IGNORED

Sheffield United v Bristol City Match Day 37

Septic Peg

24 minutes ago, RedDave said:

This hasn’t aged well 

No and that's the beauty of football, if I went back to many of our matches I wonder how many "we'll win today" comments I'll find from day the Wolves, Brum etc games... I'm sure they didn't age well either. 

All I know is I'm happy right now, we got a fantastic result against our form and against a team who have been walking through most teams in this league. 

I wonder how many of the fans last season who said we were going to get promotion were happy when we finished 11th? I know I wasn't overly surprised and that's the beauty of looking at our squad realistically, realistically we punched above our weight today and it felt great but when we get over confident and then get run through by a better team I'm not disappointed, it's just expected. 

As I said earlier you questioned my status as a supporter because I thought today's match was tough and the form didn't bode well for us, I didn't at any point say were wouldn't beat them, just that it didn't look good and apparently that was enough to make me not a supporter of the club.

As much as you may dislike me as a supporter I think supporters who are willing to cast out a fellow supporter because they have a less than over optimistic view on a match is far worse than someone who doesn't think a tough match is likely to result in a win. 

Brilliant game, yes it looks like we could make top 6. 

Leveler though, for 30 odd games some of us have asking why LJ still plays Weiman out of position even though his first 6 games showed he could and would score if played as a striker!

Not exactly putting LJ down again, but none of us are Managers and almost all of us could see it - WTF? Is that why the coaches were going at each other last game at home?

A few more comments from Sheff Utd. forums:

This result was obviously going to happen, not because it was coming but because we were playing them *****. Never known a luckier club when playing us at Bramall Lane, always tight, always even-ish, but they always get the breaks

Nonsense. Like when the free kick hit the post. They had more efforts all gsme and deserved the win. Nothing to do with luck

People will blame the subbut we never had control of the game from start to finish even when leading as we sat off all game

I think that’s fair. In fact before heading in front 2nd half I thought we looked in danger of losing. But having put ourselves in front I do think a different substitution could have meant a different result. In fact if we’d have just managed the initial minutes having readjusted we might have done.

Not saying they were lucky on the field of play, but they certainly have the Indian sign over us and always seem to get the breaks against us no matter how well or badly we play.

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Haven’t read this thread so don’t know if anyone’s commented on fam. I’ve given him loads of stick and it’s been deserved but he was quality today , hold up play and link up play were much better. Well played fam. ??????

deffo, only seen the goals but he looked strong where he needed to be

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Fascinating to look at the differences in style in that first half, SU slick, fluid, fast and always looking to go forward, City neat, deliberate, slow and usually going sideways or backwards. Mainly IMO due to Fammy being isolated and therefore if we do play it forward we generally concede possession.

So with two yellows and Korey not match fit we will be making changes, which could suit us in this game. I fancy if NE and KP could liven things up and give us a bit more pace and creativity then we stand a better chance, provided we don’t become too open. as clearly the Blades have enough quality and will cut us to shreds.

It is great to see Korey back and AW back on the score sheet.

And again and again ⚽⚽⚽

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

A few more comments from Sheff Utd. forums:

This result was obviously going to happen, not because it was coming but because we were playing them *****. Never known a luckier club when playing us at Bramall Lane, always tight, always even-ish, but they always get the breaks

Nonsense. Like when the free kick hit the post. They had more efforts all gsme and deserved the win. Nothing to do with luck

People will blame the subbut we never had control of the game from start to finish even when leading as we sat off all game

I think that’s fair. In fact before heading in front 2nd half I thought we looked in danger of losing. But having put ourselves in front I do think a different substitution could have meant a different result. In fact if we’d have just managed the initial minutes having readjusted we might have done.

Not saying they were lucky on the field of play, but they certainly have the Indian sign over us and always seem to get the breaks against us no matter how well or badly we play.

Well pleasing really. That odious little shit Sharpe has always given it the big one when scoring against us. 

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Haven’t read this thread so don’t know if anyone’s commented on fam. I’ve given him loads of stick and it’s been deserved but he was quality today , hold up play and link up play were much better. Well played fam. ??????

For all of those people criticising him all season (some of it fair at times), much easier up front when you’ve got a partner, especially giving you a flick-on option, because Weimann will run in behind.

What a cracking afternoon out that was!

Sheffield Utd are a good team (though probably not at their best): very solid, move the ball reasonably well and find space in the final third. But we were, aside from the first 10 min and a 10 min period in the second half, simply the better team.

Korey grew into the game and was excellent by the time he went off. Hunt and Dasilva found space on the flanks. Brownhill and Pack were both great. Weimann was magnificent.

But props to Johnson; he rolled the dice, made the substitutions and it really paid off. Paterson and Palmer both affected the game so positivley. Johnson seems to make those calls every week and more often than not, gets it right

An extra shout to Diedhou too. The guys sat behind me kept calling him a donkey and commenting on he never wins headers (and yet our back 4 keep launching long balls at his head...), but watch the highlights; 3 city goals, three big contributions from Famara

One final note. The ref was terrible

The end

9 hours ago, downendcity said:

Birmingham and Ipswich look even more depressing results now. :(

Why do we make the easy look hard and the hard look more than manageable?

Great result and perhaps , for a change, the international break came at the right time for us.

As another poster said, change of formation was key, Korey coming back, Weimann going properly upfront.

A magnificent win with City on the verge of falling away like last season; hopefully this is a corner turned this time around. I hope Lee does not push Weimann back in the next match.

Archived