IGNORED

Steward Headlock

The Original OTIB

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

But it didn't need that to take him off, he was hardly trying to escape the stewards grasp. 

It was completely over excessive force

Rubbish. In this climate you don’t know someone’s intentions. I have no sympathy for anyone who breaks the law then has their “rights” exploited

48 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies, I wasn’t clear....I just meant that by saying the invader didn’t deserve the treatment he received just serves to trivialise what could have escalated into a serious incident - stewards just don’t know what a pitch invader’s intentions are these days, so heavy handed responses should be expected....and encouraged....

Exactly. Unfortunately you have to expect the worst 

41 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Rubbish. In this climate you don’t know someone’s intentions. I have no sympathy for anyone who breaks the law then has their “rights” exploited

Really? Not defending him for entering the pitch, that’s up to him, but he’s come from the away end after we’ve just scored, why else would he be on the pitch? Steward knew why aswell, all I’m saying is it was over excessive force when it clearly wasn’t needed, not as though he was resisting.

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Anyone else notice about 5/6 stewards come steaming around the side of the stand in the corner after Weimann’s 3rd? ?

Yeah, they came storming in like a cavalry charge.

All in all, I thought their stewards were ok. For one, they didn't force fans to clear the gangways.

41 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Yeah, they came storming in like a cavalry charge.

All in all, I thought their stewards were ok. For one, they didn't force fans to clear the gangways.

Haha! Looked like they couldn’t wait to steam in on a few supporters either that or they decided to leave early then run back in to join in with the celebrations! How you’ve described them overall though that’s how it should be imo, aslong as people aren’t obstructing any others views I can’t see the problem, ott H&S laws though but if an emergency did ever happen you’d have to be a complete cock to not get out of the way!

10 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Sorry but if he’s gone on the pitch he’s committed a crime and therefore, in my opinion, whatever it takes to get him off

Presumably you'd be OK with police using tasers to make the job altogether much quicker? 

9 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I think we knew his intentions, a city fan is hardly going to run towards where his own team are celebrating and try and attack them after having joined in with the celebrations is he? 

Yes, he needed to be taken off. But being dragged by his neck off the pitch isn't the way to do it... 

1 hour ago, Super said:

Cant see anything wrong with that.

That is only part of it, it does not show the original contact from behind. It is far more effective to take the hand and bring it up behind the back and then move the person away. Also, it is dangerous:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/31/policed-football-fans-enemy-manchester-city-bournemouth-police-stewards

As @JulieH wil confirm, the Police do not specifically teach headlocks in training. Indeed, they are taught the dangers of restraining around the neck.

32 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

That is only part of it, it does not show the original contact from behind. It is far more effective to take the hand and bring it up behind the back and then move the person away. Also, it is dangerous:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/31/policed-football-fans-enemy-manchester-city-bournemouth-police-stewards

As @JulieH wil confirm, the Police do not specifically teach headlocks in training. Indeed, they are taught the dangers of restraining around the neck.

I tried to show the whole thing but GIPHY limited me to a 6 second clip, the full thing is on here at 3:49 (not my video btw)

13 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Yes there was. Did you see the whole incident in real time? This does not show all of it.

Watched the whole thing now and yes there was excessive force considering he wasn’t a danger.

I don’t have any sympathy for the guys on the pitch though and hope they all get banned for life.....and the steward should be sacked.

2 hours ago, Waffleflap said:

Don't go on the pitch. Should introduce tazers and electric fences to keep the riff raff off 

That would be interesting to see and not in a good way, if god forbid there was another stadium fire ever again.

21 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Yes there was. Did you see the whole incident in real time? This does not show all of it.

This.

He actually feels the need to do it twice aswell. If I was ever stupid enough to run onto the pitch and celebrate and that tosser did that to me, knowing a ban would be heading my way already I’d of atleast made the ban worthwhile and give that steward his comeuppance. Seeing him drag someone like that not once but twice is shocking, dangerous to say the least. 

Archived