IGNORED

The run in (Merged)

BessexRED

11 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

@Major Isewater no way. That football game. We had that too!

Didn’t it have Bobby Charlton’s name on it? And you twiddled your knob to make the players swivel and that made them flick the marble? I’m looking on eBay next.....

And don’t call me old fruit. That’s unnecessary ?

A sneaky 1-0 today. As MLK said I had a dream last night. Bit like the last one with the Tattoed Colussus (excuse spelling - spill chick doesn’t recognise Coluossis) scoring a last minute OG.......

This time it’ll be that little Tyke Powell. In front of us. How we’ll scream....

Anyway 3 more points and a step closer to the Top Two and Moses leading us to the promised land ?

15 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

@Major Isewater no way. That football game. We had that too!

Didn’t it have Bobby Charlton’s name on it? And you twiddled your knob to make the players swivel and that made them flick the marble? I’m looking on eBay next.....

And don’t call me old fruit. That’s unnecessary ?

A sneaky 1-0 today. As MLK said I had a dream last night. Bit like the last one with the Tattoed Colussus (excuse spelling - spill chick doesn’t recognise Coluossis) scoring a last minute OG.......

This time it’ll be that little Tyke Powell. In front of us. How we’ll scream....

Anyway 3 more points and a step closer to the Top Two and Moses leading us to the promised land ?

The game you had was Casdon soccer, with twiddly white circular knobs which turned the players to ‘ kick ‘ ( they had sort of extensions to their feet ) 

My game the players were fixed apart from their kicking leg which was controlled by a cable and a spring . Each player was set in a depressed zone where the ball ( ball bearing ) rolled so it was always in play .

Some of my mates had Casdon Soccer I never ever saw my game anywhere else. 

I preferred mine because it moved the ball much quicker and you could link quick passes together ( I’m sure this is where LJ got the idea ! ).

As for today , We need to shackle Powell ( A Bailey Wright reducer early on should do it ) and give that nasty Garner an Ashton Gate welcome he won’t forget .

I predict a City win but it won’t be easy unless we score in the opening fifteen minutes.

The crowd need to be patient and get behind our heroes.

Six games left, four wins will give us 77 points. If Boro win all their remaining games they'll have 76. Derby could in theory overtake us, if they won their last 6 they'd have 78 but if one of our four wins is against them then they can't catch us. Villa could overtake us but we'd still be 6th. 

24 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Six games left, four wins will give us 77 points. If Boro win all their remaining games they'll have 76. Derby could in theory overtake us, if they won their last 6 they'd have 78 but if one of our four wins is against them then they can't catch us. Villa could overtake us but we'd still be 6th. 

You make it sound so easy.

2 Wins and 2 Draws could well be enough now. Which would be 73 points, that could still get us 6th with remaining form like the below:

Aston Villa - W3 D2 L1 = 74pts

City - W2 D2 L2 = 73pts

--------------------------------------------------------

Derby - W3 D3 L0 = 72pts

Middlesbrough - W3 D2 L0 = 72pts

PNE - W3 D2 L0 = 68pts

Forest - W3 D1 L1 = 67pts

Sheff Wed - W2 D1 L2 = 66pts

Getting a point v Derby would be crucial.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

More importantly would they want to play us?

Whoever finishes 3rd will be gutted at missing out. I think it would be a good season to finish 6th in that sense 

Updated :city:

106 - Highest Champions Points Total

93 - Average Needed for Champions Highest 2nd Place Points Total
89 - Highest 3rd Place Points Total
87 - Average Needed For 2nd
84....Norwich(40)
81 - Lowest Champions Points Total
79 - Lowest 2nd Place Total....Leeds(41)
78 - Highest 7th Place Points Total-
77....Sheffield United(40)
74 - Average Needed for Play-Offs-
70....West Brom(41)
68 - Lowest Play-off Position Total
65....Bristol City(40)
63...Villa(40)
62 - Average Needed for Top Half
61...Middlesbrough(41)
60...Derby(40)
59....Sheffield Wednesday(41)
57....Preston(41),Forest(41)Hull(40)
56.....Swansea(40)
54 - Highest Points Still Relegated .....
51...Brentford(40),Stoke(41)
50....Blackburn(41)
49 - Average Needed for Survival.
47, ,
44.....QPR(40)Birmingham(40)
43 - Lowest Points Total Survived.
41...Wigan(40)
40...Millwall(39),Reading(40)
39......Rotherham(40)
32....Bolton(41)
27...Ipswich(40)

Key:
Blue - Champions
Green - 2nd Place
Purple - Playoffs
Orange - Top Half
Red - Relegation

Quiet afternoon at work - too much thinking time ! 

I reckon another 7 points and we make the playoffs, could possibly be as few as 6.

Win against Reading is crucial but as they are in a relegation battle of their own this could be our toughest match.

Lets hope it doesn't come down to the last game against Hull away ? 

Archived