IGNORED

Liam Walsh

ColneRed

3 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Seems you have complete faith in Lee, Robbo.....I just don't dig that.

I do have complete trust in LJ. 

Its taken him a while but he’s provided us with a pretty decent season so far and doing it within the financial restraints set by SL.

Sure it’s been drab to watch at times and like every manager he selects teams that leave us bemused and makes substitutions that are equally bemusing. but that said he and his assistants have all the knowledge of what’s been going on behind the scenes that we supporters are not privy to so when decisions are made that confuse us I try to bear that in mind.

I also think LJ is tactically astute although he does overthink things at times and it can backfire. 

Ive moved in from my meh attitude towards LJ and come to appreciate what a decent job he’s doing and I don’t dig why you don’t think the same.

I didn’t particularly rate Walsh in the bits and pieces we saw of him in the second half of last season. He looked a typical product of a PL academy - technically sound but not much flair or vision.

I was completely wrong, the lad can play and I think he can be the creative spark we so desperately need. Shame he got injured as he was starting to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I can only assume that he is not quite fit yet but I will be pleased when he is back in contention.

9 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

I didn’t particularly rate Walsh in the bits and pieces we saw of him in the second half of last season. He looked a typical product of a PL academy - technically sound but not much flair or vision.

I was completely wrong, the lad can play and I think he can be the creative spark we so desperately need. Shame he got injured as he was starting to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I can only assume that he is not quite fit yet but I will be pleased when he is back in contention.

I had my finger on the quote button after the first paragraph , *note to self, read ALL the post before getting your head up your arse :read:

Totally agree (with the second bit :blush: ) , he plays with his head up and always seems to be looking for a forward pass. The problem may well be our rigid system. LJ said that Walsh suits a MF3 , we play with 2. Unless he changes things around, as more have said on here, to play something like a 5-3-2 , I don't see him playing much at all. Sadly , in my opinion .

I think in the remaining games, LJ will just stick with what he knows and what he trusts, barring any injuries.

This midfield core has basically picked itself this season, and the proof is in the pudding.  It would take a stunning stunning display to make LJ sit up and rethink.  I dont think JM or LW have given us that.  I am not knocking them either.  Both are good enough squad players, and you want competition for all places.

The mini squad rotation with JB, CoD, MP NE and JP has served this team well, and I dont expect any change for the rest of the season.

Stevo

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I had my finger on the quote button after the first paragraph , *note to self, read ALL the post before getting your head up your arse :read:

Totally agree (with the second bit :blush: ) , he plays with his head up and always seems to be looking for a forward pass. The problem may well be our rigid system. LJ said that Walsh suits a MF3 , we play with 2. Unless he changes things around, as more have said on here, to play something like a 5-3-2 , I don't see him playing much at all. Sadly , in my opinion .

He is a player mate, but you are right, to get the best out of him LJ needs to change the rigidity of the system.

Something that he needs to work on in the summer - we need to look at 4-3-3 which can be a 4-5-1 when we lose the ball.

I think Walsh would flourish in that system.

On 29/03/2019 at 08:40, ScottishRed said:

Not far away from Playing again, LJ rates him highly and don’t be surprised if we see him play in the next couple of games as the games come thick and fast and the squad will need to be fully utilised.

10 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Not far away from Playing again, LJ rates him highly and don’t be surprised if we see him play in the next couple of games as the games come thick and fast and the squad will need to be fully utilised.

I agree - he might make a difference in the creativity levels.

Archived