IGNORED

Today is Lee Johnson Day

Curr Avon

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

We may have have faltered in the last 5 games, but to beat the second placed team in the Championship who've failed to concede a goal in seven games is unbelievable!

Today is Lee Johnson day!!!

Always Believe!!!!!!!

Good to see you today Mark. Your jokes don't get any better, mind!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We’ve already seen that - back in August. I reckon it will be a different result this time..

That day he decided to be clever and play Marley Watkins up against Flint!

Start of the next streak?

Two unbeaten!

C17F83F9-5C85-4AA6-BD2D-C48CC1CDB80A.jpeg

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Rest. We looked much sharper  today 

And we often seem to be able to turn it up a notch against teams we have ‘no chance’ of beating. We don’t always get a result but our performance and desire is often clear. Against teams we should ‘easily do over’ , eg the Bolton’s, Rotherhams, ipswiches of the League we more often than not struggle and rarely scrape a point. 

4 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

We may have have faltered in the last 5 games, but to beat the second placed team in the Championship who've failed to concede a goal in seven games is unbelievable!

Today is Lee Johnson day!!!

Always Believe!!!!!!!

Someone on the Sheff Utd forum agrees with you:

“Johnson > Wilder

Thought he won that match for Bristol today. After watching us dominate the first 10 minutes he changed Bristol to match us in formation packed the midfield and after that we never settled. Wilder was forced to abandon our usual 3-5-2 (something we haven’t done for a while) and I thought after that they were deserving of the 3 points. Three mistakes at the back were punished clinically by Weimann with too many players having off days today for us. But credit Bristol they exploited our weaknesses nicely. I trust we will be back to winning ways next week. UTB

On a side note I can see why Adam Webster gets singled out for praise on twitter and in podcasts. looks like he would suit our system nicely...”

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Rest. We looked much sharper  today 

This. We have flogged Pack and Brownie this year and they looked sharper. Think Korey helped which allowed JB to be more attacking. They all looked fresher.

We are deffo in the mix now but it’s so close it’s ridiculous. This league is mad 

Lj simply showing at BL what most people have known for a while. He and Wilder are the best two English ma agers outside the Premier. Lj proves to be the better of the two. 

Great day out for Weimann, fans who travelled and our inspirational coach. More of the same on Tuesday would make it a lovely northern mini-tour. Hope Weimann recovers in time. 

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yeah. Because beating Man U was no achievement!

Fair point, but in the context of a poor recent run, to beat a team that sat second, on their own turf, in front of 30,000, who hadn't conceded a goal in seven matches, and twice coming from behind, is a bigger achievement.

But that's just my opinion and watching us beat Manchester United was one of the greatest nights of my life. 

We're blessed to be City fans.

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

We're blessed to be City fans.

Doesn't feel quite like that in my 65+ years of following. At times more like being cursed!

But a great win yesterday and I put our excellent away form down to me not going to any away games this season. It seems to be working,

BTW I'm not going to 'Boro either :fingerscrossed:

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’d be surprised if LJ leaves out a guy who just scored an away hat trick....Wiemann will be obviously full of confidence and the next game can’t come soon enough for him.

Im confident he’ll start at Boro.

Except he took a very nasty knock and limped off when he was substituted.

:shocking:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I didn’t realise that but hopefully he’ll be fine for Tuesday.

I believe the club returned to Bristol to get the lads patched up by the medical and sports science boffins.

Our facilities are very good . 

Hopefully they’ll get AW in the ‘ cold room ‘ to make him fit for Tuesday. 

As an aside, I like Bramall Lane , a proper old ground with a good loud support and atmosphere.

Archived