IGNORED

New Crest - The race is on....

RightUpInCider

There has been a lot of debate on the new badge and it’s clear that people are more inclined to post if they don’t like it compared to those who like it. However the polls do seem to suggest its a good crest.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Can any old timers remember the reaction to the original robin on a bridge crest when it was launched?  

2. All those fans with tattoos must be a little miffed.... but who is going to win the race to have the first tattoo of the new crest!?! Please post your photos here!

Personally I think I like it and am sure it will grow on me even more. I was not keen on the old robin on a bridge crest to be honest; despite that being the only thing I had on what I believe was the very first Bristol City website in 1993! 

Time moves on....

The "robin on the bridge" badge was very much of it's time, and, in a simpler era, there was not the "socialmeediah" hoo-ha there is now(an "old-timer" writes). The badge was thought to be modern and "with it".

But, at least that badge, and the original (which I prefer, but I do realise that I am from the traditional, olde worlde) have a visible link with the City of Bristol- we are, after all, Bristol City!

Archived