IGNORED

Saturday

daored

On the back of two fantastic results away from home, Wigan await us on Saturday. We simply have to win this game with West Brom and Villa following.

Johnson is likely to have to make changes, for me if there is any doubt about Weimann and Smith we simply do not risk them, which will be difficult as Pack is suspended ?

I think we’ll stick with the 3 at the back as suspect Wigan will dig in and put bodies behind the ball.

3-4-1-2 for me, bring in Morrell for Pack. Taylor for Didehiou and Paterson to play a more advanced role 

O’Leary 

Webster Kalas Wright

Hunt Morrell Brownhill Da Silva 

Paterson or Palmer

Taylor Didehiou

4 minutes ago, daored said:

On the back of two fantastic results away from home, Wigan await us on Saturday. We simply have to win this game with West Brom and Villa following.

Johnson is likely to have to make changes, for me if there is any doubt about Weimann and Smith we simply do not risk them, which will be difficult as Pack is suspended ?

I think we’ll stick with the 3 at the back as suspect Wigan will dig in and put bodies behind the ball.

3-4-1-2 for me, bring in Morrell for Pack. Taylor for Didehiou and Paterson to play a more advanced role 

O’Leary 

Webster Kalas Wright

Paterson or Palmer

Taylor Didehiou

At present, I’m happy to leave team selection to the Head Coach!

1 minute ago, East End Old Boy said:

Come on EEOB, since when has a head coach/manager known more about picking the team than a genuine City fan? Inconceivable!

8 minutes ago, daored said:

O’Leary 

Webster Kalas Wright

Paterson or Palmer

Taylor Didehiou

So you want to ‘bring Taylor in for Didehiou’ to play alongside the other ‘Didehiou’ ?! 

7 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

4 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Come on EEOB, since when has a head coach/manager known more about picking the team than a genuine City fan? Inconceivable!

Clearly misunderstood the point of a forum as being somewhere to debate / discussion.

Just need to remind myself and anyone else who is interested that we are Bristol City so a home game against Wigan, following two brilliant away wins, is not going to be a straightforward affair. I really am not being pessimistic just realistic.  

4 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Just need to remind myself and anyone else who is interested that we are Bristol City so a home game against Wigan, following two brilliant away wins, is not going to be a straightforward affair. I really am not being pessimistic just realistic.  

That’s the point of why I posted the thread, Wigan will come and sit back play for a draw and try and win late on. The emphasis will be on us to break them down and I’m sure there’ll be an expectation we’ll win comfortably from a section of our fan base.

Add in Weimann and Smith both went off injured (the later who has just come back from a long term lay off) we’ll likely to have to make changes. 

@BS4 on Tour... Taylor for Weimann if any doubt about his injury.

@INCRED good news if Pack isn’t suspended 

26 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Don’t think so as cut off date for 10 bookings has passed so it’s wiped now

Has it? I watched United game last night and Shaw got his 10th and it said he misses the next 2 games.

Will need fresh legs and an early goal. Are system seems to based around possession and Famara as our target man. Back to 4 with FBs pushing. Who plays around Fam? Weimann if fit and would imagine Pato. I would like to see Palmer in if we cant break them down  -and Taylor. 

For the first time, the 2018-19 season will also see the introduction of competition specific suspensions for yellow cards in the following competitions:

• Premier League
  • EFL
  • National League
  • Emirates FA Cup
  • EFL Cup
  • Buildbase FA Trophy

Therefore, the cut-off dates for receiving a sanction as a result of accumulating cautions in league matches only are:

Number of cautions  Cut-off date [inclusive]
 Five [Premier League]  Following 19 league fixtures
 Five [EFL]  Following 19 league fixtures
 Five [National League]  Following 23 league fixtures
 10 [Premier League  Following 32 league fixtures 
 10 [EFL]  Following 37 league fixtures
 10 [National League]  Following 37 league fixtures
 15 [All leagues]

*End of the season**

Pack Should be ok.....

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Less games in the prem maybe a factor 

You are right just found this think he is ok

10 Bookings Premier League Following 32 League Fixtures 2 Matches
10 Bookings English Football League/National League Following 37 League Fixtures 2 Matches

Re Pack - while the cut off point has now passed and he wouldn't be suspended for a 10th yellow anymore, as far as I can see last night was only his 9th yellow in the league anyway so the cut off doesn't matter. As of this season, yellow cards are counted separately for each competition, so his booking against Bolton in the cup doesn't count towards it. He'll play on Saturday

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

He would of if the cut off had already passed 

Yeah fair play, you're right - he did get booked vs Sheff Utd so maybe the cut off was before that game!

He's just had 2 in 2 games since the cut off so if he gets booked 3 more times in the next 8 games he'll get a 2 game ban!

Lets hope he doesn't miss the play offs eh?

2 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Yeah fair play, you're right - he did get booked vs Sheff Utd so maybe the cut off was before that game!

He's just had 2 in 2 games since the cut off so if he gets booked 3 more times in the next 8 games he'll get a 2 game ban!

Lets hope he doesn't miss the play offs eh?

As I mentioned above just before your post, he's only on 9 league bookings this season including those 2 from Sheff U and Boro, he'd need another 6 from 8 to get a ban. He'll be fine for the rest of the season

Well you got to hope and expect that the players will be up for this now, it’s in their hands once again. Wigan will be no mugs though as they aren’t safe yet. The players should be confident, but hopefull not overly so, this is no walk in the park. It will either be a tight game or our once a season thrashing of someone.?

2 hours ago, daored said:

O’Leary 

Webster Kalas Wright

Paterson or Palmer

Taylor Didehiou

Are you sure Pack is suspended, heard somewhere after 37 games start again from scratch with bookings.

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He did say last night he might make quite a few changes 

It’s entirely possible he’ll make changes that won’t weaken us and have a slightly different setup - eg Eliasson could come in, quite likely if we want to attack more against a weaker team.

Archived