IGNORED

5-3-2 versus Latics?

wendyredredrobin

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No problem for users to discuss the potential line up and formation but as I don’t have the necessary info I prefer not to guess...............:cool2:

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s relatively easy to work out.

O’Leary in goal.

Dasilva, Kalas, Webster,Hunt

Pack,Brownhill,Smith(If fit) 

Wiemann (If fit) Famara and Pato.

One of these posts is not like the other.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My second post is based on what LJ has done previously. It’s not guesswork, it’s common sense.

I mean... it literally is guesswork.

verb: guess; 3rd person present: guesses; past tense: guessed; past participle: guessed; gerund or present participle: guessing
  1. 1.
    estimate or conclude (something) without sufficient information to be sure of being correct.
    "she guessed the child's age at 14 or 15"
    synonyms: estimate, calculate, approximate, make a guess at, make an estimate of;

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

From what I've seen Fam and Taylor doesn't seem to gell. Taylor is better with a Bobby Reid type player - so Weimann maybe, if he's fit. I agree we should have two up front definitely.

I remember Fam and Snake tore Stoke a new one last season when they were a Prem side, up against Wimmer and Zouma too. 

We had 17 shots that night and they both scored.

Pack Brownhill Paterson in the middle if Smith isn't okay. Be nice to see Walsh or Morrell on the bench.

Not sure Taylor has the pace to do the running in behind that Weimann does so I hope AW is fit. 

Semenyo would be a better stand-in for AW.

48 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I remember Fam and Snake tore Stoke a new one last season when they were a Prem side, up against Wimmer and Zouma too. 

One of Taylor's best performances for us that night, he played brilliantly.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

No problem for users to discuss the potential line up and formation but as I don’t have the necessary info I prefer not to guess...............:cool2:

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s relatively easy to work out.

O’Leary in goal.

Dasilva, Kalas, Webster,Hunt

Pack,Brownhill,Smith(If fit) 

Wiemann (If fit) Famara and Pato.

On the other hand Smith has been out for seven months and will need game time to get fully match fit............:dunno:

It’s a bog standard frame of 4-4-2 which as we all know is  easy to change formation by simply moved one player.

For example, move Dasilva up to wing back and you have a 3-5-2.....

It all depends whose available.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ca63b694d4c50646b

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

If Wiemann not fit, I'd like to see Semenyo played up front (not left wing) alongside Fammy in Andi's position. Pato would be a poor substitute for Wiemann.

Totally agree give the kid another chance he could come good as Taylor or patterson  hasent got ninety  mins in them

2 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Indeed, they’ve played very few minutes together.  Last season, just the game and a bit in the cup v Palace and Stoke....where they did hit it off.

Sheffield Wed (h) and Reading (a) are the only time they’ve started together this season....so @robin_unreliant not sure there’s much evidence to say they haven’t hit it off.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Indeed, they’ve played very few minutes together.  Last season, just the game and a bit in the cup v Palace and Stoke....where they did hit it off.

Sheffield Wed (h) and Reading (a) are the only time they’ve started together this season....so @robin_unreliant not sure there’s much evidence to say they haven’t hit it off.

Agreed but if we are looking to replace the work that Weimann gets through then O'Dowda is the man.

He is capable of covering a lot of ground like AW and is as direct.

If he's fit and Weimann isn't, then I would have O'Dowda in the team over Taylor in a similar formation to the last two games.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Agreed but if we are looking to replace the work that Weimann gets through then O'Dowda is the man.

He is capable of covering a lot of ground like AW and is as direct.

If he's fit and Weimann isn't, then I would have O'Dowda in the team over Taylor in a similar formation to the last two games.

An option, maybe, but not got the striker’s movement of a Taylor.  Very different skill set imho.

Of course we don’t know whether our 532 is really a 5221, when we want one or both of those two to be more like a no10.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

An option, maybe, but not got the striker’s movement of a Taylor.  Very different skill set imho.

Of course we don’t know whether our 532 is really a 5221, when we want one or both of those two to be more like a no10.

I agree re the movement, no contest at all and totally different players overall.

But I'd like to see O'dowda  get a start (if fit) in a similar formation.

Plenty of options thats for sure ?

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

I agree re the movement, no contest at all and totally different players overall.

But I'd like to see O'dowda  get a start (if fit) in a similar formation.

Plenty of options thats for sure ?

Agree.  That 532/5212/5221 (whichever) has options to rotate a series of players.

If you take the 5212 for example you could easily go:

Pack Smith | Brownhill | 2 strikers

Pack Brownhill | O’Dowda | 2 strikers

Smith Brownhill | O’Dowda | 2 strikers

etc

etc

and not knacker key players whilst pretty much bring full strength.  And I haven’t even considered Paterson, Palmer etc.

I do think LJ will recruit for a 532 or variant this summer.  The squad ain’t far off being ready for it.  Wing backs and a striker missing.

5 hours ago, RedEyez said:

Whatever team we play, i really hope Lee has learned his lesson from the Ipswich game and go with 2 up top

I think Lee would have learned from the last two games that 2 up top is the way to go.

Has to be a straight swap for Taylor if Weimann is not fit. Korey’s fitness is key though, as that will decide what formation LJ will go with.

12 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I think Lee would have learned from the last two games that 2 up top is the way to go.

Has to be a straight swap for Taylor if Weimann is not fit. Korey’s fitness is key though, as that will decide what formation LJ will go with.

I don't share your confidence in LJ, he can be a stubborn mule and it would be no surprise to me if we go back to 1 up top, if Weinmann not fit.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I don't share your confidence in LJ, he can be a stubborn mule and it would be no surprise to me if we go back to 1 up top, if Weinmann not fit.

I don’t share a massive amount of confidence in him as sometimes it appears to be a lottery draw. But it looks as though he’s learning along the way!

Why no mention of Palmer?

Did anybody notice his sublime assist for Wiemann’s second? I think it will need that level of vision that many others on our team do not possess to break down a stubborn defensive display from Wigan.

I would play him behind Fam and Taylor for this one.

48 minutes ago, Neo said:

Why no mention of Palmer?

Did anybody notice his sublime assist for Wiemann’s second? I think it will need that level of vision that many others on our team do not possess to break down a stubborn defensive display from Wigan.

I would play him behind Fam and Taylor for this one.

It’s an interesting one.

we want width, we want 3 in CMF, we want 2 up front. I’d stick with 3-5-2 and WB’s. Palmer ( more likely Paterson ) with Pack and Brownhill. Taylor off of Fam. 

Archived