IGNORED

Full Blue Away Kit

Unan

9 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

Like others on here, I have a very strong suspicion that, sooner or later, we will have a “Bristol Bears blue” away kit and Bristol Bears will have a “Bristol City red” away kit. If this prophecy comes true, what would the general sentiment be?

I’m actually warming to the idea. There is lots of the stadium internally and externally that is red, blue and white and the Bears have a lot of red on their kit, home kit at that. I’m not saying we should have blue on our home kit, that’s a step too far but to bring it in for an away kit and put two fingers up to the Gas wouldn’t worry me. We would probably have purple and lime as the more popular 3rd kit anyway. To bring blue into training wear might be more popular than a bright red ‘out there’ design for leisurewear too? 

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’m actually warming to the idea. There is lots of the stadium internally and externally that is red, blue and white and the Bears have a lot of red on their kit, home kit at that. I’m not saying we should have blue on our home kit, that’s a step too far but to bring it in for an away kit and put two fingers up to the Gas wouldn’t worry me. We would probably have purple and lime as the more popular 3rd kit anyway. To bring blue into training wear might be more popular than a bright red ‘out there’ design for leisurewear too? 

It's also a dark navy blue (sometime even looks black from a distance) I think it will happen some time as well

1 hour ago, solihull cider red said:

@Miah Dennehy drove a horse & cart full of City fans all the way to London town... :whistle:

His new forum name would then have to be Robboblue.

56 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I hope the new badge is an early, elaborate April Fool prank.

I thought Saturday's result was!   :)

9 minutes ago, Fiale said:

It's also a dark navy blue (sometime even looks black from a distance) I think it will happen some time as well

The home kit and the blue around the stadium isn’t as dark as you might think, it’s certainly gone blue-er since the rebrand and added to the rebuild.

EC603E27-1ACC-4061-9402-65853362BC20.jpeg

EC250DF2-1A62-4DB9-96E9-FB88CF0FE0DC.jpeg

You know what, the more I think about it......

I think this is the club testing the waters, to see what the reaction is. If the majority of feedback was positive about it, then actually that will be our away kit next year. If it was an overwhelmingly negative response, then it will just be left as an April Fools thing, and forgotten about.

I honestly think that it's market research done through Social Media...?

Hate to say it but maybe the Gas were ahead of their time, google pink kits and there are loads, some big clubs ( not the Gas) have worn pink in various shades. Quite popular as a keepers kit too, cerise pink. I’d love a pink kit. 

17 minutes ago, Taz said:

I think this is the club testing the waters, to see what the reaction is. If the majority of feedback was positive about it, then actually that will be our away kit next year. If it was an overwhelmingly negative response, then it will just be left as an April Fools thing, and forgotten about.

This. 100%.

And FWIW, I like it and I'd be happy to see us wearing it.

I'm from the era where we had a proper rivalry with the Gas, so if I was to follow the standard reaction I should be dead against it, but the blue is part of our history and we should be proud to wear it without evening thinking about the gypsies. Why though?

Well, in the 80's/90's there was many a Monday morning at school/college where I had to face the onslaught of blue scarves and those ******* 'design windows' / 'Roman Glass' shirts, but several decades later and we are now so far ahead of them on & off the pitch that they are no longer considered as being equal/better. It doesn't even cross people's minds that there are two significant teams in Bristol, so much so the term "Bristol" is coming back by rival supports to describe us. I know that grates some people, but I like being referred to as just "Bristol". Before our plummet through the leagues we were commonly known as "Bristol", because back then there really was only OTIB.

The truth is that in 2019, we are once again very close to being in the position, and they are so insignificant to us (both on and off the pitch) that if we look at this as something for us, then this shows there really is , once again, only OTIB.

C'mon Jon, make it happen. :)

39 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

To be fair, I'd buy it. Shame it's only an April Fools. 

We had blue shirts years before the 15ers did. Let's reclaim it. 

Still got the shirt from the game we played at Crystal Palace (the original, not Selhurst Park!) to celebrate the centenary of the game. 

gettyimages-663481568-612x612.jpg

I was there too with relatives of defender Archie Annan and our manager Harry Thickitt. I say #ReclaimTheBlue. Twas Edwardian Blue.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Hate to say it but maybe the Gas were ahead of their time, google pink kits and there are loads, some big clubs ( not the Gas) have worn pink in various shades. Quite popular as a keepers kit too, cerise pink. I’d love a pink kit. 

Nah. It's old hat. Palermo have had a pink kit for over a century.

25 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Nah. It's old hat. Palermo have had a pink kit for over a century.

Juventus' first kit was pink, but they ran out of shirts and their contact in this country got them Notts County strips instead and it stuck.

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

To be fair, I'd buy it. Shame it's only an April Fools. 

We had blue shirts years before the 15ers did. Let's reclaim it. 

Still got the shirt from the game we played at Crystal Palace (the original, not Selhurst Park!) to celebrate the centenary of the game. 

gettyimages-663481568-612x612.jpg

I played in that game, front row 3rd left 

Archived