IGNORED

Checkatrade Trophy Final

WessexPest

Should be a decent game between two teams with big, passionate supports and neither of them being named Bristol Rovers.

It’ll be one of - if not the - biggest football crowds of the weekend anywhere in Europe, quite possibly the world. So as much as this travesty of having U21s take part has been this boycott malarkey hasn’t really succeeded has it?

The tournament has always been a case of tiny attendances up until the final, save the odd derby game, then everyone jumps on the bandwagon for a day out at Wembley. Maybe that’ll change if an U21 team ever gets to the showpiece (haven’t come close so far) but if that happened to be a derby then it might still attract a decent attendance.

Somehow, a final in a sullied competition between two sides of great tradition and supporters who travel in large numbers wherever they go, and have endured harrowing times of late still seems less of a betrayal of football’s roots than the PL or Champions League.

Should be a good game no doubt but if the both of these clubs and their really did want make a stand against the EFL and the farce that they’ve turnt this competition into which imo is the start of u23 or u21 sides sooner or later joining the FL then the final at Wembley is the place to be showing their disapproval by not attending? I’m more than sure nobody or anyone from the EFL is bothered that only 100 turned up to watch Colchester v West Ham u23’s, but an empty Wembley would be an embarrassment for them and maybe they’ll scrap it, Sunderland fans probably couldn’t careless as they probably won’t be in it next season.

The EFL offered all clubs more money to persuade them to vote for the u23’s to be entered in and for the smaller clubs it’s hard for them to turn down which I get but if/when the u23’s sides do enter the FL then you can probably say goodbye to a lot of the small clubs. They were all proudly calling boycott at the start of the competition but as Wembley got closer and closer they tossers down the road started changing their mind, coming out with all the excuses, we need the money, we might not ever get to Wembley again etc etc, it’s fans like that and who show up at Wembley tomorrow who’ll be the first to moan when they have Bournemouth and Swansea’s u23’s on their fixture lists.

Plenty of Mackems enroute around Leicester on M1 circa 9am, can't be a coach left in and around Sunderland. How do i know it's them? Their half n half Rovers scarves of course, after all - Sunderland love the sags more than 'da shit'.....

5 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Should be a good game no doubt but if the both of these clubs and their really did want make a stand against the EFL and the farce that they’ve turnt this competition into which imo is the start of u23 or u21 sides sooner or later joining the FL then the final at Wembley is the place to be showing their disapproval by not attending? I’m more than sure nobody or anyone from the EFL is bothered that only 100 turned up to watch Colchester v West Ham u23’s, but an empty Wembley would be an embarrassment for them and maybe they’ll scrap it, Sunderland fans probably couldn’t careless as they probably won’t be in it next season.

The EFL offered all clubs more money to persuade them to vote for the u23’s to be entered in and for the smaller clubs it’s hard for them to turn down which I get but if/when the u23’s sides do enter the FL then you can probably say goodbye to a lot of the small clubs. They were all proudly calling boycott at the start of the competition but as Wembley got closer and closer they tossers down the road started changing their mind, coming out with all the excuses, we need the money, we might not ever get to Wembley again etc etc, it’s fans like that and who show up at Wembley tomorrow who’ll be the first to moan when they have Bournemouth and Swansea’s u23’s on their fixture lists.

Couldn't agree more with this. 

Unfortunately it's the final that the organisers wanted, they will keep quoting the attendance figure, and lauding the competition as being successful.  I haven't attended one of the CT matches this season, and wouldn't have been there today.  There's much more at stake for football in general, when measured against the delights of a day out in north London.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Over on the other channel Rough justice for Cardiff (offside goal)   :laugh: do I give a s**t?

Warnock's off on one  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Going mental especially after thr ref not getting the red card out! ???

Oh dear colin is going to explode!

27 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Unfortunately it's the final that the organisers wanted, they will keep quoting the attendance figure, and lauding the competition as being successful.  I haven't attended one of the CT matches this season, and wouldn't have been there today.  There's much more at stake for football in general, when measured against the delights of a day out in north London.

Ever since the semi-final draw I’ve been hearing from Gash fans that they wouldn’t be seen dead at this tainted final and are glad they got knocked out - while at the same time complaining that the draw was rigged to stop them getting to Wembley so the sponsors got their “dream final”.

#GasLogic

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

What was the figure for City v Walsall?

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Lost hesgoal now the game will probably go to extra time, don't know what's wrong with it atm. tried cricfree but that freezes as usual. anyone suggest a good stream?

Is it not straight to pens?

Archived