IGNORED

Saturday

daored

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I have every right, in the event of the score being 0:1 at half-time, or 0:0 on 77 minutes, or in the case of either and Marlon Pack misplacing a simple pass, or Bailey Wright looking less comfortable on the ball than Webster, having paid £xxxx for the seat I shall be sat in looking at my phone, to let Marlon Pack know how lucky he is to be earning £xxxx a week, or Bailey Wright that he is not bloody earning it. The Aussie ****

The fact that we are 5th, in the Championship, in April, witnessing one of the better seasons in our history, clearly are interested in getting to the Prem/play offs at least, and obviously have learned some things from previous mistakes and cock ups, doesn't come into it: I've paid to watch the rubbish we will serve up Saturday should we not be winning at any point beyond about 23 minutes, and I will have my say/boo the useless ***** if I want to.

Ok?

Good.

And "booo! " for Saturday 

Marlon Pack suspended?

11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Marlon Pack suspended?

Nope, for confirmation, see @TETBURY MASSIVE‘s post on page 1.

Pack got his 9th LEAGUE booking on Saturday, which was the 37th league game.  After this point, bookings do not get wiped, but the threshold is increased to 15 yellows in the league up to the end of the season.  Pack now has 10 league yellows, so if he were to get another 5, he would get a 3 game ban.

If he got his 15th on the final league game he would miss the playoffs.

So he can’t go round fouling people for fouling’s sake! 

Any City fan with an ounce of common sense will know that Wigan will certainly be no pushovers, that goes for every other team in this crazy and imo the most entertaining league around. Remember we are Bristol City anything can happen. We have put ourselves in a great position and from now on in its very much in our own hands.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

A team fighting to stay in the top 6 playing at home, after two away wins  Vs a team at the bottom isn’t not a must win?

it very much is 

The same thing was said not that long back when we played Ipswich.............:cool2:

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The same thing was said not that long back when we played Ipswich.............:cool2:

Yes but having got back on track with 2 excellent results, not to win at home against a team at the bottom would be dissapointing. That’s why I feel it’s a must win to keep momentum going for the final push

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Yes but having got back on track with 2 excellent results, not to win at home against a team at the bottom would be dissapointing. That’s why I feel it’s a must win to keep momentum going for the final push

9 points from 3 games helps create gaps too.

17 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

In theory City should beat Wigan - the league table tells us that but as we all know many struggling teams come to AG and defend in numbers and City often struggle to break them down. I can immediately think of Rotherham who had two blokes red carded before City grabbed a late winner and Ipswich who nicked a point......

I fully expect three points tomorrow but if it’s a draw it won’t be the end of of our pray off amibitions. There’ll be another 7 games  to play and anything can happen. City will still be in the mix so to me it’s not  a ‘must win’  game.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In theory City should beat Wigan - the league table tells us that but as we all know many struggling teams come to AG and defend in numbers and City often struggle to break them down. I can immediately think of Rotherham who had two blokes red carded before City grabbed a late winner and Ipswich who nicked a point......

I fully expect three points tomorrow but if it’s a draw it won’t be the end of of our pray off amibitions. There’ll be another 7 games  to play and anything can happen. City will still be in the mix so to me it’s not  a ‘must win’  game.

Ipswich actually were pretty attacking and unlucky not to snatch all 3 tbh.

Rotherham you have a bit more of a case with, though they when it was 11v11 at least were more positive than anticipated and certainly had a latent threat on the break.

As for tomorrow- definitely a must win for the sake of positivity, momentum IMO- mathematically not, but in terms of everything else yes!

I expect Wigan to attack when they get the opportunity or play a positive counterattacking game at minimum- they don't strike me as a park the bus side- should work for us but could pose us unexpected issues too.

Here’s a spreadsheet that shows our results against each team, home and away, but also the position the team was in when we played them.

BF8727A2-E230-43EB-A00C-A9283F8F26E6.thumb.jpeg.b70e0aa901f7866939b672a7988b105f.jpeg

3W 4D 1L versus the bottom 5.  Wigan were 8th when we played them at their place.  Bolton were 7th, albeit after 1 game.

Archived