Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Seneca the Younger

One has to go

Ronaldinho because he just chased the money and his off field activities cut his effectiveness and career short.

Whilst I don’t like Ronaldo’s personality I admire the career he has forged for himself . He has been targeted since he appeared on the scene and still manages to perform above the levels of any other player and is still doing the business at the tail end of his career in Italy. 

He is an exceptional player . 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Ronaldinho because he just chased the money and his off field activities cut his effectiveness and career short.

Whilst I don’t like Ronaldo’s personality I admire the career he has forged for himself . He has been targeted since he appeared on the scene and still manages to perform above the levels of any other player and is still doing the business at the tail end of his career in Italy. 

Isn’t he a tax evader and currently has a rape charge hanging over him? 

New Ronaldo goes.

Proper Ronaldo is simply the best number 9 that I've ever seen. Messi is a law unto himself who plays a different game. Ronaldinho the flawed genius who always played with a smile.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What I admire about C. Ronaldo is - whilst I don’t doubt the others all applied themselves, they wouldn’t have their talent otherwise - Ronaldo just oozes discipline and determination.  

He trains to ensure he is optimal and shows such incredible discipline over himself. He must eat, sleep, hydrate, do everything pretty much on point because he has the strength, pace and conditioning, never tires and never seems to injure. 

It’s why I struggle with the criminal allegations against him, albeit that’s for the judicial system and I’m just making an ill informed opinion. Someone who shows such dedication and discipline makes it harder to believe than say a Mike Tyson. 

Edited by 29AR
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Unan said:

Cristiano is quite simply the most complete player ever.... no competition I’m afraid.... ******* machine!!

Edited by KeepUpLino
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

Cristiano is quite simply the most complete player ever.... no competition I’m afraid.... ******* machine!!

How funny. I don’t think he is. 

Quite the opposite. C Ronaldo is quite possibly the greatest striker the game has ever seen. 

Messi is much more the complete the player.

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

One has to go? 

Is it what the Queen says when she needs a poo.

Very good 🙂

47 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Quite the opposite. C Ronaldo is quite possibly the greatest striker the game has ever seen. 

Agreed. If we're talking best all-round footballer, it's not even close between Ronaldo and Messi.

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Ronaldo has got it all right foot, left foot, speed, power, incredible in the air... positional awareness thats second to none... 

Messi is incredible but is certainly missing some of Ronaldo’s traits 

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Very good 🙂

Agreed. If we're talking best all-round footballer, it's not even close between Ronaldo and Messi.

Bollocks.... 

Personally I hate this Ronaldo or Messi argument. It's much like the argument on who's the best tennis player out of federer, Nadal and djokovic. Let's enjoy them while we have them, I feel privileged to have been in an era where I could watch them both at their peak. 

They're both different players style wise but both incredible talents and athletes who I've enjoyed watching over the last 10-15 years

• Like 2

Ronaldinho as his peak was shorter lived than the other three. Still an incredible player though. 

30 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Ronaldo has got it all right foot, left foot, speed, power, incredible in the air... positional awareness thats second to none... 

Bollocks.... 

Here's a link I shared on another thread. This is just from the current season. Ronaldo is a fantastic goalscorer – as well as being a very good all-round player – but he simply doesn't play the game to this standard. He just doesn't.

23 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Ronaldinho as his peak was shorter lived than the other three. Still an incredible player though. 

And that goal was a cross. Flukey bar steward.

I will go with C. Ronaldo.  As long as Messi stays in a team built around him in a league where he in his comfort zone there will always be questions.

Ronaldo has done it briefly in Portugal,. In England, in Spain and he is now banging the goals in in the hardest league to score in in the world. Italy

I am not questioning Messi's undoubted skill or talent by the way, he is immense. 

I would drop ronaldinho, cracking player when he wanted to show up and a show pony.

Brazilian Ron is potentially the most natural goal scorer and would have smahed records if it were not for health issues and injury.

2 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

Bollocks.... 

Do you think he can use those attributes to pass?

3 hours ago, TRL said:

I will go with C. Ronaldo.  As long as Messi stays in a team built around him in a league where he in his comfort zone there will always be questions.

Ronaldo has done it briefly in Portugal,. In England, in Spain and he is now banging the goals in in the hardest league to score in in the world. Italy

I am not questioning Messi's undoubted skill or talent by the way, he is immense. 

I would drop ronaldinho, cracking player when he wanted to show up and a show pony.

Brazilian Ron is potentially the most natural goal scorer and would have smahed records if it were not for health issues and injury.

You saying he can’t pass ffs 😬

Fat Ronaldo up top, flanked by Cronaldo and Messi! 

Ronaldinho not getting a look in , as great As he was.

saying that cronaldo might not pass to the others much or enjoy sharing the limelight 

On 30/03/2019 at 08:47, KeepUpLino said:

Bollocks.... 

I don’t like Ronaldo for the way he acts (and still haven’t forgiven him for the wink) however I hugely respect how good he is. He’s a winner first and foremost, his dedication to his training is second to none and you’re right he’s both footed, fast, powerful, good in the air he doesn’t really have a weakness other than his ego.

That said I prefer watching Messi, he’s just so good on the ball and watching him run with it is like it’s on an invisible piece of string

• Thanks 1

On 29/03/2019 at 22:48, KeepUpLino said:

Not a chance mate, Messi is head and shoulders above CR as the complete player, CR just shades Messi as the better goalscorer, great to have been around to witness 2 of the best ever and them going head to head v each other though.

• Aubergine 1

On 30/03/2019 at 06:22, TRL said:

I think a few have forgotten just how bloody good he was.

On 30/03/2019 at 07:29, AshtonGreat said:

Very good 🙂

Agreed - C Ronaldo at a different level to the rest 

Edited by Rob k

18 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

No I’m just letting you know you’re  a cock my love 😘

For stating the obvious? Ok then...... 🤔