IGNORED

The run in (Merged)

BessexRED

Towards the end of our winning run I maintained that we'll finish 7th and I'm sticking with that. If we win tonight it certainly makes it interesting. 

Derby have the best fixtures but two away games on the bounce will be a test for them, particularly Brentford.

Villa will make the play-offs.

A draw tonight would still be a useful point. 

The Racing Post publishes a large supplement called  The Big Kick Off every pre season. It's very in depth, with all kinds of predictions, forecasts and suggested bets.  I normally keep it to see if my bets ante post are any closer than theres, and, as they predict every position of every league, it is interesting......so.   They had Forest as champs and Derby runners up.  Norwich 15th just above us at 17th, not so good predicting then.  It gets worse, Southend to win Div 1 and Fulham to finish 12th in Prem. They do get Man City and Liverpool 1st n 2nd and Huddersfield n Cardiff 21st n 22nd...........but thats not exactly coupon busting!!!

28 minutes ago, maxjak said:

The Racing Post publishes a large supplement called  The Big Kick Off every pre season. It's very in depth, with all kinds of predictions, forecasts and suggested bets.  I normally keep it to see if my bets ante post are any closer than theres, and, as they predict every position of every league, it is interesting......so.   They had Forest as champs and Derby runners up.  Norwich 15th just above us at 17th, not so good predicting then.  It gets worse, Southend to win Div 1 and Fulham to finish 12th in Prem. They do get Man City and Liverpool 1st n 2nd and Huddersfield n Cardiff 21st n 22nd...........but thats not exactly coupon busting!!!

Cardiff and Huddersfield must be pretty crap to be finishing so low they don't end up in the prem... 

Looking at Villa's games, they have Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, us and Norwich still to play. Very well could lose all of them. 

Shame we could only get a draw against Ipswich and played terrible against Brum at home. 

At least with the teams coming down this year we could be well amongst it next year

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

This seems perfectly feasible but we could  equally lose to Millwall and beat Villa or any other combination of results.

Statistically , historically, 73 points is not enough to make the play offs is it ? 

If we can reach 73 points Im sure we will be in top six. Think we gonna make it. COYR!!!

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

After beating Sheff Utd with the result of the season, anything is possible, except maybe finishing 2nd!

I'm going to tip us now to finish 5th.  Villa in at 6th, Derby a close 7th.

Bold! Hope you're right.

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Bold! Hope you're right.

Let's hope so.  It didn't seem possible after drawing with Ipswich; for the last two weeks I've been looking at the table, wishing we had banked those 2 points.  But after winning Saturday, we can forget the misery of that lousy home draw and enjoy the thought of good times ahead.

6 minutes ago, chowie said:

8 Games remaining.

Split that into two lots of 4 games.

7 Points from next 4 & 7 Points from last 4 = Playoffs with 75 Points.

Wigan H, WBA H, Vila A, Reading H - W2, D1, L1

Sheff Wed A, Derby H, Millwall A, Hull A - W2, D1, L1

75 will be more than enough in my opinion, 6th and 7th staring slap bang at 71 points, extrapolated.

Beat Wigan and the table will look fantastic

Derby away at Brentford

PNE home to 3rd

Forest away, they dont win away

Sheff Wed v Villa, take a draw lovely jubbly

Boro away to Swansea

Dont see many wins from the chasing pack there

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

75 will be more than enough in my opinion, 6th and 7th staring slap bang at 71 points, extrapolated.

Derby away at Brentford

PNE home to 3rd

Boro away to Swansea

Absolutely, 72 currently looking like it maybe enough. 75 will definitely be enough and probably 5th place, just looks much better now and a chance of 75. COYR’s

20 minutes ago, chowie said:

8 Games remaining.

Both those sets of fixtures look more like W1, D2, L1. Would 71 points be enough?

14 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Derby away at Brentford

PNE home to 3rd

Boro away to Swansea

Agreed. Beating Wigan could make the table very nice to look at.

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just looked at Wigan’s away form . Last 8 away games they’ve picked up 2 points with a  -10 goal difference . 

Exactly the sort of side we struggle against. 

Why I think Saturday will be more of a challenge than tonight. We'll be up against a side who will be happy to sit behind the ball and counter, and when we have to take control of the match, and work off of the front foot, we struggle

1 hour ago, chowie said:

8 Games remaining.

Said 73 points a few weeks ago, and I'm gonna stick to it....lots of games for most teans against each other meaning dropped points somewhere.

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Exactly the sort of side we struggle against. 

Why I think Saturday will be more of a challenge than tonight. We'll be up against a side who will be happy to sit behind the ball and counter, and when we have to take control of the match, and work off of the front foot, we struggle

Don’t disagree . LJ said in his post match presser that he might make lots of changes for Wigan.  Taylor for a start maybe ? His movement might be important , maybe even Semenyo off the bench , elliasson to start as well ? 

Not good seeing Weimann on crutches 

3 great points tonight. 8 games left. 24 points coming our way.

Top two still on.

Flint was Flint. Rubbish. Great at hoofing the ball and man handling his man but apart from that? Rubbish.

Only part of my prediction that was wrong was it wasn’t an OG and it didn’t come off his ass.

?

6 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

3 great points tonight. 8 games left. 24 points coming our way.

Top two still on.

Flint was Flint. Rubbish. Great at hoofing the ball and man handling his man but apart from that? Rubbish.

Only part of my prediction that was wrong was it wasn’t an OG and it didn’t come off his ass.

?

Flint is a top bloke . When there were ‘ handbags ‘ he lead away Pack and the City lads to save them getting punished by the ref. 

I’m sure he enjoys his football less these days even if his wages are a comfort.

8 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Derby away at Brentford

PNE home to 3rd

Boro away to Swansea

This is City...

We won't beat Wigan.

Archived