conjunction with a back 3, or say a '1' between the midfield 4 and the front 2, act this level if trying to be proactive is actually pretty stupid in itself.

Walsh would suit a '3', Pack would arguably suit a '3'...Hegeler (if ever properly fit) would have suited a '3'. Perhaps Brownhill and Smith, while technically decent would have the edge needed for a 2.

A theme is emerging though- LJ seems to like signing technical players well suited to a '3' or a '2' in the aforementioned- say 3-4-3, 3-4-1-2 and then play them in a 2! Fairly unusual...a midfield of Pack as the first '1' and then Brownhill and Paterson...is unwieldy. Not quite a good fit IMO.

Archived