IGNORED

Max O'LEARY - what a performance

bristolcitysweden

So keen to play quickly, with central defenders like Webster and Kalas that'll always be a good weapon. 

Sometimes needs to just play safe and now when to alleviate some pressure.

Biggest thing that's impressed me is his ability to throw to people in space centrally. Started numerous counters yesterday and Saturday from excellent throws.

40 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

So keen to play quickly, with central defenders like Webster and Kalas that'll always be a good weapon. 

Sometimes needs to just play safe and now when to alleviate some pressure.

Biggest thing that's impressed me is his ability to throw to people in space centrally. Started numerous counters yesterday and Saturday from excellent throws.

That is what u23 football and lower league loans can do to you...not in a bad way...just doesn’t prepare you for the speed of the Championship player and / or the speed of thought of the Championship player.

If we go back to Brentford away or Hull at home, Max had moments where he was closed down quicker (Brentford) than he will have ever experienced on loan or u23 and also playing what feels like a safe pass was almost disastrous (Hull), because the opponents conned in into thinking he was interested in getting back in position.

Marinovic has played at a World Cup, but he wasn’t prepared either.

Max’s judgement will improve through age and experience.

I think Max remains mainly "one for the future" but I am competely comfortable with him having the gloves now (and feel he should not have lost them at the start of the season as he did little wrong and we were on a good run I think). In saying that, he has not actually looked that convincing to me in the last few games and we/he have had lady luck on our side at times.

Given the choice it would be back to Niki when he is back fit and for next season, but I think Frankie can be allowed to be released with his head held high for all he is done for our club, when the time comes with Max acting as an able understudy to Niki.

3 hours ago, brady bunch said:

I think Max remains mainly "one for the future" but I am competely comfortable with him having the gloves now (and feel he should not have lost them at the start of the season as he did little wrong and we were on a good run I think). In saying that, he has not actually looked that convincing to me in the last few games and we/he have had lady luck on our side at times.

Given the choice it would be back to Niki when he is back fit and for next season, but I think Frankie can be allowed to be released with his head held high for all he is done for our club, when the time comes with Max acting as an able understudy to Niki.

Don't agree brother. He has looked assured and convincing.

Max should have been given more starts earlier in the season. IMO he has more to offer than Niki

Wow! another Brady city fan.... nice to meet online, even if its with slightly opposing views. Although I agree with you that he should not have lost his place early in the season as he had performed well then.

Glad its maybe just me watching the game via the overseas feed and getting jumpy myself as the ball goes towards our box each time...

Personally think Max has done very well in every first team game he’s played and he certainly performed really well against Boro, despite this I remain mystified as to why there weren’t lots more goals on Tuesday night! 

Anybody know what the latest is on Nikki?

3 hours ago, Kevin Brady said:

Don't agree brother. He has looked assured and convincing.

Max should have been given more starts earlier in the season. IMO he has more to offer than Niki

Blimey....we just don’t agree on anything do we! ?

Niki (for me) is just behind Webster and Kalas as my POTY’s pushing Brownhill into 4th place.

Max has shown he is an adequate replacement, and is one to let develop.  He doesn’t offer more than Niki at this point imho, but would be great to think he could be better.

Archived