IGNORED

7 days to shape our season..

BCFC1512

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

But then you lose one of our best defenders at set pieces. Tammy gets a lot of clearances at these.

I agree Fammy has been very good in our own box but I think the way to beat boro is on the ground. Their aerial threat will be a problem that's why I think we should also play BW and LK at the back

2 hours ago, City18 said:

With 7 games left I could see sheff wed and above climbing up to compete to the end. All the teams will drop points between now and the end of the season. If Wednesday beat villa they're only 1 point behind them. I'd say they still have a decent shot if they can keep form going 

just had another look at the table and games left I suppose you could make a case for teams still having a shout, It's ours to throw away now looking at the position we're in.

Talk of a defensive and dysfunctional Middlesbrough are wide of the mark. By all accounts they gave a good account of themselves against high flying Norwich and looking at the stats it would back up an attacking set-up, and that is against a top of the table squad let alone us.
As fans, lets not be too ahead of ourselves tonight against a more than capable Middlesbrough team - a draw would be a great return following the Shef Utd game. Even a narrow loss is not the end of world ...just don't get spanked!

Middlesbrough v Norwich
Possession
Home40%
Away60%
Shots
Home17
Away17
Shots on Target
Home6
Away5

9 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

What a massive week this is now. 3 games imo 0-3 points we’ll drop away and finish 10-12th. 4-6 points and we’re right in the race wit villa and derby still to play! 7-9 points...... DREAMLAND!!

A big week , yes, but at the end of the day 6 wins from 9 and we are in the P/Offs, so not critical

4 hours ago, Super said:

Hoping for much better tonight, we were hopeless and completely outplayed at the Gate.

My recollection was that we had quite a few injuries, in transition a bit still- yes we weren't very good first half especially, whereas Middlesbrough had started the season well but we actually started alright, game was fairly even for a while- then a bad defensive error followed by a good goal essentially settled it!

Yes we had a right go 2nd half, hti woodwork twice late on- I think we were not terribly good but 2-1 rather than 2-0 a fairer reflection.

However yes- we are in a much better place now than we were then, Middlesbrough a worse place and that game Saturday will give the team so much confidence.

We owe Pulis one too! ?

9 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

What a massive week this is now. 3 games imo 0-3 points we’ll drop away and finish 10-12th. 4-6 points and we’re right in the race wit villa and derby still to play! 7-9 points...... DREAMLAND!!

Sounds like a bad Channel 5 documentary 

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If I was to allow myself to get carried away, I'd be wondering if WBA are catchable.

We're 9 points behind, but have a game in hand and still have to play them.

Best case scenario means 3 more points to catch over 7 games.

Calm down young James (patronising tone ?). 

Remember people getting excite about a 6 pointer with Norwich!!!!

This is Bristol City remember!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Calm down young James (patronising tone ?). 

Remember people getting excite about a 6 pointer with Norwich!!!!

This is Bristol City remember!

:laugh:

I did say "If I let myself get carried away"

I'm still resigned to us finishing 7th, some really tough games coming up still.

Still got the Derby game marked down as the one that decides our season.

29 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If I was to allow myself to get carried away, I'd be wondering if WBA are catchable.

We're 9 points behind, but have a game in hand and still have to play them.

Best case scenario means 3 more points to catch over 7 games.

Dont start, you´ll be looking at Sheff Utd and Leeds next

Archived