IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday Tickets

SuperFly2002

Fancied this trip but like I boycott Leeds for their prices I am not doing this one. Yes I know we charge similar and think this is disgraceful too. If nobody paid over £30 the club’s would soon back down. 

I understand the sentiment of a cap for Championship games when the MPL (miss-match) Premier League caps fans prices at £25. 

Is a tenner extra worth paying for what 'could be' the most important league game of the season. 8000 found the cost of going to a carabo game in Manchester easy enough to afford

10 hours ago, Lew-T said:

£36 is scandalous for second tier football. There has to be cap on it in the future, as it simply cannot continue.

Thought I imagined Premier League clubs were going to put a £30 cap on all games? Not sure if I’ve made that up mind.

Thought they had gone ten quid better, £20’s Plenty? And some get free or subsidised travel. Stoke fans have continued to get free travel to away games after relegation. A Preston friend in the past has paid £8 difference to come to Bristol on her official coaches than we did to get to Preston too. These costs add up over the season. I think CATS to Boro was £42, not a cheap day out is it, but no doubt the win eases the pain, sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

I understand the sentiment of a cap for Championship games when the MPL (miss-match) Premier League caps fans prices at £25. 

Is a tenner extra worth paying for what 'could be' the most important league game of the season. 8000 found the cost of going to a carabo game in Manchester easy enough to afford

Weren’t the match tickets for that game quite reasonably priced, certainly not £36?

14 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

People will find the money to go to one off games, it's when every away day now costs well over 50 quid for one that things become more difficult

16 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It will cost a non ST holder or a non member £33 for Wigan at home on Saturday, so I don’t think we are in any position to moan at Wednesday. All ticket prices are too expensive, end of. 

Exactly sign of the times it's all a buisness and unfortunately for the love of the game and our chosen teams we pay for it. You only have to look at the latest agent fees we paid over the last few years to see where it's all heading. 

On 02/04/2019 at 12:31, BessexRED said:

We had 4,600 up there in 2004 for a league game so it depends on the size of the game.

I was there, that winning run leading into the game and then the last minute conceded goal to lose 1 nil. Header from a corner I recall.

1 hour ago, MattWSM said:

I was there, that winning run leading into the game and then the last minute conceded goal to lose 1 nil. Header from a corner I recall.

Long throw

As has been stated, stupid pricing by us, sadly we charge our own the same and even more on the sides.

Re price capping, it's great in theory but unlike the PL clubs we don't get the huge TV monies they do, at this level clubs rely on gate monies, I doubt it's even a drop in the ocean to most in the top flight. We then have to battle clubs with huge parachute payments so how do we get monies in to compete? we milk the fans.

Let's be honest though, if you're doing an away day then a few quid on the ticket, unless you're a principled bugger, matters little, you know you're stumping up north of a ton for this game if you use the train etc really without even setting off. How can we fly to Spain cheaper than it costs to get a Virgin train 180 miles, it's all bollocks.

Archived