IGNORED

Fletwood Mac BBC4.

Robbored

Just caught a glimpse of FM whilst flicking channels during half time at the Baggies

Lovely interview with Stevie Nicks :wub:......and some appraisals of the 50 years of FM from some of today’s music critics who I’ve never heard of......

If you like FM then it’s worth downloading it from iPlayer.

Steered clear of the 2019 tour without Lindsay Buckingham. I did the same with Black Sabbath minus Bill Ward out of principle. I’m sure I’ll regret it as much as I do that tour. Least I did catch Sabbath with Bill, I may never see FM :(

43 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Steered clear of the 2019 tour without Lindsay Buckingham. I did the same with Black Sabbath minus Bill Ward out of principle. I’m sure I’ll regret it as much as I do that tour. Least I did catch Sabbath with Bill, I may never see FM :(

Fleetwood Mac are one of the greatest bands ever and still loved today by the young generation, has there ever been a better album than Rumours? You’re right what you say about Lindsay Buckingham though

29 minutes ago, harrys said:

Fleetwood Mac are one of the greatest bands ever and still loved today by the young generation, has there ever been a better album than Rumours? You’re right what you say about Lindsay Buckingham though

In answer, no. And I doubt that there will be. And they’d probably get my vote for #1. Run close by Lordi; obvs 

38 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Guess!

The coversation I had with Stevie Nicks :wub: many many years ago is one of the highlights of my life. She was and still is  a simply gorgeous woman.

I don't do guessing games Robbo !! :nono:

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Well she said she was Stevie Nicks anyway.

Probably some bloke in drag .

;)

She was the real Stevie Nicks alright!   :wub: 

I remember she was wearing a delicious perfume. Very soft and flowery. Waaay too expensive for likes of Mrs Robbo......

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I remember she was wearing a delicious perfume. Very soft and flowery. Waaay too expensive for likes of Mrs Robbo......

I met Mick Fleetwood at a gig they did at a pub on the outskirts of Birmingham in 1970. There were about 30 people in the audience. 

Long before they moved to the States and Stevie and Lindsay joined them.

It was during the interval and we chatted at the bar. I said I liked what they had done so far.

He said "No way mate, we were crap, I am thinking of breaking up this band and starting again" !!!

True story.

Little did he (or me) know that they would go to make Rumours, which I agree is one of the two or three best albums ever made. 

On 03/04/2019 at 12:14, Robbored said:

I never thought the day would arrive when I would be jealous of ol Robbored but there we have it .

My personal favourite brush with fame ; 

I slept with Alanis Morrisette . We didn’t exactly share a bed but we did share a dormitory in Patagonia.

She still dines  out on this story I’m sure .

On 02/04/2019 at 11:44, Robbored said:

The coversation I had with Stevie Nicks :wub: many many years ago is one of the highlights of my life. She was and still is  a simply gorgeous woman.

What did she say?

" 'ere, are you the bloke that Gary Johnson told me about?"

or

" Are you that bloke that drives a minibus for Bristol Rovers? "

:dunno:

14 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

What did she say?

She asked me what my job was and when I explained she said something  like ‘ then you’ll understand the problems I’ve had’  She was simply adorable.....:wub: and our conversation went on for ages until she was called away. It was clear to me from the vernacular she used that she’d been in rehab.

On 12/04/2019 at 13:13, Robbored said:

She asked me what my job was and when I explained she said something  like ‘ then you’ll understand the problems I’ve had’  She was simply adorable.....:wub: and our conversation went on for ages until she was called away. It was clear to me from the vernacular she used that she’d been in rehab.

It was also on the official site .

:yes:

On 12/04/2019 at 12:13, Robbored said:

Where and how did you meet her - serious question?

10 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Where and how did you meet her - serious question?

My sister was a nanny employed by the band. She travelled all of the world with them. She had a wonderful time as you can imagine.

She was able to arrange for us to be on the guest list  for their concerts and including the post concert ‘do’. Mrs Robbo and I were on the guest list and that’s when I met the adorable but fragile  Stevie Nicks.  :wub:.

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

My sister was a nanny employed by the band. She travelled all of the world with them. She had a wonderful time as you can imagine.

She was able to arrange for us to be on the guest list  for their concerts and including the post concert ‘do’. Mrs Robbo and I were on the guest list and that’s when I met the adorable but fragile  Stevie Nicks.  :wub:.

Thank you for answering - must have been some great nights.

22 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Thank you for answering - must have been some great nights.

My sister became close friends with Mick Fleetwood's sister Sally and often stayed with her in Mousehole, Cornwall.  Still in contact now I think, 30 years on.

Mick also owned a huge 16th century house just north of Salisbury, not far from where Sting owned/owns a similar house in the same area with the river Avon running thru the land belonging to the property. 

I often visited my sister there. Lovely place.

Archived