IGNORED

Sheffield United v Bristol City Match Day 37

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

My very favourite player. Welcome back Korey. 

I’m not sure why his first game after so many months out would be such cause for optimism, but I’m more confident now than I was. 

I only quote you as the isn't a.      "aww bless , I know exactly what you mean"      emoji 

5 minutes ago, internetjef said:

532 wingbacks?

Da silva and hunt wide, Weiman and fam up top?

It's 5-3-2

So is this a tactical change to cope with Sheff Utd?

Or LJ wanted to bring Korey in but didn't want to drop Brownhill or Pack? So changes the formation to accommodate all 3?

5-3-2 or 3-5-2 either way I like it. I would be tempted to play this formation for the rest of the season. 
Hopefully more solid in MF , some help for Fam , willing width from DaSilva and Hunt , energy getting forward from MF with Brownhill. 
Reasonable options from the bench, though would have liked to see Semenyo on there. 

Interesting line ups, looks like we're going to try and match their 3-5-2 which is a big ask when we've not been playing it and they're very confident playing it. 

I can see today being a thumping, especially with McGoldrick going against Wright, he's going to have a field day. I also think Weimann is a poor choice in that front 2 if he doesn't stay central as he goes missing when he pushes out wide as we don't pick out his runs. 

All in all I think LJ doesn't want us to get over run in the midfield and is aware that is likely if we use the 2 central and 2 wide men set up. 

Also after what's been said about Korey fitness this is the wrong game for him to come back, high pressure and high tempo, really not how we should be bringing him back. 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

You aware if Smith is ready then?  

Ready or not when you're has a major injury and have a history of serious injuries so you think the first game back should be against an automatic promotion team who go for the full 90 mind, battle hard and play high tempo, high pressure? 

He's genuinely at risk of picking up another injury and beyond that he's not match sharp so in such a challenging game so we want something who's been out for months playing in one of the most important positions in these types of games? 

Archived