IGNORED

Full Blue Away Kit

Unan

• Admin
Just now, hodge said:

Given it was posted at 7:30 ;)

I'm guessing he meant at 12 there's usually a story saying "Ha Ha" it was an April fools joke and the original story gets removed

Just imagine if it was true and they released it this morning as people would have thought it was an April fool.....

One of my favourite Man Utd kits was their blue and white striped kits from years ago.

I know their fans are largely plastics, but the fact that they went for a blue kit several times in recent history suggested they were (at the time) a million miles ahead of their city rivals, and there wasn't much the blue side could do to stop them.

Should we achieve promotion to the Premier League, I'd be up for a blue away kit. As much as I've said in the past that I would like to see both Bristol sides be in the top flight, I think we're the only team with a legitimate chance of doing so.

2 hours ago, kmpowell said:

This. 100%.

And FWIW, I like it and I'd be happy to see us wearing it.

I'm from the era where we had a proper rivalry with the Gas, so if I was to follow the standard reaction I should be dead against it, but the blue is part of our history and we should be proud to wear it without evening thinking about the gypsies. Why though?

Well, in the 80's/90's there was many a Monday morning at school/college where I had to face the onslaught of blue scarves and those ******* 'design windows' / 'Roman Glass' shirts, but several decades later and we are now so far ahead of them on & off the pitch that they are no longer considered as being equal/better. It doesn't even cross people's minds that there are two significant teams in Bristol, so much so the term "Bristol" is coming back by rival supports to describe us. I know that grates some people, but I like being referred to as just "Bristol". Before our plummet through the leagues we were commonly known as "Bristol", because back then there really was only OTIB.

The truth is that in 2019, we are once again very close to being in the position, and they are so insignificant to us (both on and off the pitch) that if we look at this as something for us, then this shows there really is , once again, only OTIB.

C'mon Jon, make it happen. :)

Both Manchester clubs have worn both colours. United have had blue away kits (allbeit not sky blue) and City have often worn Red and Black away shirts

Can remember one year when a forum member did a mock-up of Gary Johnson resigning right before the Yeovil game. Reason of resigning was due to his respect of Yeovil Town. Shown the old man and he went into a fit of rage. Questioning what kind of excuse was that to resign from your place of work. Very well written!

I think Rovers came up with their own bottled water...

Not a bad effort but it's nothing on that gag from the fewers on their own fans.  No not that one,  or that one,  no not that one either,  the one where they put a picture of our ground on their season ticket renewal ad.

They even released it before April 1st just to make it seem more genuine,  the clever buggers. 

57 minutes ago, RumRed said:

My vote will always go for the dark blue away kit.  History and will most certainly have the fewers spitting.

What they’d be spitting is anyone’s guess. ?

One season we did have a vote for the away kit. Choices were, IIRC, Orange, Green, Dark Blue & the winning black. Think it was for the 2003/04 season?

9 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

One season we did have a vote for the away kit. Choices were, IIRC, Orange, Green, Dark Blue & the winning black. Think it was for the 2003/04 season?

Do seem to remember that,  time to reclain the blue (our blue obviously, not the version the Sags use which looks like their felt tip is running out)

F5B62BD7-F8AE-4320-B78D-5C1F8504BE91.jpeg

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Do seem to remember that,  time to reclain the blue (our blue obviously, not the version the Sags use which looks like their felt tip is running out)

If I put out a display as piss poor and amateur as that at my garage sale I would be ashamed of myself!

10 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

If I put out a display as piss poor and amateur as that at my garage sale I would be ashamed of myself!

I put up a better display when running the ‘Band Society’ (Guitars and indie/rock, not Brass!) at Liverpool Uni back in the 90’s and our total subs added up to about £140 a month and we had to fix/replace amps, PAs etc in the rehearsal space which we also had to pay for. Rehearsal space deeply discounted by the University it has to be admitted. 

Unlike Rovers some of the members put their hands in their own pockets to cover costs and make it viable. 

17 hours ago, RumRed said:

That can't be a real Rovers set up, there's no Babestation on the TV!

Archived