IGNORED

Matt Clarke

daored

7 minutes ago, daored said:

Just watched the final and he is some player. If Kalas moves on in the summer as expected would certainly like city to be looking at bringing Clarke in. Know he was linked with us in the summer but we went for Webster instead 

If Kalas moves on then I would replace him with one of :

Kelly

Wright

Baker

Vyner 

Moore

we have plenty of centre backs. Need a left back, striker and midfielder 

I didn’t realise we were interested until the commentator said. I think Kalas will go and possibly Webster unfortunately, so we could be looking to replace either. I can’t remember who else was mentioned as looking at him besides us and Watford, was it one of the Sheffields?

Trouble is he had a great game today, and Portsmouth are also a strong promotion contender, so others will be attracted and would he choose us? Think we may have missed the boat by a few months at least?

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Kelly

Wright

Baker

Vyner 

Moore

This fits Steve Lansdown’s philosophy - i e developing young players to make the club self sufficient. Kalas is a ready made option but he would be an expensive signing, assuming he wants to sign. Kelly, Vyner, Moore, although currently not as good, are the cheaper option, that might pay off in the long run. It’s not ideal but that’s the way the club is run. Of course, if it’s Premier League next season, then Kalas May well still be here 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Kelly

Wright

Baker

Vyner 

Moore

I’d be surprised if Baker was here next season, I would continue to loan Moore & Vgner last year personally,

Kelly is ready to step up and we should be promoting him 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Kelly

Wright

Baker

Vyner 

Moore

Moore or Vyner ???

24 minutes ago, daored said:

I’d be surprised if Baker was here next season, I would continue to loan Moore & Vgner last year personally,

Kelly is ready to step up and we should be promoting him 

Have to agree, the money kalas would cost would be better spent on a striker, and kelly Is the best prospect weve had for years.

Definitely one to watch - has received rave reviews down here for the season and would fit the bill at 22 years old. If Portsmouth fail to negotiate the lottery of the play-offs and we end up needing a replacement ball carrying centre back he should be on the list of targets.

I don't think Vyner will amount to much more than a squad player/back-up here, although I'd be quite happy with him as that.

Moore has a bit more about him, and should be continued out on loan - top end/middle league 1 next season and then lower Champ the season after. He'll be 23/24 with 4/5 years league football under his belt.

I actually quite like the unit that plays next to Clarke whose name I can't remember but he's got a man bun or whatever they are called.

21 minutes ago, grifty said:

I don't think Vyner will amount to much more than a squad player/back-up here, although I'd be quite happy with him as that.

Moore has a bit more about him, and should be continued out on loan - top end/middle league 1 next season and then lower Champ the season after. He'll be 23/24 with 4/5 years league football under his belt.

I actually quite like the unit that plays next to Clarke whose name I can't remember but he's got a man bun or whatever they are called.

Burgess that is. 

Moore would be keen on staying at Southend, got a feeling we might cut our losses and just take a handsome sell on fee.

41 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Burgess that is. 

Moore would be keen on staying at Southend, got a feeling we might cut our losses and just take a handsome sell on fee.

Burgess always looked good at Peterborough, can play a bit....but not top-end Champ level.

Big summer for Moore. Having signed a 1 year extension (2019 > 2020) last summer, him and Vyner are 22 next week.  Whilst still both young in CB terms, there comes a time when you need to start thinking are they gonna make it.  I would say Vyner has the edge, with 25+ games at this level, and also contract until 2021.  Moore hasn’t kicked on like I thought he would, and I think we might cut losses too.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Burgess always looked good at Peterborough, can play a bit....but not top-end Champ level.

Big summer for Moore. Having signed a 1 year extension (2019 > 2020) last summer, him and Vyner are 22 next week.  Whilst still both young in CB terms, there comes a time when you need to start thinking are they gonna make it.  I would say Vyner has the edge, with 25+ games at this level, and also contract until 2021.  Moore hasn’t kicked on like I thought he would, and I think we might cut losses too.

Bit harsh on Moore. Rave reviews from Southend fans. 

I want us to be bold and back Vyner and Moore. They need to play a dozen games next season for us. 

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Bit harsh on Moore. Rave reviews from Southend fans. 

I want us to be bold and back Vyner and Moore. They need to play a dozen games next season for us. 

The two games I saw him this season (plus highlights), I’ve been disappointed...and I'm one on here that’s always thought he had a really good chance here.

One of those games was without the experienced Michael Turner alongside him, so I gave him a bit of benefit of the doubt, the other with against 10-man Barnsley when he was pretty poor.  I expected a lot more.

I do think we have to think about the clubs we use for loan.  Southend fine under Chris Powell, I don’t think Cheltenham did him any favours though, playing at RB in a direct style.

Some rave reviews, others mixed.

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The two games I saw him this season (plus highlights), I’ve been disappointed...and I'm one on here that’s always thought he had a really good chance here.

One of those games was without the experienced Michael Turner alongside him, so I gave him a bit of benefit of the doubt, the other with against 10-man Barnsley when he was pretty poor.  I expected a lot more.

I do think we have to think about the clubs we use for loan.  Southend fine under Chris Powell, I don’t think Cheltenham did him any favours though, playing at RB in a direct style.

I would like us to start next season with 8 defenders

Hunt RB 

Vyner RB and CB

Moore CB (and RB cover)

Ajayi CB (and DM cover)

Webster CB

Kelly CB (and LB cover)

Dasilva LB

Pring LB cover

Plenty of game time for everyone apart from Pring across the whole season. Most people will disagree but need to give Moore, Vyner and Kelly a chance to start at least 12-15 games each next season, preferably in their strongest position.

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The bottom line for all loanee’s is, as Brian Tinnion says is all about ‘miles on the clock’. Games under the belts in other words.

In the case of Moore, a defender does it really mater where in defence he plays? Surely it’s about him gaining crucial experience all across the defence? Having positional flexibility is a useful asset on any players CV. Kelly for example currently a LB but will almost certainly end up playing at CB.

Lets not overlook just how young Moore is and consistency doesn’t always fit well in any young player.

We all know that managers have particular styles of play and all  loanee’s will be learning about that style - another notch in their development. It’s all valuable experience.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The bottom line for all loanee’s is, as Brian Tinnion says is all about ‘miles on the clock’. Games under the belts in other words.

In the case of Moore, a defender does it really mater where in defence he plays? Surely it’s about him gaining crucial experience all across the defence? Having positional flexibility is a useful asset on any players CV. Kelly for example currently a LB but will almost certainly end up playing at CB.

Lets not overlook just how young Moore is and consistency doesn’t always fit well in any young player.

We all know that managers have particular styles of play and all  loanee’s will be learning about that style - another notch in their development. It’s all valuable experience.

I would say that Kelly is quite natural at LB or CB, however put him at RB and he would struggle due to his favoured foot, which I guess happened to Moore by playing LB yesterday.

I'd also say that while playing in a team near the bottom of the league would give him plenty of opportunity to defend, he'd learn more in a defence that defended well rather than picking up bad habits of potentially poorer team mates.

Archived