IGNORED

We can't compete with Middlesbrough

I think the vast majority of the credit for this season's showing (so far!) has to go to the head coach, not the owner.

He lost his best three players and was not given the same resources to replace them. That point is indisputable. But the job he's done (so far!) has been just magnificent - and beyond realistic expectation.

I think my hopes were this season to be comfortably mid table, hopefully competitive and playing some nice stuff.

Last year mid table was 60 points, so it’s all bonus from here. Just hope we can keep a fit squad with eight games to play in a month.

6 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

....or Forest.

That was the cry back in August. On otib.

All the while, Steve Lansdown was insisting that we "get in the top six" .... "and vie for promotion" ..... "at the end of the season."

Well, we are certainly vie-ing now

We can’t in terms of transfer fees, it was true in August and still is true now,

which is why we iproved our facilities invested in youth and slowly built the squad,

i don’t think promotion is a priority this season, but next season we’ll want to be challenging for automatic

28 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I think the vast majority of the credit for this season's showing (so far!) has to go to the head coach, not the owner.

He lost his best three players and was not given the same resources to replace them. That point is indisputable. But the job he's done (so far!) has been just magnificent - and beyond realistic expectation.

You don’t know if the proceeds from the 3 sales were not given to the HC. They probably weren’t but you don’t know that.

31 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

....or Forest.

All the while, Steve Lansdown was insisting that we "get in the top six" .... "and vie for promotion" ..... "at the end of the season."

Thanks to Vie-mann (and a fantastic squad)

27 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Lost his three best players? Perhaps. But.  In the hypothetical world would you swap Webster for Flint ? Desilva or Kelly for Bryant ?   Nnnaahhhhh

37 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

....or Forest.

Just highlights how limited some posters knee jerk reactions are to the slightest thing City related. Very few actually understand what’s goung on with the wider picture.

LJ has done very well and many acknowledge this. But regardless of how we are doing our fans and even other clubs fans cannot stand him! 

I'm sure this would change if we made the playoffs but even if we just miss out, IMO we have made a bloody good go against some clubs spend way more than us!

Tbf I’m more than sure that the ‘compete’ was more to do with financial terms, we probably can’t with half the clubs in this league, which when you look at it, it makes the job LJ has done so far this season even more remarkable, long may it continue.

52 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Well said... In addition to losing the big three , we were also without Fam for the first 6 games, Bailey for about half the season and Korey for pretty much all of it to date...

23 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Tbf I’m more than sure that the ‘compete’ was more to do with financial terms, we probably can’t with half the clubs in this league, which when you look at it, it makes the job LJ has done so far this season even more remarkable, long may it continue.

I’ve been saying that for most of this season. 

Regardless of where City finish, LJ will have done a terrific job essentially with one hand tied behind his back. 

55 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Im still not ljs biggest fan due to the streaks of losing runs, but ive said all along that this year hes been let down on recruitment of a top forward. Being in 5th place with this squad at this point is remarkable!

Yet you’re still not an LJ fan..?! 

30 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Well said... In addition to losing the big three , we were also without Fam for the first 6 games, Bailey for about half the season and Korey for pretty much all of it to date...

Or a first choice goalkeeper for the last 10?? Games

1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

Great millenial post!

We are about the sum of the parts.  We have good players, but no magic spark player (possibly Palmer, possibly Paterson).  Our players need to be at or near the top of their game.

We have often bemoaned teams like Preston and Brentford (for different reasons) as over-achieving, punching above their weight, and that we should be doing as well, if not better than them.  This season, we have become that sort of side, especially away from home.

Johnson has been a bit cavalier at times, and maybe that’s why he will have streaks.  Maybe we have to accept it.

1 hour ago, simon uk said:

Im still not ljs biggest fan due to the streaks of losing runs, but ive said all along that this year hes been let down on recruitment of a top forward. Being in 5th place with this squad at this point is remarkable!

Agreed should have been backed with top doller to bring that extra bit of class upfront in 

1 hour ago, simon uk said:

So where do we need to be for you to fully support Lee Johnson?

1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th?

Archived