IGNORED

Which player has the most potential at the club?

tommydla

Potential is related to age so probably someone in the under 12s.

But I get what you're saying and balancing ability v age I think it's probably Kelly but as a regular starter for a few seasons Brownhill would be high on the list. 

1 hour ago, tommydla said:

In my opinion, the one player who I am certain will play Premier League football has to be Josh Brownhill

Brownhill seems to be about 2% away from being a 10-15 goal a season midfielder.

Keeps getting so close with ridiculous long strikes, if he can just start finding the inside of the post his stats are going to be looking seriously impressive.

12 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Brownhill seems to be about 2% away from being a 10-15 goal a season midfielder.

Keeps getting so close with ridiculous long strikes, if he can just start finding the inside of the post his stats are going to be looking seriously impressive.

Just a bit more composure needed on the “moving ball”, sometimes a little bit on the stretch.

I recall a certain Robert Reid being criticised for snatching at chances before last season.  If Josh could improve that final strike / pass, no-one would mention Bradley Dack or Alan Browne.

I’m sure he will play Prem.

I think Lloyd Kelly will too.

2 hours ago, tommydla said:

In my opinion, the one player who I am certain will play Premier League football has to be Josh Brownhill

He needs to up his game a shade but if he can then the potential is there .

Kelly , Webster, Dasilva, O’Leary , O’Dowda, Elliason , Palmer ...

Potential is what the club are buying.

30 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

There are many unknowns, I have never known so much talent at the club as nowadays. 

All of them won't make it here but the future is very very promising.

As has been shown by McCoulskey. It was low key at the time, but that more than anything showed where we’re going as a club. 

A year ago - big prospect. Realise medical issues, but the decision was made that he had a chance of making it - but we had possibly better coming up and unblocked the pathway.

This, more than anything, is why I get narked with people bringing up Engvall/Moore etc. We pay big fees historically sometimes for potential. But they’re not big fees for where we are now. And if those players don’t progress as we expect, we have people pushing to take their spot. Exactly how it should be.

Hard to choose between the obvious ones like Brownhill or Webster who will almpat certainly play in Premier league in the near future, i still think Brownhill could make an England squad during his career.

Other than that Eliasson does lool very dangerous on his day and with thw right amount of coaching amd first team football he could go very far with hia crossing abilities.

You could also list another 5 or 6 names that all have plenty of development left which goes to show that the clubs mantra is working.

5 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Hard to choose between the obvious ones like Brownhill or Webster who will almpat certainly play in Premier league in the near future, i still think Brownhill could make an England squad during his career.

Other than that Eliasson does lool very dangerous on his day and with thw right amount of coaching amd first team football he could go very far with hia crossing abilities.

You could also list another 5 or 6 names that all have plenty of development left which goes to show that the clubs mantra is working.

Can’t see it really, England have a wealth of young talent at the minute. Can only see him making the Prem by going up with someone rather than a club signing him

9 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

With Lloyd Kelly playing for the U21s I would have to say he has the best chance at playing for the senior squad

Hard question to answer. Links closely with who has the most determination. Look at JET and Tomlin they could have become IMO consistent top flight players if their head was in the right place. 

I would say Kelly and Semenyo are the stand out due to their age. Hard not to list Webster and Browny.

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Can’t see it really, England have a wealth of young talent at the minute. Can only see him making the Prem by going up with someone rather than a club signing him

Agreed and i dont think he would be a regular but at some point i could see a call up if he is in good form

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

There are many unknowns, I have never known so much talent at the club as nowadays. 

All of them won't make it here but the future is very very promising.

Yes, but there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns— the ones we don't know we don't know.

IF Eliasson develops physically and mentally he has a wand of a left foot. By that I mean he has the tools but is a touch predictable and seems unwilling / unable to attack defenders yet. Perhaps if he had a touch more pace / strength you could see him developing into a 10 or part of an attacking 3 scoring 10+ a season.

if not he'll be a Swedish Woolford.......

1 hour ago, Adz6794 said:

Webster for me, not saying some others won`t go on to play PL football but Webster has the best chance.

Has he the pace for the very top level? If we went up I'd be v happy to have him, but not sure he'd be top drawer. 

John Terry played behind a lot of protection to enable him to do what he was very good at - defend the box. I see a bit of that in Webster, although like Terry he is also decent on the ball (at a lower level)

Bakinson for me, everything about his game / appearance /style reminds of me of Paul Pogba.  He could turn into an amazing midfielder, and I'd say he has massive potential.

Just need to sell him to Juventus and then sign him back in a few seasons for obscene money.

Sometimes a player seems to be the current fave rave with star potential who everyone waxes lyrical about: remember the hype about Freddie Hinds, not that long ago? We have to be careful not to get too carried away about individual players. Time will tell if they will ever fulfil their destiny.

However, if I did have to highlight one player who does excite me, that would have to be Niclas Eliasson. If he stays at City, I truly believe he could become a major star. There, I've just jinxed him! 

10 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Someone needs to tell me how they currently see Lloyd Kelly playing in a premiership side - i hate being negative but i just don’t see the same potential as some of you 

Not saying he’s gonna be as good as VVD, but here’s a picture of him at 20/21....a little bit older than Lloyd is now.  Not a huge difference physically.  Lloyd at 6’3” has the physique and athleticism (and pace) to be a great size for a CB.  VVD at 27 is a unit!  Lloyd has 7 years to get there physically.

CA04C5A9-986A-405C-82B4-04BE94F19DC0.thumb.jpeg.759ee3f3a6a362c915119fab5823b5ac.jpeg

and I haven’t been OTT about his performances, just keeping things in check in my appraisal for a youngster playing his first proper season of men’s football.  I think it’s right that he’s not gone out on loan, as he would’ve missed this season’s 25-30+ games.  What it has meant is his mistakes are higher profile...but all in all he hasn’t made many that have led to goals.  He’s suffered in possession at times, but remember he’s actually playing out of position. He’s not had a loan at Plymouth or Cheltenham to ease him into the Men’s game.  People forget that.

At LCB v Assombolonga earlier this season, he was excellent, and was very strong.  He showed he had learned from the baptism v Clarke and Sharp v Sheffield Utd at the end of last season.

He looked good alongside the very impressive Tomori in the u21s....one of only 3 players called up from Championship clubs (not Prem loaners) with Dael Fry and Konza.  U21 isn’t for mugs.

Whether he goes onto full honours is too far in the future, but I do think he’ll play a good number of seasons in the Prem.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not saying he’s gonna be as good as VVD, but here’s a picture of him at 20/21....a little bit older than Lloyd is now.  Not a huge difference physically.  Lloyd at 6’3” has the physique and athleticism (and pace) to be a great size for a CB.  VVD at 27 is a unit!  Lloyd has 7 years to get there physically.

CA04C5A9-986A-405C-82B4-04BE94F19DC0.thumb.jpeg.759ee3f3a6a362c915119fab5823b5ac.jpeg

and I haven’t been OTT about his performances, just keeping things in check in my appraisal for a youngster playing his first proper season of men’s football.  I think it’s right that he’s not gone out on loan, as he would’ve missed this season’s 25-30+ games.  What it has meant is his mistakes are higher profile...but all in all he hasn’t made many that have led to goals.  He’s suffered in possession at times, but remember he’s actually playing out of position. He’s not had a loan at Plymouth or Cheltenham to ease him into the Men’s game.  People forget that.

At LCB v Assombolonga earlier this season, he was excellent, and was very strong.  He showed he had learned from the baptism v Clarke and Sharp v Sheffield Utd at the end of last season.

He looked good alongside the very impressive Tomori in the u21s....one of only 3 players called up from Championship clubs (not Prem loaners) with Dael Fry and Konza.  U21 isn’t for mugs.

Whether he goes onto full honours is too far in the future, but I do think he’ll play a good number of seasons in the Prem.

Cheers Dave a good reply and a great point about not being sent on loan previously - i guess that tells its own story in a way. 

Archived