IGNORED

Boro Match NOT on Red Button or BCTV (Merged)

old_eastender

11 hours ago, Monkeh said:

No,

i don’t think rearranged Saturday games are part of the red button deal

We've had a lot of games "re-arranged" for Sundays and they've been on the red button.

Unsure why both games aren't on but could it be anything to do with a limit to the number of times each team can be televised? In practice this would stop teams re-arranging fixtures themselves too much.

Apparently it was City that turned down the opportunity to broadcast the Birmingham game though, Boro may have refused because they want a bigger home crowd

Either way, it's a bit of a shame because I thought these games are exactly what the red button idea is for, with so many games coming up this month. 

12 minutes ago, bcfcbird said:

I believe the home team can choose whether it is or not.. We had a recent game that we chose not to show on the red button.

Yeah that's correct - the game does qualify for red button but only at Boro's discretion (the same applies to BCTV for domestic viewers). We chose not to allow our home game v Birmingham to be shown.

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Probably because if it's not on the Red button, more fans will turn up in person.....

It’s a standard match for their ST holders, but maybe a few less will make midweek games than on a Saturday. As far as our fans go it went from a Saturday fixture to a night match well over 500 mile round trip, and there is the time it takes too. Seems a bit unfair if fans can’t watch it without paying due to being peanalised for success in the cup. 

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

It’s a standard match for their ST holders, but maybe a few less will make midweek games than on a Saturday. As far as our fans go it went from a Saturday fixture to a night match well over 500 mile round trip, and there is the time it takes too. Seems a bit unfair if fans can’t watch it without paying due to being peanalised for success in the cup. 

Have we laid on free coach travel for this?

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

A case of clubs being greedy ?   Making sure fans subscribe to their streaming service.     

Technically it is only available on their streaming service (and BCTV) to overseas subscribers - who wouldn't have access to the red button anyway. It's more to do with maximising the matchday attendance. 

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Technically it is only available on their streaming service (and BCTV) to overseas subscribers - who wouldn't have access to the red button anyway. It's more to do with maximising the matchday attendance. 

Ok fair enough , just got home from work. Don’t think I’ll make in time ?

19 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'll have it on my IPTV service I expect, if it's not on the red button, but sod making 20,000 coffees, we haven't got enough cups! I'm happy to stream / share it if anyone has any ideas where I can do that?

Have often thought the same, sometimes the games are available over here and see that others are struggling for streams, would like to be able to stream it for them

Think some games should be made available domestically via BCTV or whatever if the mileage from ground to ground is over a certain amount, fans can't be expected to travel from Bristol area to Middlesbrough, especially midweek. If the mileage was over a certain amount then there wouldn't be a great reduction in terms of fans not making the trip, perhaps offer 1 off games for this reason at X% of the ticket price.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/international-livestream-available-for-boro/

NTERNATIONAL LIVESTREAM AVAILABLE FOR BORO

Supporters are advised that City’s fixture at Middlesbrough will only be available via an international stream to overseas BCTV+ subscribers.

The Robins make the long trip north to the Riverside Stadium tomorrow evening (Tuesday, 7.45pm KO) and Middlesbrough have opted for no domestic livestream to be available, meaning the game won’t be shown on Sky’s red button either.

Tickets will remain on sale from Supporter Services until 4pm today (Monday). After that time, supporters without tickets will need to pay on the night at the Riverside Stadium.

On BCTV+ for our ex-pat supporters only 

12 hours ago, JBFC II said:

No chance of us ever laying on free coach travel I'm afraid 

I remember back in the late 70's, City did just that for the QPR away game. All you had to do was sign up and become a member of CATS. 

Mind you, London is nearer than Middlesbrough!

Archived