IGNORED

Can we exceed last season's points tally of 67?

headhunter

For me it's a no.

0-0-3-1-0-3-0-1-0-1 = 9 + 55 = 64

With that we'll probably slip a place or two compared with last year.

We'd have accumulated a paltry 11 points from a possible 45. That's  1/3 season in relegation form!!!

Streaky Johnson - not the progress SL is hoping for but we are a sustainable club.

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

For me it's a no.

We'd have accumulated a paltry 11 points from a possible 45. That's  1/3 season in relegation form!!!

Streaky Johnson - not the progress SL is hoping for but we are a sustainable club.

Johnson Out 

:protest:

I don't know.  Just like you.

Let's see and then judge how well we have done.  At the.moment we are in the mix for the play-off, albeit on a poor in of games. 

Not the best football I've seen, but the season is still alive so that's good enough for me.

39 minutes ago, headhunter said:

For me it's a no.

Brilliant, labelling a third of the season as relegation form based on 10 games that haven't been played.

28 minutes ago, Riaz said:

If Johnson gets 67 or above, considering he lost his 3 best players in the summer, its a minor mircale.

Don’t necessarily agree, he had a decent Summer Window recruitment wise, plus then added Kalas and Dasilva to that before the window ended.

51 minutes ago, headhunter said:

For me it's a no.

You do know those games haven't happened yet right?

• Admin
34 minutes ago, Riaz said:

If Johnson gets 67 or above, considering he lost his 3 best players in the summer, its a minor mircale.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t necessarily agree, he had a decent Summer Window recruitment wise, plus then added Kalas and Dasilva to that before the window ended.

Agree with both, lost what was last season our best three players, but apart from Reid's goals tally have been replaced with sufficient quality

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Surely he should get credit for that then? He spent about half the transfer money when he lost 3 quality players. I'd like to see other managers manage to potentially improve a team after that

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Surely he should get credit for that then? He spent about half the transfer money when he lost 3 quality players. I'd like to see other managers manage to potentially improve a team after that

Swings and roundabouts.  You could argue that in 17/18, recording the worst ever losses in City’s history, he wasted loads, and under-achieved last season.

That is why I tend not to draw my conclusions of “season on season improvement” purely on league placing or points tally.  LJ’s remit is wider than that, and judgement of his performance / improvement includes financial performance, youth development, etc, etc.  Nor do I see £25m in versus £10m out as black and white as others do.

Having said all that, As it stands I do think LJ has improved us this season, across a number of different areas.  Whether we get 67 points or more, or less, isn’t my overall determining factor.

We can do it! Everyone keeps mentioning the players we lost, but in all honesty Bobby is the only player that is actually missed.

LJ will have to properly use the best players available and select on current form rather than hoping his favourites will come good.

Added to that, the bench has to be better used, subs made when needed, not once the game has gone! 

I hope we won’t see coaches arguing over subs again - if the coaches can’t work together there’s no hope for the team!

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

For me it's a no.

Far too negative for my liking.  You think we will pick up just another 9 points?  Nah, we'll win at least 4 and grab a draw in there.

Another 13 points at least for me, we'll be on 68 or more.

It would appear I'm being lambasted by happy clappers!

What, based on the last 5 games, is there to suggest we're going to make a return to form. I was giving my prediction. No one has come back and said we're going to do better than that.

This "losing 3 best players" is a limp excuse to shield LJ from criticism. The loss of Flint's goals has been replaced by a better footballer [Webster] and a more solid defence [plus Kalas] and De Silva or [when he feels like it] Kelly are, at the very leas,t equal to Bryan who didn't play well after the cup run whilst Bobby Reid might be considered a one season wonder that we sold on when we had the chance. Not replacing him adequately was the big problem.

I've said many times before on here, we're buying 6 £1m players when 3 @ £2M is a better option IMHO [same wage cost]. 

£1M: Watkins, Walsh, Eisa, Adelukan, Pisano,  Paterson, O'Dowda [5 good games in 3 seasons], Eliasson, Taylor-Moore, Taylor [£300k].  Baker - fallen out with LJ? Weimann - waste of money, runs around with no end product [the views of Derby & Villa fans I know]

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Swings and roundabouts.  You could argue that in 17/18, recording the worst ever losses in City’s history, he wasted loads, and under-achieved last season.

That is why I tend not to draw my conclusions of “season on season improvement” purely on league placing or points tally.  LJ’s remit is wider than that, and judgement of his performance / improvement includes financial performance, youth development, etc, etc.  Nor do I see £25m in versus £10m out as black and white as others do.

Having said all that, As it stands I do think LJ has improved us this season, across a number of different areas.  Whether we get 67 points or more, or less, isn’t my overall determining factor.

Think city fans need a reality check. With our finances compared to alot of other clubs in the division. We are doing extremely well to be up there most of the season.

8 minutes ago, headhunter said:

What, based on the last 5 games, is there to suggest we're going to make a return to form. I was giving my prediction. No one has come back and said we're going to do better than that.

This "losing 3 best players" is a limp excuse to shield LJ from criticism. The loss of Flint's goals has been replaced by a better footballer [Webster] and a more solid defence [plus Kalas] and De Silva or [when he feels like it] Kelly are, at the very leas,t equal to Bryan who didn't play well after the cup run whilst Bobby Reid might be considered a one season wonder that we sold on when we had the chance. Not replacing him adequately was the big problem.

I've said many times before on here, we're buying 6 £1m players when 3 @ £2M is a better option IMHO [same wage cost]. 

£1M: Watkins, Walsh, Eisa, Adelukan, Pisano,  Paterson, O'Dowda [5 good games in 3 seasons], Eliasson, Taylor-Moore, Taylor [£300k].  Baker - fallen out with LJ? Weimann - waste of money, runs around with no end product [the views of Derby & Villa fans I know]

limp excuse? how do you think other clubs, who dont have parachute payments, cope with losing their best 3 players??? You minimilise his acheievements and then go way over-board with your criticism!

If he's so terrible in the transfer maket as you have alluded too, how have we managed to replace the quality with half the transfer money recieved??

For me it's a no.

Of course your predictions could be a load of old hogwash, but you have gone on to say that this guesswork will be relegation form and then another Johnson out jibe....(Streaky Johnson) and yet these games have not even been played ...''not the progress not sustainable blah blah blah....'' you clearly are made of Candy Floss. These last 10 games are no real pressure, we can actually perhaps play the right sort of football,  that is what Johnson said, but you prefer to take this sorry view...

Just give up, clearly BCFC is not for you. 

3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Why are Preston and Sheffield United doing so well? No parachute payments there!

Preston are only above us because they have played more games..... yes sheffield united are doing very well....

But we are one of the best teams in the division who arent receiving parachute payments - there are many below us, including clubs like stoke & swansea! who are recieiving them!

4 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I'll disagree with the first bit, our form sees us rock bottom of the form table however with the international break it's allowed us to regroup and take stock of recent games.  It may just be what we needed to find our mojo again, lets not write ourselves off just yet.  Lets see how the next few games go.

I do agree with you about this 'lost three best players' business being way over used and over blown.  I'd imagine Kalas's wages makes him our highest earner, doubt Dasilva was cheap either.  Webster has some add ons too (fees). People forget, yes me may not have spent a huge amount compared to money from player sales but I'm willing to bet we've spent quite a bit more on wages, particularly on three player who aren't even ours.  This is where he's been backed!  He's had plenty to replace players adequately.  

So, you're criticising Johnson for the form that you think might possibly happen? :blink:

For me it's a no.

Why not add up the points accumulated during the unbeaten run?      :dunno:

8 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Just give up, clearly BCFC is not for you. 

After 52 years it's the hope that kills!

We've had 3 seasons in a row where in part they've had me thinking maybe, just maybe we might get into the Premier League.

Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford - I keep asking myself why them not us?

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just as well we got them as that run came on the back of 4 straight losses and a bang average start to the season.

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Just as well we got them as that run came on the back of 4 straight losses and a bang average start to the season.

Try looking at the season overall............:cool2:

Most Championship clubs will go through runs of varying form. It’s very difficult to perform at top level in every game and when clubs hit a run of poor results is often difficult to get out of it. 

Im pretty happy with the way things have gone so far but for some unfathomable reason you prefer to take a negative view...........:disapointed2se:

Archived