IGNORED

The run in (Merged)

BessexRED

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Said 73 points a few weeks ago, and I'm gonna stick to it....lots of games for most teans against each other meaning dropped points somewhere.

Well Derby only have to play 2 top half teams, 6 bottom half.

Boro 2 top half, 5 bottom half.

City play 5 top half, 3 bottom half.

20 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

I find City under LJ impossible to predict

Anything is possible from all wins to all losses and anything in between 

Exactly this, nobody predicted our utterly dismal run after losing to Norwich. Then nobody would have thought we would go and get 6 points from Sheff.U & M'Boro.

Anything could happen between now and end of the season, Wigan home will perhaps be an indicator. If it's back to the woeful performances like against Brum & Ipswich then the last two results will be a false dawn. If we can actually get our act together against a lower side at home and get a convincing win, then who knows ?

47 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

This is City...

We won't beat Wigan.

I think there's a good chance we'll drop points against either Wigan or Reading, on the evidence of similar games this season! I reckon for Saturday though, confidence and momentum will see us through.

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How quickly our former heroes are dismissed....that wording suggests you’ve always thought he was ‘rubbish’ - really?!

Rubbish is a very strong word but Flint has only ever been a lower half championship centre back, the Boro fans are tearing him apart (not for the first time) on their forum. 

Without the goals (1 this season apparently) he would struggle to get into most championship sides

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Flint is a top bloke . When there were ‘ handbags ‘ he lead away Pack and the City lads to save them getting punished by the ref. 

I’m sure he enjoys his football less these days even if his wages are a comfort.

When Hunt wanted a towel and Saville got involved? Yep. Flint at his best.

See him flicking Fammy in the face?

Still don’t get the love in with him. Gives his all and might be a good bloke. Webster is a far better footballer. And he got me another winner with Paddy Power ?

32 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How quickly our former heroes are dismissed....that wording suggests you’ve always thought he was ‘rubbish’ - really?!

Yep. Ok perhaps rubbish is strong.

How about poor? Or not good enough?

Former hero? Not words I’d use to describe. Or any of the others who moved on either.

Give me Webster any day of the week ?

34 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I cant see us beating Villa, WBA, Derby, Millwall or Hull. Would take 3 points from those 5. Obviously if that isn't the case and we beat Wigan, Villa or WBA and Derby we've basically nailed anywhere from 4th-6th depending on other games

Some couldn’t see us beating Sheffield United or Boro........

23 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Have us down for 15 points (very optimistic but possible). Should be enough for 5th or 6th depending on how villa play (they have norwich, us and leeds to play)

image.png.ea428a6abd8953117d6b10a250d1ed3b.png

Good shout Moonwalker, pretty much concur with all of your predictions there.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Flint is a top bloke . When there were ‘ handbags ‘ he lead away Pack and the City lads to save them getting punished by the ref. 

I’m sure he enjoys his football less these days even if his wages are a comfort.

Yep, Flint is a top bloke, a very likeable guy but a very limited CB who has done remarkably well given his limited skill set.

8 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

When Hunt wanted a towel and Saville got involved? Yep. Flint at his best.

See him flicking Fammy in the face?

Still don’t get the love in with him. Gives his all and might be a good bloke. Webster is a far better footballer. And he got me another winner with Paddy Power ?

I agree that Webster is a far better footballer.

I recall Flint started off slowly at City , may be the Boro fans should get behind him , show him some love and he’ll come good . 

Hopefully not until this campaign is over though . 

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Some of us didn’t think that it was a forgone conclusion that City would lose both games.............:cool2:

Tell me fellow Flint thinker. You and me seem to be confident of an exciting end to the season.

I’m sticking with unbeaten run in and Top Two.

I like to hedge my bets and I’m thinking play off final. Thought crossed my mind you might drive the mini-bus. ?

What do you think? You can be Butler. I’ll be Blakey ??

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Yep. Ok perhaps rubbish is strong.

How about poor?

So you think Flint was a ‘poor’ player - fair enough, that’s your opinion. I agree with @billywedlock on this.....I just don’t get the sudden sniping about Flint....the guy was a warrior who put his body on the line for our club time and time again. He played nearly 250 games and scored nearly 40 goals - from centre back....he also played well over 100 consecutive games....superb record for a centre back to not miss a game in all that time....I don’t think he was ‘poor’ or ‘rubbish’ at all....lots who used to wax lyrical about Flinty have suddenly seemed to turn on him when all he did was take a better deal after being a very committed servant to our club....

3 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Tell me fellow Flint thinker. You and me seem to be confident of an exciting end to the season.

I’m sticking with unbeaten run in and Top Two.

I like to hedge my bets and I’m thinking play off final. Thought crossed my mind you might drive the mini-bus. ?

What do you think? You can be Butler. I’ll be Blakey ??

Firstly there’s a 14 point gap between City and top two........Secondly I wouldn’t drive a mini bus to Wembley should City get there. I’d want a few beers..........

All the Flint knocking is ridiculous. He was a legend I think for City. He always gave everything on the pitch which is something you can rarely say about modern players. 

It is certainly true that it looks like selling him was great business and suited him too - one last big contract as I think he legs will go soon. Webster is a definite upgrade but to dismiss Flint is plain wrong. He is a big part of our recent history 

53 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you think Flint was a ‘poor’ player - fair enough, that’s your opinion. I agree with @billywedlock on this.....I just don’t get the sudden sniping about Flint....the guy was a warrior who put his body on the line for our club time and time again. He played nearly 250 games and scored nearly 40 goals - from centre back....he also played well over 100 consecutive games....superb record for a centre back to not miss a game in all that time....I don’t think he was ‘poor’ or ‘rubbish’ at all....lots who used to wax lyrical about Flinty have suddenly seemed to turn on him when all he did was take a better deal after being a very committed servant to our club....

I’ve not got a problem with him wanting to move or get a better deal. All for that. 

Nothing to do with my view of him as a footballer. Right time and right place and he fitted in well.

What I’m saying is that I don’t think he was as good as some say. Being a warrior and putting himself on the line doesn’t in my book make him a legend or a good footballer.

Give me our current CBs any day of the week.

Same as Hörður I guess. I thought for us he truly was poor far more times than he was good.

What about him? Genuinely interested.

And as an aside when I was wandering round the docks last night I noticed a few horses tied up eating out of Ad Blue buckets that had been cut in half.

One looked like Flinty. I called out his name and I’d swear he looked up ?

Anyway 3 points Saturday and Top Two to look forward to. 

Found it (and updated)

106 - Highest Champions Points Total

93 - Average Needed for Champions Highest 2nd Place Points Total
89 - Highest 3rd Place Points Total
87 - Average Needed For 2nd
81 - Lowest Champions Points Total...Norwich(39)
79 - Lowest 2nd Place Total
78 - Highest 7th Place Points Total-
76....Leeds(39)
74 - Average Needed for Play-Offs-....Sheffield United(39)
70....West Brom(39)
68 - Lowest Play-off Position Total
62 - Average Needed for Top Half
61....Bristol City(38)
60....Villa(39)
59....Derby(38)
58....Middlesbrough(39)
57....Preston(39)....Forest(39)
56....Sheffield Wednesday(39)
54 - Highest Points Still Relegated .......Hull(39)
50....Brentford(39)....Swansea(38)
49 - Average Needed for Survival
48....Stoke(39)
47....Blackburn(39)
44.....QPR(39)
43 - Lowest Points Total Survived.
41....Birmingham(39)
40....Wigan(39).....Reading(39)
37....Millwall(38)
36....Rotherham(39)
32....Bolton(39)
24....Ipswich(39)

Key:
Blue - Champions
Green - 2nd Place
Purple - Playoffs
Orange - Top Half
Red - Relegation

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Flint and Saville had a lot to argue about late on. They were mouthing off at each other for 2/3 mins. A snippet of discontent within the camp? 

11 minutes ago, Pound Lane Red said:

Flint and Saville had a lot to argue about late on. They were mouthing off at each other for 2/3 mins. A snippet of discontent within the camp? 

Wasn’t that towards the end? Or was that when the Legend was passing on his advice to someone else?

I think I was able to lip read Aden say do as I say not do as I do from where I was sitting.... 

?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Pound Lane Red said:

Flint was always the same with us, shouting at someone. He seemed good at making it someone else's fault all the time

I think this City resurgence serves as a cautionary tale not to write off Boro for the playoff shake up. 

I reckon they will drop points again away at Swansea, but they do have a decent set of fixtures in the run in and could arguably still reach 72-74 points.

Lets not forget they had a fair amount of pressure last night and big chances. 

• Admin
7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Such a "top bloke" that him standing on Weimann off the ball, got him subbed off injured and who knows out for how long?

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Rubbish is a very strong word but Flint has only ever been a lower half championship centre back, the Boro fans are tearing him apart (not for the first time) on their forum. 

Without the goals (1 this season apparently) he would struggle to get into most championship sides

A lot of his game was about dominating in both boxes, scoring once 1 'Boro this season (back in August) and that is a big part of his game gone

The reason he took time to settle with us was he was stepping up a level, he's not done that with 'Boro, I guess it is simple one of those moves that doesn't quite pay off

Of the three that left last summer for so say better things, apart from increased pay packets I would be surprised if any of them are really that much happier about where they are now

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Such a "top bloke" that him standing on Weimann off the ball, got him subbed off injured and who knows out for how long?

A lot of his game was about dominating in both boxes, scoring once 1 'Boro this season (back in August) and that is a big part of his game gone

The reason he took time to settle with us was he was stepping up a level, he's not done that with 'Boro, I guess it is simple one of those moves that doesn't quite pay off

Of the three that left last summer for so say better things, apart from increased pay packets I would be surprised if any of them are really that much happier about where they are now

Happiness isn’t everything in life .

:yes:

4 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I’ve not got a problem with him wanting to move or get a better deal. All for that. 

Nothing to do with my view of him as a footballer. Right time and right place and he fitted in well.

What I’m saying is that I don’t think he was as good as some say. Being a warrior and putting himself on the line doesn’t in my book make him a legend or a good footballer.

Give me our current CBs any day of the week.

Same as Hörður I guess. I thought for us he truly was poor far more times than he was good.

What about him? Genuinely interested.

And as an aside when I was wandering round the docks last night I noticed a few horses tied up eating out of Ad Blue buckets that had been cut in half.

One looked like Flinty. I called out his name and I’d swear he looked up ?

Anyway 3 points Saturday and Top Two to look forward to. 

I didn’t refer to Flint as a ‘legend’ and I wasn’t comparing him to any other footballer...I just didn’t agree with your descriptions of him as ‘rubbish’ and ‘poor’....

6 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I disagree. He was not without his faults, most CB’s in the Champ have defects. But lower half? Initially upon promotion - maybe. But he got better and better. Not perfect but a I would say he was up there with a bracket of CBs who would get into mist top half sides. 

His goals gave him added status here, but let’s not forget a brilliant defensive performance v Brighton away (1-0 Brownhill) late on in 16/17. 

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m more aligned to this view. 

4 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

All the Flint knocking is ridiculous. He was a legend I think for City. He always gave everything on the pitch which is something you can rarely say about modern players. 

It is certainly true that it looks like selling him was great business and suited him too - one last big contract as I think he legs will go soon. Webster is a definite upgrade but to dismiss Flint is plain wrong. He is a big part of our recent history 

Agree. 

Its fine to have a bit of a laugh at his / Boro’s expense, but I think the vast majority look back at his time here fondly, especially after his shaky start here. A typical late to the pro game player making the best of his ability and striving to play at the best level. It doesn’t look likely that Boro will get him to the Prem this season like he wanted but I don’t blame him for thinking they were a better bet than us in August, nor maximising his earnings in the process. 

Archived