IGNORED

We can't compete with Middlesbrough

Just now, Robbored said:

Yeah we were but this is a different and stronger team. No reason to assume City will implode again.

no reason to assume we'll go on a massive unbeaten run ether, both are just a likely,

We've still got to play Villa (in form) West Brom (in form) Derby (finding form)  Wednesday (going well at the moment), as well as Wigan, Reading, Milwall all fighting for their lives

We've a much harder run then this time last season,

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no reason to assume we'll go on a massive unbeaten run ether, both are just a likely,

We've still got to play Villa (in form) West Brom (in form) Derby (finding form)  Wednesday (going well at the moment), as well as Wigan, Reading, Milwall all fighting for their lives

City had an amazing cup run last season but it that had a negative effect on the Championship form.

We don’t have that this time around. Add to that the fact that LJ, his assistants and all the players have another season on Championship experience which helps tremendously. Plus LJ has instilled his particular method of play and the entire squad know how to implement it. He gets pissy if he sees them not doing it.

Plus.....Kalas and Webster are two top CBs and they and the other defenders are now the third best in the league.

Its a very different set of factors this time around.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

City had an amazing cup run last season but it that had a negative effect on the Championship form.

We don’t have that this time around. Add to that the fact that LJ, his assistants and all the players have another season on Championship experience which helps tremendously. Plus LJ has instilled his particular method of play and the entire squad know how to implement it. He gets pissy if he sees them not doing it.

Plus.....Kalas and Webster are two top CBs and they and the other defenders are now the third best in the league.

Its a very different set of factors this time around.

different factors maybe, but the way this league I wouldn't assume we'd go on a run,

People should stay grounded

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Last year we had a great cup run, which ended on 23rd January.

This year we've had a great cup run, which ended on 17th February.

So, not entirely sure why last year's cup run would have had more of an affect on us?

3 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

So, not entirely sure why last year's cup run would have had more of an affect on us?

Because it was involved both Manchester clubs.......both high profile international clubs with a huge fan base. 

Every single City player would have desperate to play against them. The added pressure and exhausting matches took its toll.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

So just the one easy game left then, away to Hull last game of the season ?.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Corrected now......

Italian isn’t my first language..........:cool2:

Actually I owe you a semi apology.  Che sara sara is Italian for "what will be will be", although the song and so what we sing when we are on our way to Wemberley, uses the Spanish version.

15 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Actually I owe you a semi apology.  Che sara sara is Italian for "what will be will be", although the song and so what we sing when we are on our way to Wemberley, uses the Spanish version.

I knew you were wrong Drew but didn’t feel it necessary to point out your mistake.............:cool2:

My mum used to sing the Doris Day version of the song to me when I was a small boy.

12 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

It's not entirely grammatically correct in Spanish either, but it's close enough! 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We couldn’t even plummet correctly.

We only need to look across the City to see how plummeting should be done properly.

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Corrected now......

Italian isn’t my first language..........:cool2:

49 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Or even Spanish.......................

?

Spitalian?

3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Because some fans fail to acknowledge what a good job he's done even now just because they have a vendetta against him.

Simple point I was trying to make.

Do we need to use the word vendetta? If someone doesn't like LJ or his tactics, why's that any more a vendetta than accusing someone who likes him of being an a*se-licker. 

Why's there so much melodrama over opinions? 

8 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Does winning two games (against a team that will finish rock bottom of the premier league and another which is in absolute turmoil) count as a ‘great cup run’ ?!

On 03/04/2019 at 07:37, Moments of Pleasure said:

My point is not about "credit" and where it is due, it is about "expectation." 

For us, competing with parachute payment clubs and one day winning promotion from this division is our "Everest," our sub four minute mile. All require going beyond what might "realistically" be expected, or asked for. 

I believe that our head coach is not wanting for unrealistic expectations himself; you've got to have a dream....

This all Lee is very true.

On 04/04/2019 at 13:53, Drew Peacock said:

Actually I owe you a semi apology.  Che sara sara is Italian (Certainly not Spanish?) for "what will be will be", although the song and so what we sing when we are on our way to Wemberley, uses the Spanish version.

On 04/04/2019 at 14:06, elhombrecito said:

It's not entirely grammatically correct in Spanish either, but it's close enough! 

Although, interestingly, a Puerto Rican (Spanish speaking?) singer/guitarist, he of 'One Ton of Melons' fame, sang the wonderful song (Che Sara, Che Sara, Che Sara) in Italian many years ago - not the same song, I know! 

And, Yes, I also know it was later sung as Que Sera, but the original version was wonderful - as was the later French version, sung by the late Mike Brant.

Archived