IGNORED

How many are we going to get tanked by today?

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

I honestly don't know why some of you "support" this club. 

I support this team through and through. I just don’t see us winning against a clearly superior team, both in terms of table position and recent form. That’s called logic and being a realist.

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Agree in general and SOD does hold the unwanted record of longest winless run in league games of 16, but we did get wins against Palace and the Gas in cup games in between. So I was just wondering what our record winless run in all competitions is, perhaps it's already LJs record with his 8 defeats...

We beat a palace reserve side and a rovers team who were crap at the time (as good a night as it was) 

Those two results don't make the pathetic period under SOD any better... 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Break should have done us some good and may have hit their momentum. I hope the players are not as defeatist as some of our fans.

Predicting a score based on the level of performance in recent games and coming up with a likely defeat is "defeatist"? 

Weird. 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Predicting a score based on the level of performance in recent games and coming up with a likely defeat is "defeatist"? 

Weird. 

Form can change in a split second at any time, not to mention there's been the best part of a month since we played.

Every game is independent to the last.

21 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Form can change in a split second at any time, not to mention there's been the best part of a month since we played.

Every game is independent to the last.

Independent? It really isn't. 

Yes, it's a different game, but that's just playing with semantics. 

The same manager and players says our ability and likely level of performance today is inextricably linked to who played in the previous game(s) and how they played. Else any team in the world could beat any other team in the world at any time. 

Form can change, but suggesting it will is more hopeful than the - dare I say - more realistic view taken by most here. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Independent? It really isn't. 

Yes, it's a different game, but that's just playing with semantics. 

The same manager and players says our ability and likely level of performance today is inextricably linked to who played in the previous game(s) and how they played. Else any team in the world could beat any other team in the world at any time. 

Form can change, but suggesting it will is more hopeful than the - dare I say - more realistic view taken by most here. 

Different opposition and opposition manager, so 50% different already.

Players would have been given different things to try and stop, or different weaknesses to try and exploit, another difference.

From the second the kick off is taken this game will be different to our last and Sheffield United's last as different decisions will be made.

Automatically assuming a thrashing isn't- a la the OP-, dare you say it, the more realistic view. Acknowledging that a draw or defeat isn't unlikely is realistic, doesn't mean a narrow win isn't.

2 hours ago, INCRED said:

The stats say home win, probably 2-0 but these are the types of games where LJ and the team pull a rabbit out of the bag and get a win and then follow up with a win at Boro and hey ho - back in the top 6

Rabbit firmly pulled out of the bag!??

Archived