IGNORED

Middlesbrough v Bristol City "Official" Matchday Thread

elhombrecito

For once, it's nice to see some pre-game statistics that are actually positive for us. (well, aside from P**** record against us... :crying:)

• Losers by a single-goal margin in each of their last three home matches, Middlesbrough entertain Bristol City on the back of their joint-worst losing streak since March 2013. That run has seen Boro drop out of the top-six, and it is given further gravity by the fact that they have failed to score more than a single goal in any of their last five matches.
  • Though Boro still - statistically - have the Championship’s best defence, with just 0.84 goals conceded per match, only Birmingham (with five straight defeats) are in worse fettle than Middlesbrough in the five-game form table (D1, L4).
  • After a handsome 3-2 victory from behind against then-second Sheffield United at the weekend, Bristol City are in an inspired state of mind. Expectations of fine margins and a quiet start are underlined by the fact that more than half of Bristol’s away league matches this term have been level at the break (61.11%) with 44.4% of those games goalless at half-time.
  • Despite Bristol’s record of: W3, D1, L1, from their last five visits to the Riverside, Lee Johnson has seen his side concede two or more goals in three of his last four managerial clashes with the Boro (W1, L3).
  • Players to watch: Ashley Fletcher has scored Middlesbrough’s only two goals in 508 minutes of league football. Both were first-half opening goals at home.
  • Andreas Weimann earned all the plaudits in Bristol’s last away match, after scoring his first career hat-trick at the ripe age of 27.
  • Stat attack: Only 34.62% of Bristol’s away league goals have come before the break.
  • Middlesbrough manager Tony Pulis is unbeaten in his last five H2Hs with Bristol (W4, D1).
  • Bristol City have scored first in six of the last seven H2H encounters.

boro.png

city.png

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Like the use of 'Bristol' and 'Bristol City' with this fella. Really seems that pundits use the former knowing every e knows there really is only OTiB. Don't live in Bristol but how do Gas feel about this?

I suspect that, these days, the only reason that neutrals feel the need to specify us as “Bristol CITY” is so that people don’t think they are talking about Rugby. 

I think there is a way to win this...

Snap at Boro's ankles

Disrupt any rhythm 

Counter at pace

Boro fans will be edgy. Use the above to dampen the atmosphere.

Force errors and ramp up the pressure as their confidence wanes.

Nick a goal. 

Don't drop too deep to defend lead.

Win game (please).

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I suspect that, these days, the only reason that neutrals feel the need to specify us as “Bristol CITY” is so that people don’t think they are talking about Rugby. 

Didn't even realise Bristol had a rugby team ?

37 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Dislike stats like this as far as we are concerned, much prefer the Shef U one actually whereby we mostly upset the form book.

Be happy with a draw, delighted with a win, and no real damage with a loss, as long as we beat Wigan. 

Interesting viewpoint. Tonight is surely a bigger game on the 6 pointer scale.

Avoiding defeat would be decent.

43 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Dislike stats like this as far as we are concerned, much prefer the Shef U one actually whereby we mostly upset the form book.

Be happy with a draw, delighted with a win, and no real damage with a loss, as long as we beat Wigan. 

Think a loss would be fairly damaging tbh.

Definitely a must not lose game, potentially a must win but losing would be a big blow.

Incidentally, talk about symmetries!?

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-championship/06-april-2018/

The points and one or two of the sides are slightly different, or differently ordered but 7th v 8th, a point off 6th...year ago today as it happens.

• The title was changed to Middlesbrough v Bristol City "Official" Matchday Thread

Looking at their forum, they sound like us with their hopes (and thoughts about Pulis)"! https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=9206

Yes, it's not a series of elaborate April Fools' pranks, we really do have another match tomorrow, it really is another home game, and we really do still have Tony Pulis as manager.  
Is this the day we turn things around and make a return to winning ways and a playoff spot, or will Tony continue to make April Fools out of the lot of us?

The game is not even on the red button tomorrow which is foolish!  Tomorrow night's game result will determine I believe where Boro will finish at the end of the season. 
Absolutely a must win game which will ensure our foolish home form continues. And yes I do think that Boro fans have been taken for fools. 
Someone said that it was a fools game, but who was it and was it football they were referring to?

Bristol are another team that like to have a go. Plus their peckers will be up after coming back against sheff Utd. Plus they’ll have looked at our form and be rubbing their mits together. Plus we’re ***. I’ll go 0-2 and it’ll be assombalonga’s fault for letting George friend get isolated and shown up for the knackered old cart horse he has become.

7 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

They've got plenty of stock to clear by the end of the season :laugh:

Seriously though, very nice gesture.

Getting chauffeured up and get a shirt. 

Working my own way up to the absolutely dump that is Teeside? 

I hope my personal account manager is outside the ground as I arrive to give me - at least - some chips.  

Ps it is horrible here. 

Archived