IGNORED

Banners

BigAl&Toby

So the boy has ground me down. 

He wants a banner. We sit behind the goal in the front row so we’ll have a nice spot to put it....

So:

Where do we get one?

What shall we have on it?

Don’t reply with Johnson Out! ?

Promotion through Top Six and Play Offs? Too ******* right ?

Although section82 put a few flags out , seems there’s not much room to put many more in south stand. 

A few more around the ground would look good.  I’m sure over the years I’ve seen a fair few city flags , I remember a red and yellow chequered effort with original robin on. 

I haven’t had a flag since some bugger nicked at Cambridge many years ago ;(

41 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Bedsheets and some fabric scissors. All you need mate.

Or an ex-wife with a degree in Costume Making. That’s Toby’s mother. I’ll ask her.

Thing is the infamous Cardiff away when we had bottles of Brains piss, coins and pies thrown at us for 90 minutes does shape her feelings on the glorious game ?.

Let alone we’re now divorced ?

15 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Although section82 put a few flags out , seems there’s not much room to put many more in south stand. 

A few more around the ground would look good.  I’m sure over the years I’ve seen a fair few city flags , I remember a red and yellow chequered effort with original robin on. 

There is where we sit. Those barriers in front of our seats ?

And if he doesn’t get his way he’s threatening to wear the ref’s shirt he bought on eBay and make a mocked up massive red card.....

Yep. You couldn’t make it up.....

10 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

There is where we sit. Those barriers in front of our seats ?

And if he doesn’t get his way he’s threatening to wear the ref’s shirt he bought on eBay and make a mocked up massive red card.....

Yep. You couldn’t make it up.....

I blame the parents...………….

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

"I love Steve Lansdown"

**** that. That’s a step too far for me ?

But I’m thinking you might have laid the bread on the water. And I’m so hungry I’m biting tonight ?

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I blame the parents...………….

The mother...... ?

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

My favourite of all time was the giant Swedish flag with IKEA TOOK THE TOTE END splattered on it.

Need that back down the Gate.

3 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

So the boy has ground me down. 

He wants a banner. We sit behind the goal in the front row so we’ll have a nice spot to put it....

So:

Where do we get one?

What shall we have on it?

Don’t reply with Johnson Out! ?

Promotion through Top Six and Play Offs? Too ******* right ?

Try these guys, their banners come with a fire safety certificate sewn onto the reverse: 

http://www.barmyflags.co.uk/galleries/

I remember painting "Bristol City FC" on a Union flag I got (one of two) off a lad known as "Wilf" from Withywood, in the garage of me old school pal somewhere in Whitchurch, the night before York away in March '84.

Big flag, it was. So big white letters painted in white across the red horizontal. 

When we peeled it off the garage floor, there it was on his old man's garage floor, as well as the flag.

School boy error (we weren't school boys by then, either).

We took it on that football special train, got to the front and draped it over the wall, and watched as we earned a creditable 1:1 draw.

I don't remember taking it to another (City) game, strangely (it did go to Euro '88 though). Don't remember painting up any more flags in the garage in Whitchurch, either.

I have more City flag/banner tales to beguile you all with, if anyone would like....

3 hours ago, Selred said:

Few watch outs, it has to be have certain safety certificates I believe, and also it can’t go in front of advertising. 

I’m sure someone from Section 82 can help.

It needs to be biodegradable, mustn't use a font that short sighted people will find difficult to read, must be securely fastened to avoid lethal eye injuries, should the wind pick up. Oh, and it mustn't discriminate between either team as that's potentially racist against northerners etc. 

3 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Ta.

Section 82. Come on. Let’s be ‘aving you ?

The boy’s in a hurry.....

@Harry you ITK?

Hi mate. 

Yes there’s plenty of websites out there. Barmyflags being one that’s already been mentioned. 

However, a few of my mates have recently purchased from badges4casuals. If you look at their website and click on flags you’ll see some examples of their work, including 3 recently purchased City flags. The huge banjo robins one, the Deutschland Reds one and the Terrace Culture Adidas one. 

Good flags and good price. 

You know what I wanna see more of though. We’ve got loads of St. George’s already and I’d love to see more fans going for the all red flags instead. There was a great new one at Sheffield yesterday “the corns half cut and so be we”. Looks mint. 

58 minutes ago, Harry said:

A39D540D-A16D-4C57-9CDC-7D487389E511.png

D5E17606-3C05-4139-847E-8B7C4632F8B3.jpeg

The Adge quote flag is superb. The lad should be very proud. Not being a pedant (ok, I will be a pedant) but the lad could ask for a refund as there should be a ' between the n and s (corns). Just sayin'!

9 hours ago, Harry said:

A39D540D-A16D-4C57-9CDC-7D487389E511.png

D5E17606-3C05-4139-847E-8B7C4632F8B3.jpeg

All red with a 76 style badge.

Nice. Will match the home and away shirts from that era that will soon adorn the shrine in his bedroom.

And if there’s space for it and the builder is strong enough the Williams turnstile that we’ll try and get in there too ?

On 31/03/2019 at 21:14, Moments of Pleasure said:

I remember painting "Bristol City FC" on a Union flag I got (one of two) off a lad known as "Wilf" from Withywood, in the garage of me old school pal somewhere in Whitchurch, the night before York away in March '84.

Big flag, it was. So big white letters painted in white across the red horizontal. 

When we peeled it off the garage floor, there it was on his old man's garage floor, as well as the flag.

School boy error (we weren't school boys by then, either).

We took it on that football special train, got to the front and draped it over the wall, and watched as we earned a creditable 1:1 draw.

I don't remember taking it to another (City) game, strangely (it did go to Euro '88 though). Don't remember painting up any more flags in the garage in Whitchurch, either.

I have more City flag/banner tales to beguile you all with, if anyone would like....

You're ok, Kate, thanks. There's some washing for you, mind. Just mind you put some cardboard under it first.

Archived