IGNORED

Scouting en France

BigAl&Toby

So we gave Sheffield a miss for the delights of Savoie in the French Alps.

Went along to watch my nephew play footie Saturday morning. His team get a penalty. We take up our usual position behind the goal and do the usual keeper baiting. Shameful. A grown adult goading a child ?

Up comes the penalty taker. He looks like a younger version of Tomlin. Somewhat gifted, can strike the ball well but carries a bit too much weight....

You can see from the pic what a penalty taker he is.

Two questions though:

What happened next?

And is it worth me mentioning him to Mark Ashton? He was certainly better than that last buffoon we got from France ?

C6D513F4-9CA0-4B8F-865C-259C4D505ABD.jpeg

9 hours ago, Xiled said:

You goaded the keeper from behind the goal?

A child?

Take a good look at yourself.

So this is what happened........

It was 1-1. Nephew’s team needed it to go in to get their first win of the season. Me and other nephew took up our position and goaded the keeper ?. Note change of emoji @Xiled just in case it was needed.....

Then whoosh. And the ball smacks against the bar, rebounds to a defender and they set up an attack and score at the other end....

In typical BCFC fashion so much promise and hope ended up in defeat.

Last I heard the bar was still reverberating.

But if Ashton wants another aspiring French forward I’m happy to negotiate a pre-Brexit bargain ?

9 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Artificial grass pitches in every village I visited.

And the basketball facilities in Aix les Bains were equally superb. Seriously.

Perhaps they’ve beaten the Messiah to it.....

Oh how the rest of Europe must be laughing at us Islanders.......

I am in Europe most weeks, and they don't so much laugh at us, as pity us. Horrible feeling.

Great story, thanks for posting.

9 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Artificial grass pitches in every village I visited.

And the basketball facilities in Aix les Bains were equally superb. Seriously.

Perhaps they’ve beaten the Messiah to it.....

Oh how the rest of Europe must be laughing at us Islanders.......

They are already  laughing, incredulously, at the own goal we’ve scored with the Brexit fiasco.

When the world powers meet little old United Kingdom will be given a token seat in the corridor as we get trampled all over.

44 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

They are already  laughing, incredulously, at the own goal we’ve scored with the Brexit fiasco.

When the world powers meet little old United Kingdom will be given a token seat in the corridor as we get trampled all over.

They will indeed. Whilst the likes of that 1930s throwback Rees Mogg and his research group mates will be pissing themselves even more.

Counting their profits they made on betting on currency movements whilst they ****** over all the futures of those who had no say. 

Cross? Me? A bit...

I seem to remember a game quite a few years ago when were denied a blatant penalty, and the opposition then immediatly took possession, ran to the other end and scored the winner. It was late in the game...........it was away.........and the opposition were Middlesboro!!   Am i imagining this?   Does anyone else recall this, or am i delusional?   Ha!   ??

Archived