IGNORED

Home or Away

Milton Red

18 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Notts County...?! What was that game all about..? 

I was probably there, but it doesn’t ring a bell. 

The rest, I agree with, amongst others, obviously. Far too many to list. 

The 4-4 where ironically if I remember correctly Micky bell scored a screamer.

9 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Not been mentioned yet but Coventry at home in 2012 is one that'll live long in the memory. 

Best mate's a Coventry fan - made that extra sweet for me!

We'd made an agreement beforehand for the winner not to give the loser too much shit, too much at stake. Then seconds after they take the lead I get a gloating text...so when Bolasie sends that scuffer into the bottom corner I let loose with both barrels :laugh:

Hard to pick games but some obvious ones , and some mentioned already.

G*s at Eastville , my first League derby won 4-1 and the cup 2-1. Coventry , the 2-2 about 15k ( guesses vary) away fans. The Chester promotion game was epic, 2-1 . Loved the 5-0 at Swansea , Super Bob hat trick and everyone singing "the Welsh are ****** shit" . Cardiff 3-0 , Forest semi , Liverpool , Man City , winning 3-1 at Roker park , and of course City in Europe ..... Pisa lost 4-3 Anglo Italian cup , robbed btw, I was looking at some photos recently.

How about the Hereford away game when I think we were bottom of the 4th division, it was round about Xmas time and about 1500 went up there for a night game and we won 1-0 to climb off bottom of the league and start the climb back after successive relegations, my memory not great but sure a few others can confirm this !! 

6 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Now that was a quality away game. Unfortunately, as @The turtle will confirm, I accidentally punched my (now ex, obviously) girlfriend in the face during the celebration of the winning goal. Needless to say, it didn't go down well... :bruce_h4h:

On the subject, of memorable away days, when was the Charlton game where we completely took over the away end, despite not selling many tickets in advance? Mad celebrations and flares galore in that one. 

flares game was the previous play off season...….plus some city fan 100 foot up a tree outside watching game was a sight

9 minutes ago, weepywall said:

How about the Hereford away game when I think we were bottom of the 4th division, it was round about Xmas time and about 1500 went up there for a night game and we won 1-0 to climb off bottom of the league and start the climb back after successive relegations, my memory not great but sure a few others can confirm this !! 

3 1 we won nyrere Kelly scored ?

As a newer fan reading away in 2008 sticks out for me, my first away game, first can of cider and most importantly a 2-0 win infront of 5000 City fans (I believe the largest league away following ever to the madjeski). 

The bounce around the ground was brilliant 

7 hours ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

Home,Oldham 1965,Portsmouth 1976.Away,Leeds 1974,Arsenal 1976,Coventry 1977.Also Middlesbrough c 1968 sticks in the memory.The 1 coach left Ashton at 4.30 am,[no motorways then],it poured down all the way and we got to 'Boro at around 2pm to find the game was off.Stopped long enough for a drink and a bite to eat and set off home,arriving around midnight.What a way to spend a weekend,going to Middlesbrough for a pint!

And I thought the train trip to Sunderland circa 1963 for FA Cup was the pits.

Left Parson St at 11pm Friday. Freezing cold, snow all over the country, steam loco broke down at about 3am at back of St Andrews ground. Arrived Sunderland 11am. Nowhere to get decent food, except the only hotel in town centre.

Roker Park pitch frozen solid. We got stuffed 1-6. Journey home just as cold but no loco breakdown.

Why do we do it? 

Cos we're daft that's why. City TID.

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

And I thought the train trip to Sunderland circa 1963 for FA Cup was the pits.

Left Parson St at 11pm Friday. Freezing cold, snow all over the country, steam loco broke down at about 3am at back of St Andrews ground. Arrived Sunderland 11am. Nowhere to get decent food, except the only hotel in town centre.

Roker Park pitch frozen solid. We got stuffed 1-6. Journey home just as cold but no loco breakdown.

Why do we do it? 

Cos we're daft that's why. City TID.

What a trip, fair play and these days we moan about the train running out of Stella !

Archived