IGNORED

Fammy

Olé

Desperately need my charger to write up my match report, but can I just say last 10 Famara was unplayable, another evolution in his growth as a hold up player, was just imperious, Flint nearly started crying, was close to our best player today. Fam is still a pivotal player for us.

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

Desperately need my charger to write up my match report, but can I just say last 10 Famara was unplayable, another evolution in his growth as a hold up player, was just imperious, Flint nearly started crying, was close to our best player today. Fam is still a pivotal player for us.

Yep. Watched it on a stream and he was as good as Saturday although more isolated than against sheff Utd , second half especially. First touch good again and didn’t get bullied at all . ??????

26 minutes ago, Olé said:

Caught the end of the first half and second half on a stream (thanks KO! On Twitter), and I thought he had a really good game at both ends.  Wright also excellent.

On 01/04/2019 at 23:16, WayOutWest said:

Ask any centre half he has played against and they will probably tell you about the 90 mins he gave them.

He must be a defenders nightmare, he is a big unpredictable unit.  His first touch makes him that, which in turn makes him hard to handle as he is so unorthodox.

He makes every single defender he has played against honest.  Because despite his at times poor first touch, he has a good finish.

You cant give him a yard because he will be on you, in your face and his battle level will be a constant threat throughout the game.

Perhaps his price tag goes against him as perhaps we expected more.  But what if he cost 1m or 2m....good player at that value?

He is improving and that's there for all to see.  So fair play to the bloke.  Much more to come from Fam.

Stevo

This. 

I’m glad I’m not alone in being able to see the things you’ve mentioned above and how good Famara really is, some people can’t see beyond his poor touch every now and again. Also it hasn’t helped not having a team mate within 20 yards of him when he does hold the ball up.

On 31/03/2019 at 20:57, wendyredredrobin said:

Fam's talent is unfortunately quite limited, but of late he his movement has improved somewhat and he is helping out in defence for set pieces too.

It does annoy me when he doesn't chase a long ball he could possibly get to and his timing is poor as well often jumping much to late when a high ball comes his way.  He rarely wins anything in the box and it seems strange that he can win more high balls when he comes back to defend.

Probably only a L1 striker for me.

Only league 1? He has had double figures in his two seasons of Championship football and that’s with suspensions and injuries putting him unavailable for a few months. Definitely not league 1 statistics for me

1 hour ago, Olé said:

The formation in the past two matches has suited him more I think. It is similar to Kane dropping deeper for England in the recent internationals. I am not saying Fam is anywhere near the quality of Kane, but recently they've both been playing in teams where they can excel in more of a support role, rather than being relied upon to actually stick the ball in the net. Fam has looked excellent against both Sheff Utd and Boro and lets hope he can carry it on until May.

On 31/03/2019 at 20:57, wendyredredrobin said:

Fam's talent is unfortunately quite limited, but of late he his movement has improved somewhat and he is helping out in defence for set pieces too.

It does annoy me when he doesn't chase a long ball he could possibly get to and his timing is poor as well often jumping much to late when a high ball comes his way.  He rarely wins anything in the box and it seems strange that he can win more high balls when he comes back to defend.

Probably only a L1 striker for me.

Funny how people judge players. I listened to last nights game on talksport and the cometators were really impressed with him. They said he was an outstanding player!

1 hour ago, swanker said:

Funny how people judge players. I listened to last nights game on talksport and the cometators were really impressed with him. They said he was an outstanding player!

As did Gary Owers on Radio Bris. Fammy didn't score in either of these two superb away wins but would we have gathered in all six points, if had not been in the side?

As someone else has said, the team is the sum of it's parts and everyone is contributing. The coaching staff are getting more decisions right than wrong, players are working very hard for the team and how ironic that last evenings winning goal came from the central defender who replaced Flint!

2 hours ago, swanker said:

Yup, same on the feed I had too. They said he was causing Boro all sorts of problems with his strength, ability to hold the ball up and great first touch. They said it several times.

2 hours ago, swanker said:

Too many fans simply don’t see what any particular player brings to a team. Skuse was a perfect example and Fammy is another.

These fans just can’t see beyond results.

35 minutes ago, Super said:

Reminds me of Emile Heskey. He got slated by a lot of people but he always did a job for the team.

It was always armchairs who slated him. He was easy for comedians to pick on too. Ask Owen, Rooney and several others who they wanted up front with them and they would all have said Heskey. Played twice in the 2008 qualifiers and we won both. Without him england wouldn’t have qualified in 2010 

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Too many fans simply don’t see what any particular player brings to a team. Skuse was a perfect example and Fammy is another.

These fans just can’t see beyond results.

I think fans do appreciate what he does bring, but also are right to be frustrated with him, or perhaps for him too.

On Saturday I saw him heavily marked by three players, but his persistence saw him come away with the ball, a great piece of skill until he made a short pass back to an opposing player who waltzed down the pitch with it. He had done the difficult thing and completely messed up the easy pass, not for the first time. THAT’S why people groan. 

There were a few negative remarks from the Boro commentators too as well as the praise. They accused him more than once of looking for the foul, leaning in when he should be trying to stay on his feet. Yes I know lots of players do this but Diedhiou doesn’t always know when to and when not to, that frustrates people too.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I think fans do appreciate what he does bring, but also are right to be frustrated with him, or perhaps for him too.

On Saturday I saw him heavily marked by three players, but his persistence saw him come away with the ball, a great piece of skill until he made a short pass back to an opposing player who waltzed down the pitch with it. He had done the difficult thing and completely messed up the easy pass, not for the first time. THAT’S why people groan. 

There were a few negative remarks from the Boro commentators too as well as the praise. They accused him more than once of looking for the foul, leaning in when he should be trying to stay on his feet. Yes I know lots of players do this but Diedhiou doesn’t always know when to and when not to, that frustrates people too.

I agree that is why many get frustrated, but that is why he plays for us and not in a higher league. Many will not change their opinion of him though, and as soon as he misplaces a pass they are on him in a shot - this is what gets me. He will never get praise from certain fans we have imo, regardless of what he does, and many of the moaners wouldn't have seen the last 2 performances. So if he fumbles a pass on Saturday you will hear the groans straight away which does him no favours whatsoever.

He is a massive player for us and seems a decent bloke and a proper team player. Rather have him than many, many forwards in this League.

Archived