IGNORED

Steward Headlock

The Original OTIB

Nope, sorry but I’m not having that in the slightest.

You encroach on the playing surface in light of recent events at games and you deserve everything you get. I understand how elated you might be but you simply cannot go on the pitch. It really is as simple as that. Those fans have ruined what should’ve been a memorable away day for themselves.

14 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

After 2nd goal, one idiot running on the pitch was dangerously headlocked from behind and then dragged away from the pitch by the head. Highly dangerous and not the way to do it. Yes, the plonker should not have come on, but that is dangerous stewarding and the bloke should be reprimanded if not worse.

Yep. Thought that was very poor and needs investigation.

3 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

You encroach on the playing surface in light of recent events at games and you deserve everything you get. I understand how elated you might be but you simply cannot go on the pitch. It really is as simple as that. Those fans have ruined what should’ve been a memorable away day for themselves.

Not what the law says. So it isn't as simple as that is it? 

Yes I noticed this incident too, thought it was way OTT personally, shouldn’t of gone onto the pitch and only has himself to blame with the stadium ban that will be coming his way, but no need for the aggressive nature from the steward at all.

Idiot shouldn't have gone on the pitch in the first place but he meant no harm. 

He even stumbled, causing the steward to lose his grip and then go tighter round his neck. 

Idiotic going on the pitch in the first place, but the steward was way too heavy handed

16 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

:laugh:, birch’em I say.

”deserve everything you get”

That’s the saddest thing I’ve read in a long time.

3 hours ago, WessexPest said:

That is absolutely  no excuse to use excessive force, the elated kid was celebrating a goal, not intending to assault anyone. Some clubs need to train their stewards adequately, not just have a 'he'll do' policy.  When a player scores and jumps into the crowd to celebrate.............he gets booked and not strangled by a steward.

3 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

After 2nd goal, one idiot running on the pitch was dangerously headlocked from behind and then dragged away from the pitch by the head. Highly dangerous and not the way to do it. Yes, the plonker should not have come on, but that is dangerous stewarding and the bloke should be reprimanded if not worse.

Sorry but if he’s gone on the pitch he’s committed a crime and therefore, in my opinion, whatever it takes to get him off

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Sorry but if he’s gone on the pitch he’s committed a crime and therefore, in my opinion, whatever it takes to get him off

But it didn't need that to take him off, he was hardly trying to escape the stewards grasp. 

It was completely over excessive force

Lots of people seem to be defending the pitch invader - Monica Seles was stabbed by a fan who ran onto a tennis court...and we’ve seen more and more instances recently of footballers being assaulted by fans who have run onto the playing area....if anyone thinks it’s ok to run onto the playing surface they are wrong and the stewards are actually going above and beyond their duties when they tackle them....the pitch invaders deserve what they get....if a player was ever stabbed on a pitch (God forbid) those same ‘invader defenders’ on here would be outraged - and rightly so.....so why defend the idiot now?

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Lots of people seem to be defending the pitch invader - Monica Seles was stabbed by a fan who ran onto a tennis court...and we’ve seen more and more instances recently of footballers being assaulted by fans who have run onto the playing area....if anyone thinks it’s ok to run onto the playing surface they are wrong and the stewards are actually going above and beyond their duties when they tackle them....the pitch invaders deserve what they get....if a player was ever stabbed on a pitch (God forbid) those same ‘invader defenders’ on here would be outraged - and rightly so.....so why defend the idiot now?

Nobody has said that. 

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Defended the invader. 

Apologies, I wasn’t clear....I just meant that by saying the invader didn’t deserve the treatment he received just serves to trivialise what could have escalated into a serious incident - stewards just don’t know what a pitch invader’s intentions are these days, so heavy handed responses should be expected....and encouraged....

Archived