IGNORED

Out of contract Championship players

Ska Junkie

Would any of the Brentford ones be worth a look?

All in their 20's and from a footballing side- injury history notwithstanding Obudjabo could be worth a look at RB, were Pisano to leave. Younger and maybe a bit cheaper too.

Seem to recall McEachran was fairly highly thought of at one stage- or has he now stalled?

28 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would any of the Brentford ones be worth a look?

All in their 20's and from a footballing side- injury history notwithstanding Obudjabo could be worth a look at RB, were Pisano to leave. Younger and maybe a bit cheaper too.

Seem to recall McEachran was fairly highly thought of at one stage- or has he now stalled?

McEachran has had a few bad injuries and never lived up to the hype, I think he’ll get a L1 club like Charlton or Coventry.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Get that keeper from 'Boro.

Sell a few shirts with his name on the back, at a couple of quid a letter if we sell half a dozen of 'em, we could be FFP compliant for the next 12 months. Might even turn a profit.

I get the point Rob but I wouldn't wanted an ex-Monkey Hanger in goal. I can't stand them

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

There aren’t loads on that list that jump out at you in terms of “if we could get them, would be a fantastic free transfer’.

Most Of you students have already picked the ones I would, e.g. Van der Horn, Alan Browne (If he really is a free), Either Of the Olsson’s, etc.

Jonas Olsson is 36 years old now Dave - if we can go for the oldies, I’d take Hutton and Hoolahan....

Browne, Kelly, Gregory, Powell, Andre Green (or is he more hype?) all could be interesting.

Just now, BessexRED said:

Martin, the Swansea Swedish international that has had several good years in the top flight and is still only 30 and plays in a position that we need to sign a player in.

Suspect would be influenced by whether we want Dasilva still, both won't come here on the chance of being #2

Some of you wouldn’t take the 24 year old central midfielder with 11 goals this season on a free transfer? 

Alan Browne is a serious talent. Don’t think he is actually out of contract(as touched on above) but a player I’d love to have here

Alan Browne, rekeem Harper, Andre green and Nick Powell.

harper would be a real coupe as would green but both would be in high demand. Powell wages would be beyond us. Browne maybe possible as is the type of player that would fit in but again, likely in high demand

What is noticeable is that the consensus is there’s generally slim pickings from that list (Liam Kelly would be the one for me btw - Young, attacking mid. Fits the philosophy as long as DNA is right).

The reason the pickings are slim is because at this level, contracts rarely get down to this stage if the player is decent and the club have finances ( ie not losing parachute or about to go down)

A really interesting list would be the players with 1 year left on a deal. Will be more quality in that and clubs will have to take a decent offer or run the risk of zero, a la O’Dowda. That may be where the recruitment comes from.

Anyone know if that list exists?

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

What is noticeable is that the consensus is there’s generally slim pickings from that list (Liam Kelly would be the one for me btw - Young, attacking mid. Fits the philosophy as long as DNA is right).

The reason the pickings are slim is because at this level, contracts rarely get down to this stage if the player is decent and the club have finances ( ie not losing parachute or about to go down)

A really interesting list would be the players with 1 year left on a deal. Will be more quality in that and clubs will have to take a decent offer or run the risk of zero, a la O’Dowda. That may be where the recruitment comes from.

Anyone know if that list exists?

I would agree with your post, with one caveat.

Swansea- for most parachute clubs absolutely true but their owners seem to be in firesale mode- asset stripping. Hence there will be some decent players going out the door there despite their departures not being needed at this time.

Doubt their finances- unless they forgot to put in relegation wage reduction clauses- are much worse than Stoke or West Brom. Yet look at the difference in transfer activity, especially between them and Stoke!

Swansea to me, look like they're edging towards asset stripping over cautious financial management- can be a fine line of course! Or maybe owners refusing to put money in which restricts them to the £5m loss limit as opposed to the £13m one. Olsson, Van Der Hoorn and Fer- wages and other offers notwithstanding- would all merit a look.

Narsingh too maybe, but he has had injuries.

In terms of one year left deal- Transfermarkt. Not always accurate but fairly!

Mike van der Hoorn should Kalas go would be a great free signing. Ivo Pinto would be decent cover for Pisano but I'd bite your hand off for Odubajo on a free. Some great names on that list who aren't out of contract because they are deemed not good enough but who are there because their clubs have failed to get them to sign, shouldn't turn our nose up to 4 or 5 on that list. 

10 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Some of you wouldn’t take the 24 year old central midfielder with 11 goals this season on a free transfer? 

Alan Browne is a serious talent. Don’t think he is actually out of contract(as touched on above) but a player I’d love to have here

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2018/july/alan-browne-agrees-new-preston-north-end-contract/

He’s quite similar to Brownhill, even the ears!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep. Think Browne is a bit more attacking but also could be due to him playing more as a hardworking 10. Couple years older than Brownhill and has the goals now which I think Brownhill needs to add(not 11 but think he has the ability to hit 7-8 league goals from his position). 

Archived