IGNORED

5-3-2 versus Latics?

wendyredredrobin

Much I guess depends on the fitness of Korey Smith and Andi Weimann, but I wouldn't want to change a team that has gained 6 points from the last 2 big, big games.

We need to keep the momentum going.

Do we have a fit goalkeeper yet or will Max keep his place.

Who do you think will replace Andi or Korey if they can't play?  I guess Pato could fill in for Andi, but Korey being out mightresult in a change of formation.

3 points on Saturday would be fantastic, especially as all of our rivals are away from home and don't have particularly easy games.

Carry on with the 3-5-2 for sure.

If Weimann isn't fit I'd put Taylor up there with Fam, as the snake's movement will pull Wigan's backline all over the shop.

Would like to have Smith & Pack in the middle so that Brownhill can push forward more like he did up at Sheffield Utd, as he could then exploit that space getting some shots off.

Dasilva and Hunt to provide the ammo from wingback. 

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

If Weimann isn't fit I'd put Taylor up there with Fam, as the snake's movement will pull Wigan's backline all over the shop.

Would like to have Smith & Pack in the middle so that Brownhill can push forward more like he did up at Sheffield Utd, as he could then exploit that space getting some shots off.

This.

I am usually in the don't change a winning team unless you have to camp, but LJ will be aware that we have embarked on a 5 games in 15 days run, and after 2 tough away games he has to think about WBA and Villa as well as Wigan. Not an easy choice to make. Will be interesting to see the teamsheet on Saturday, from both a personnel and formation point of view. 

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Much I guess depends on the fitness of Korey Smith and Andi Weimann, but I wouldn't want to change a team that has gained 6 points from the last 2 big, big games.

We need to keep the momentum going.

Do we have a fit goalkeeper yet or will Max keep his place.

Who do you think will replace Andi or Korey if they can't play?  I guess Pato could fill in for Andi, but Korey being out mightresult in a change of formation.

3 points on Saturday would be fantastic, especially as all of our rivals are away from home and don't have particularly easy games.

We will definitely replace Andi and Korey if they can’t play .

Heard it here first .

50 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

From what I've seen Fam and Taylor doesn't seem to gell. Taylor is better with a Bobby Reid type player - so Weimann maybe, if he's fit. I agree we should have two up front definitely.

1 hour ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I'd tend to agree, but 5 defenders at home against a team just above the relegation zone........... Might just be lacking a bit up top. Can always change if not working though. 

LJ will know who’s fit to play and have all the stats and analysis of Wigan’s away performances. He’ll select a formation and team according to that info and as we fans aren’t privy to said info all we can do speculate on what the team will be..........:dunno:

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Heard it here first .

Will we though? 

I mean, LJ surprised us all by not selecting a sub keeper.

Maybe he will send 9 players out to face Wigan in a cunning bid to rest players for WBA... ?

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

LJ will know who’s fit to play and have all the stats and analysis of Wigan’s away performances. He’ll select a formation and team according to that info and as we fans aren’t privy to said info all we can do speculate on what the team will be..........:dunno:

Interesting.  And are we able to do that speculation by discussing it on a fans forum at all? 

13 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I'd tend to agree, but 5 defenders at home against a team just above the relegation zone........... Might just be lacking a bit up top. Can always change if not working though. 

If it were Pisano and Kelly at FB in that configuration, I'd agree.

Hunt and Da Silva- more like wingbacks than defenders really- would definitely see it as more of a 3-5-2/3-4-2-1 than 5 at the back.

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Interesting.  And are we able to do that speculation by discussing it on a fans forum at all? 

No problem for users to discuss the potential line up and formation but as I don’t have the necessary info I prefer not to guess...............:cool2:

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No problem for users to discuss the potential line up and formation but as I don’t have the necessary info I prefer not to guess...............:cool2:

But you do prefer to go onto a thread that you know from the title is going to be one you won't contribute to.

Bizarre.

38 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Heard it here first .

18 minutes ago, mozo said:

Will we though? 

I mean, LJ surprised us all by not selecting a sub keeper.

Maybe he will send 9 players out to face Wigan in a cunning bid to rest players for WBA... ?

I have a feeling LJ is going to surprise us with a 3-4-1 formation. This will create extra space on the pitch which we can exploit, and as @mozo mentions, it has the added benefit of resting players for the WBA game. 

Bloody genius is Lee Johnson :smartass:

• Admin

To me Korey is our key player at the moment, clear to see the improvement in the last two games when he was on the pitch

Looking at that I can't see that we can get three games out of him over the next week.

To me I think we will rest him Saturday and keep him back for WBA and also Villa

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

But you do prefer to go onto a thread that you know from the title is going to be one you won't contribute to.

It’s relatively easy to work out.

O’Leary in goal.

Dasilva, Kalas, Webster,Hunt

Pack,Brownhill,Smith(If fit) 

Wiemann (If fit) Famara and Pato.

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

To me Korey is our key player at the moment, clear to see the improvement in the last two games when he was on the pitch

Looking at that I can't see that we can get three games out of him over the next week.

To me I think we will rest him Saturday and keep him back for WBA and also Villa

On the other hand Smith has been out for seven months and will need game time to get fully match fit............:dunno:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

O’Leary in goal.

That's just speculation so a pointless post.

Also you put Hunt at LB and Da Silva at RB, and a formation we haven't started with this season, so doubt you'll be right. 

You made a mess out of that considering it's "easy to work out".

• Admin

On the other hand Smith has been out for seven months and will need game time to get fully match fit............:dunno:

I would guess fitness can be achieved in other ways, match sharpness is about actual game time

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

That's just speculation so a pointless post.

Also you put Hunt at LB and Da Silva at RB, and a formation we haven't started with this season, so doubt you'll be right. 

You made a mess out of that considering it's "easy to work out".

Well spotted Jim! Not everyone noticed my deliberate mistake.........

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

So why is it you think that LJ will go back to a back four, and drop Wright for Paterson? 

It’s a bog standard frame of 4-4-2 which as we all know is  easy to change formation by simply moved one player.

For example, move Dasilva up to wing back and you have a 3-5-2.....

It all depends whose available.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

O’Leary in goal.

It’s a bog standard frame of 4-4-2 which as we all know is  easy to change formation by simply moved one player.

You've written it as a 4-3-3.

Ooh, let me guess, yet another "deliberate mistake". 

You really are completely full of shit.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Well, no. It's a 'bog standard frame' of 4-3-3.

And moving Dasilva up to LWB would leave us either playing with Hunt as a CB and no recognised RWB, or Hunt at RWB and only two CBs. 

Must try harder @Robbored.

Archived