IGNORED

How many are we going to get tanked by today?

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Apparently thinking we could get a narrow win today wasn't realistic.

Aye. No problem with people declaring them as favourites and thinking we might lose, that was perfectly sensible based on league positions and recent form.

However it was the insistence that we had no chance of winning, that we'd definitely get stuffed and that anyone daring to suggest otherwise was being deluded that is the issue.

10 hours ago, ... said:

The floor is yours.

:winner_third_h4h:

How long do people have to watch football for before they realise that you can never be certain of a result in advance? Too many people make their mind up before a ball is kicked.

Past form is never a guarantee of future results. If it was, we wouldn’t go on winning runs after losing runs, or vice-versa.

We’ve had quite a few unexpected positive results this season, as well as some unexpected negative ones.

Hopefully this result will make a few people who like to think they know exactly how it’s going to go, that you can never be certain, and we are right in the mix this season. Genuinely believe an atmosphere of optimism could make the 1% difference on the run in.

COYR!

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Where’s King of dogs? Thers a portion of humble pie waiting................:rofl2br:

I'm right here, buddy.

If you had read my earlier posts correctly you will see, I effectively predicted this exact result and scoreline.

It's too much to expect any credit for this .................

17 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I think we all know what the title of this thread means now...

Q. How pissed are we all gonna get tonight?

A. WELL tanked

I can taste my first shandy.

10 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Agree in general and SOD does hold the unwanted record of longest winless run in league games of 16, but we did get wins against Palace and the Gas in cup games in between. So I was just wondering what our record winless run in all competitions is, perhaps it's already LJs record with his 8 defeats...

When was the run of 16 winless league games under SOD? Genuine question....I remember a 9 game winless run in 2012/2013 under SOD and a 12 game winless run in 2013/2014 under him .... although, wasn’t one of those runs at the end of one season, followed by the other run at the start of the next season?! So, we went 21 league games without a win under SOD?! Blimey....

3 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Really proud watching that. Quality football, quality result, quality management, quality viewing.

Enjoy your deserved credit tonight, AW

Exceptional stuff, fella

Oops comment meant for highlights thread

also a note to LJ,play him in the right position and he can score goals,corkers at that

8 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Man the **** up... there only opinions!!!

The lads responded ... onwards and upwards ??

It should be they are or they're. But thanks for your input. And no need to swear, we've all had a beer babber.

ps most of the opinions were negative.

Archived