IGNORED

a Boro view,

WarksRed

54 minutes ago, Suffolkcity said:

Tbf, there was nothing wrong with Pulis' interview. He is correct, they could have been 3 up before we scored.

If only their chairman had dug deep and splashed the cash on a proven Championship striker in the January transfer window. Someone like Britt Assombalonga, for example..!

Maybe he “doesn’t want it” either..?! 

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Does this include him saying the name "Mark," or the word "hard," or any other words with "ar" in the middle, because if it does, I can't be listening. Sorry

How about ‘triffic?! ‘Triffic Tone’ as he was down here 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

If only their chairman had dug deep and splashed the cash on a proven Championship striker in the January transfer window. Someone like Britt Assombalonga, for example..!

Maybe he “doesn’t want it” either..?! 

A cheap dig.

Their chairman dug deep and refused to sell Assombalonga to their rivals.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

A cheap dig.

Their chairman dug deep and refused to sell Assombalonga to their rivals.

Did he..? I was under the impression that he was made available for transfer but nobody wanted to meet the demands. (Fee & wages) 

15 minutes ago, red panda said:

Yes, but we were very, very happy when Pompey poached him. Almost as good as winning promotion ???

I remember being at Brentford when the rumours of a Portsmouth approach were doing the rounds.

The entire away end were very vocal in giving Pulis their advice about what to do that day!

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I remember being at Brentford when the rumours of a Portsmouth approach were doing the rounds.

The entire away end were very vocal in giving Pulis their advice about what to do that day!

I remember the first game after he left (I think), away at Bournemouth, celebrating the fact that Ade Akinbiyi scored the winning goal for Wolves against Portsmouth.

4 hours ago, red panda said:

Yes, but we were very, very happy when Pompey poached him. Almost as good as winning promotion ???

And we got compensation too.

I reckon if crowdfunding had been a thing back then we could have raised a fair whack to pay Pompey to take him off our hands never mind them paying us!

5 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

This is true, under Pulis none of us were happy IIRC. ? 

Christ it was a miserable time to be a fan back then. So turgid!!! 

4 hours ago, red panda said:

Remember reading about it online while at college in the library (dial up connection too, state of the art ?) and punched the air in jubilation. Cue strange looks from everyone studying...

4 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Was that the Boxing Day match where everyone started carol singing out of boredom?!

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I remember the first game after he left (I think), away at Bournemouth, celebrating the fact that Ade Akinbiyi scored the winning goal for Wolves against Portsmouth.

That Bournemouth game was fun, even before the game kicked off remember standing on the terrace feeling like a weight was off our shoulders :laugh:

Archived