IGNORED

Can we exceed last season's points tally of 67?

headhunter

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

Upgrade in Webster for Flint !!

Different players . 

Webster is a refined, dribbling , ball playing centre back with a super pass on him but he doesn’t have Flint’s warrior like agression or goal scoring prowess.

Flinty could really wind the team up to perform better during a match . We may just have missed this a little during our recent tepid spell.

I wouldn’t take AF over AW now though .

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Different players . 

Webster is a refined, dribbling , ball playing centre back with a super pass on him but he doesn’t have Flint’s warrior like agression or goal scoring prowess.

Flinty could really wind the team up to perform better during a match . We may just have missed this a little during our recent tepid spell.

Imagine webster flint kalas as a back 3 no wing backs 

6 hours ago, headhunter said:

For me it's a no.

0-0-3-1-0-3-0-1-0-1 = 9 + 55 = 64

With that we'll probably slip a place or two compared with last year.

We'd have accumulated a paltry 11 points from a possible 45. That's  1/3 season in relegation form!!!

Streaky Johnson - not the progress SL is hoping for but we are a sustainable club.

So you're criticising LJ for losses in games we haven't even played yet?

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I can’t beleive next season 

0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0 = zero points from 46 games and relegation.

Back in league one again. 

Johnson HAS to go.

It really will test Lansdown's resolve but LJ will hang on to his job by the skin of his teeth, then from nowhere regain form right up until we face Wolves in the cup...

3 hours ago, City18 said:

It's almost impossible that we finish this low.

The worst average we have had for any 10 game spell this is 0.8 points per game which included a 4 game losing streak (Game 8 to Game 17 or Game 9 to 18)

We are not playing that bad and are still picking up points at the moment. If we equal our worst form of the whole season and pick up just 8 points (which could include losing as many as 6 of our 10 remaining games) from the remaining fixtures we will still finish with 63 points which will place us above 13th (based on season averages we would still finish top half). This is assuming every team currently placed in the top half equal or better their average points tally thus far this season.

Earlier in the season we went on a 4 games losing streak including loses to struggling Reading (22nd at the time) and Preston (21st at the time) and yet we then went on to draw with Norwich, Derby and beat Birmingham in the following 5 games. Teams lose to teams they shouldn't and then get results against teams they don't expect to which is the joy of the Championship.

I still believe we'll tail off from here. Our performances, for me, are far worse than the way others see it. 

I don't think we are getting the basics of the game right. We can't retain possession, can't make simple passes and recent matches suggest we haven't got the stomach for it. 

I hope we snatch a playoff place but I can see us getting no more than 5 or 6 points from here. 

20 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Different players . 

Different players same position. What a centre half pairing we have . 

17 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I still believe we'll tail off from here. Our performances, for me, are far worse than the way others see it. 

I don't think we are getting the basics of the game right. We can't retain possession, can't make simple passes and recent matches suggest we haven't got the stomach for it. 

I hope we snatch a playoff place but I can see us getting no more than 5 or 6 points from here. 

That imho is spot on.

We have to hope that the international break has given the squad a chance to re-find their spark.  Our players are only good when they are at “collective full-tilt”, where the sum of the parts make us better than the opposition.  One player, or in recent weeks, three or four players, not “at-it” means we cannot play and compete.

Today will be a barometer of the remaining 9 games.

Tuesday will show whether the break has recharged batteries, and whether midweek “top-ups” can retain the charge.

I would suggest LJ needs to find a way to subtlety rotate, and I think 352/532 might be the way to ensure he doesn’t over-burden the two in midfield by supplementing Pack and Brownhill with a third player.  Korey Smith, if he can return with sharpness, could be the most important player, because I think LJ would trust leaving out either MP or JB, if Smith is there with say a Pato, O’Dowda or Walsh / Morrell in there too.

On 29/03/2019 at 09:03, headhunter said:

For me it's a no.

We'd have accumulated a paltry 11 points from a possible 45. That's  1/3 season in relegation form!!!

Streaky Johnson - not the progress SL is hoping for but we are a sustainable club.

Love this - slagging off the manager based on results that haven’t even happened yet!

19 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Not at all.

I was simply pointing out again, that it is not all about money.

Not entirely, but neither is it about the odd exception meaning it doesn’t play a massive part, and getting more out of your resources than average is still impressive.

39 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Did we get zero points yesterday @headhunter or three? Paper says three but surely your opening post can’t be wrong??

We got three and I'm as pleased as any City fan would be.

I like to expect nothing then celebrate. 

I feel a point coming on Tuesday but knowing us we'll screw up against Wigan. As I was saying in the OP, after 52 years its the hope that kills!!!

6 hours ago, headhunter said:

I feel a point coming on Tuesday but knowing us we'll screw up against Wigan. As I was saying in the OP, after 52 years its the hope that kills!!!

54 for me and I am as optimistic as ever, must be an attitude of mind.

On 29/03/2019 at 15:05, Major Isewater said:

Different players . 

I see this said about Flint but we had worse losing runs with him in the side. Perhaps his motivation skills are not all they are cracked up to be?

7 hours ago, headhunter said:

Don't you just hate predictions. Win a game . A striker you say is a waste of money hits 3.

I know exactly where you were coming from with your post... Please post more. It's seems to do the trick!

On 29/03/2019 at 18:09, CotswoldRed said:

Ok so we got 6pts from the last two games that I guess nobody thought we would (and that is no way a dig).  I would be interested to hear how many more points you think we might get? 

If 74 points is play offs do you reckon 13pts from 24 is realistic? 

4 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Ok so we got 6pts from the last two games that I guess nobody thought we would (and that is no way a dig).  I would be interested to hear how many more points you think we might get? 

If 74 points is play offs do you reckon 13pts from 24 is realistic? 

Our current points per game average sustained till end of season would end up on 74

32 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

4 wins, a draw and 3 losses is very realistic and will likely be good enough for the top six, although avoiding defeat to Derby will be a big factor in that.

The required points total is currently impossible to predict, because of who we (and others) still have to play. 

For instance, losing to Wigan would be far more “useful” than losing to Villa or Derby. 

It’s going to be tight..! I thought our chances had passed us by, but the last 2 results have put us bang in the mix! 

With the right results in the right games, 12 more points might even be enough. 

Drop points in the wrong games and winning the rest might not be enough. It’s impossible to call! 

You’ve got to love it..! COYR!!!

On 31/03/2019 at 16:48, TRL said:

Don't you just hate predictions. Win a game . A striker you say is a waste of money hits 3.

I know exactly where you were coming from with your post... Please post more. It's seems to do the trick!

Or a centre back who doesn’t have ‘ goalscoring prowess ‘ scores the winner at the Riverside ? 

:whistle2:

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 09:03, headhunter said:

For me it's a no.

Just wondered how these predictions were panning out? We must be about 13th now....

Hope you placed a bet on the National;).

On 29/03/2019 at 09:03, headhunter said:

For me it's a no.

That's the problem with making predictions:

League Table

Championship

Team P GD Pts
1   Norwich 40 34 84
2   Leeds 41 26 79

3   Sheff Utd 40 30 77
4   West Brom 41 22 70
5   Bristol City 40 10 65
6   Aston Villa 40 17 63

7   Middlesbrough 41 7 61
8   Derby 40 5 60