IGNORED

Andy Weimann Any News?

REDOXO

• Admin

Would expect the foot to still be swollen today, so would assume a scan tomorrow at the earliest.

As for Korey I honestly believe we'd be better off holding him back for the WBA game anyway, if he can't play two games in that time frame

5 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Weimann is a player I really rate (among others) - his work rate is incredible. Even though he hasn’t scored that many he is a nuisance for the opposition all the time - like a wasp that won’t leave you alone and follows you everywhere. 

I like him as well. He's only 2 goals behind Diedhiou which is good considering he's played out on the wing a lot. If he played Central there's no reason he wouldn't get 15-20 along with his running behind to stretch the opposition defence 

1 hour ago, cheshire_red said:

Wasn't the injury to Weimann picked up on Saturday? I do hope Flint wasn't aware of it.......

Nope,......he had his foot stamped on last night, so swelling and bruising, which hopefully will calm down in a few days.

2 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Weimann is a player I really rate (among others) - his work rate is incredible. Even though he hasn’t scored that many he is a nuisance for the opposition all the time - like a wasp that won’t leave you alone and follows you everywhere. 

You idiot you shouldn't have posted that, if Wigan are reading this they will simply leave a jar half filled with jam on the side of the pitch and that will be the end of him.

4 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

will we have to pray for it like we did with David Beckham's?

3 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

I'll prepare the origami swans and ready my local hairdresser for the mohican request.

Evil Post printing a photo of his foot for the front cover so we can all touch it and chant "he's f****** dynamite".

That'll do it.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

If we stick to the present formation, it's more for Paterson or Taylor to step up isn't it?

Yep.

No qualms with Matty coming in for Andi to be honest. Wigan is the right kind of game for him in my opinion

20 hours ago, Sarumred said:

LJ said in his post match interview that he would be having an xray/scan asap. Sounds doubtful that he will be fit for Sat.

Korea's injury more precautionary and should be ok.

20 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

He's been in the wars....

12 hours ago, Rich said:

Which, the top half, or bottom half?

Extremely volatile, can blow his top and go ballistic at any moment... 

The Weimann thing is interesting.

Winger...no? Across the frontline- yeah, he can move along there. Let's not forget that as a winger (I'd class it as having been more of an LM than winger personally) he had 3 goals disallowed, all of them tight ones.

Not a winger no, but 3 assists and a goal in that time- plus the aforementioned. I'd rather have him in the centre or up there in the 3-4-2-1 type thing as per the last 2 games of course- the latter actually covers both bases pretty well.

Never a winger though!

If we are playing him in a front two - Matty Taylor is a direct replacement - workmate and energy is comparable also finishing.

I know Andi scored three in one game, but he has missed so many in the last 10 games I would be confident that Taylor is as close a like for like replacement as we could find.

Archived