IGNORED

3-5-2 worked, but I think LJ may switch back to 1 up top tomorrow

The Exiled Robin

I said it suits the squad we have, didnt mean we should play it all the time. I think its a good option to have as well as the many variants of a flat back 4 that we have used. So handy to have alternatives. We are overloaded with CB's who can play in a 3 as well as Hunt and Dasilva as WB. Yes we have loads of wingers as well, we can play with this as another option with for instance  Elliason starting or off the bench. Also Pato and  O'Dowda happy to play MF or AM , Watkins can play through the middle. 

On 01/04/2019 at 20:35, 1960maaan said:

Good read @The Exiled Robin, my fear is that LJ will fall into an old trap of over thinking it. I think it makes sense to keep the same shape, but I do think he might swap back, hope I'm wrong. 
If he feels no effect , a fit Korey might swing it for the "new" formation . Another reason I'd like to see us stick to this shape, both Morrell and Walsh could step in and add an attacking eye the the MF3. You could even push Josh to RWB and Palmer into CMF for the Wigan game.  The set up from Saturday , IMO, answers questions of our MF and attack , while still being solid. Fingers crossed he sticks with it. 

Thanks! And he did, to a degree, It sounded more like three forward from the radio commentary - very bold. Let's hope he does the same on Saturday and we finally blow away a team which I think we're overdue this season

On 02/04/2019 at 18:28, Davefevs said:

LJ said that the squad suited 352 too.....I think it’s fair to say it suited his argument!!!!

I must admit I wonder if he's got half an eye on the future, with Kelly at LCB, O'Dowda moving on? Pato/Palmer/ANOther fighting for the 'spark' role, Walsh an option in the three?

On 02/04/2019 at 18:01, Angmering Red said:

I said it suits the squad we have, didnt mean we should play it all the time. I think its a good option to have as well as the many variants of a flat back 4 that we have used. So handy to have alternatives. We are overloaded with CB's who can play in a 3 as well as Hunt and Dasilva as WB. Yes we have loads of wingers as well, we can play with this as another option with for instance  Elliason starting or off the bench. Also Pato and  O'Dowda happy to play MF or AM , Watkins can play through the middle. 

True, great to have lots of options especially for a Tinkerman! ;)

On 02/04/2019 at 17:43, The Bard said:

If it suits the squad why on earth do we have so many wingers??

A load of wingers who have all failed to nail down a regular spot. They're good options - for subs or a change up, but I think we can be stronger with the three in midfield, Pato and O'Dowda can play inside and Hunt/Dasilva can offer the width 

8 minutes ago, The Exiled Robin said:

I must admit I wonder if he's got half an eye on the future, with Kelly at LCB, O'Dowda moving on? Pato/Palmer/ANOther fighting for the 'spark' role, Walsh an option in the three?

True, great to have lots of options especially for a Tinkerman! ;)

Yep.

6 minutes ago, The Exiled Robin said:

A load of wingers who have all failed to nail down a regular spot. They're good options - for subs or a change up, but I think we can be stronger with the three in midfield, Pato and O'Dowda can play inside and Hunt/Dasilva can offer the width 

Bingo.

Archived