IGNORED

Championship playoff final on a Monday?

Eastside Moonwalker

Dates of the Wembley finals have been confirmed as follows:
  • Championship playoff final: Monday, May 27.
  • League One playoff final: Sunday, May 26.
  • League Two playoff final: Saturday, May 25.

Granted I grabbed that from the sun so it's probably a load of bollocks, but has this always been the case? I could've sworn it was Friday-Sunday. Wonder if we actually get there (big if), the amount of people who are gonna have to pull sickies.. as far as i'm aware theres no bank holiday then?

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/key-dates/

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

27th May is the Spring bank holiday.

To whatever sides make the final, taking the Tuesday off might be an idea for the fans, as post match pints could be required regardless of the result.

Ah ok, I'm in Germany atm so had no idea, was trying to find a reason.  Will have to take the Fri-Wed off to nurse the hangover if we ever manage it, missed the Hull playoff final last time

4 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:
Dates of the Wembley finals have been confirmed as follows:
  • Championship playoff final: Monday, May 27.
  • League One playoff final: Sunday, May 26.
  • League Two playoff final: Saturday, May 25.

Granted I grabbed that from the sun so it's probably a load of bollocks, but has this always been the case? I could've sworn it was Friday-Sunday. Wonder if we actually get there (big if), the amount of people who are gonna have to pull sickies.. as far as i'm aware theres no bank holiday then?

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/key-dates/

At a festival in Somerset on the 27th. If we make the final I'm going to have to drive to London then back to Plymouth off no sleep and a festival hangover!

Long way to go boys. If Wigan turn up to fight for survival on Sat there will be those on here complaining about everything:lack of keepers, didn't buy Boro striker in Jan, Fam is rubbish, Pato a show pony etc etc. 

Meantime huge games at Villa and Hillsborough not to be missed and some sense of perspective when we inevitably drop the odd point. 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Long way to go boys. If Wigan turn up to fight for survival on Sat there will be those on here complaining about everything:lack of keepers, didn't buy Boro striker in Jan, Fam is rubbish, Pato a show pony etc etc. 

Meantime huge games at Villa and Hillsborough not to be missed and some sense of perspective when we inevitably drop the odd point. 

Exactly this there are 10 games before that to worry about before we start getting ahead of ourselves

4 minutes ago, Squeak said:

Championship final is always on a Saturday when an international tournament is upcoming. It’s always on the Monday if there’s no tournament. 

I think. 

100% correct @Squeak

• Admin
10 minutes ago, DolmanDave said:

I'm down Cornwall 24th-27th May.

Will just have to wake everyone up at 4/5am and leave pronto back to Bristol to unload and drop everyone off then M4 to London. ?

Be easier to go straight to London, dump the family on the A38 and they can hitch a lift home - I am sure they will understand

3 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

But we won’t. Drop points. Or need a trip to Wembley.

Top two finish and an unbeaten run.

Aim high. Get there. No worries.

Fall short. Day out on BH Monday.

Written in my dream. Ok so part of it was wrong last night - last minute OG of Aden’s ass - but the 1-0 was spot on.

Wigan? They’ve no chance.

I’m in love with Lee. And might - just might - be falling into love with the Messiah ?

Archived