IGNORED

Low Crowd Tomorrow? (Merged)

Port Said Red

At the risk of sounding like one of the people from the other side of the river and getting our excuses in early, I imagine that the "event" rugby game at Twickenham will drag a few of the potential floating fans away tomorrow. This might not necessarily be a bad thing as the ones that are there will be the more dedicated fans and hopefully that will have a positive effect on the atmosphere.

I was very, very tempted to go to Twickenham. Really, really torn as I’ve never been and unlikely to get the opportunity of seeing Bristol ( sorry, Bears) v Bath there again. Some tickets were as low as £15 too. However I resisted and will be cheering on my first love as usual tomorrow. 

Sounding even more like a Sag, Bristol and Bath fans among our support may be lured to Twickers, plus Wigan are one of he most unattractive names in the Championship, the away support will be small and finally the weather is awful. Despite all of that it will still be a Gate of around 20,000. We have come a long way in terms of support in a very short time.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I was very, very tempted to go to Twickenham. Really, really torn as I’ve never been and unlikely to get the opportunity of seeing Bristol ( sorry, Bears) v Bath there again. Some tickets were as low as £15 too. However I resisted and will be cheering on my first love as usual tomorrow. 

Me too. My bro is going with his family. Season ticket holders too... 

Tempted but resisted. 

Coyr!

Just now, Monkeh said:

Season tickets are counted regardless,

18k minimum plus the 20 odd from wigan

There were 18,500 sold by Monday. 

I’d expect a few extras since Tuesday’s result. 

Ive also heard that Wigan have had a late surge in ticket sales, and are expecting nearer 30..!

I bought 2 tickets yesterday in the upper lansdown, there were hardly any seats showing as free online, mostly singles..... but like everyone above, I assumed we would not have a big crowd, but the clubs online ticketing system seems to think otherwise.....

City have been giving a lot of free tickets away for this game. My son attended a half term coaching course run by the club, and everyone who went got a child and adult ticket. Ok, so a lot like me will already have season tickets, but it may bring a few more in that otherwise wouldn't go.

On the flip side Bears fans who are BCFC ST holders might be at the rugby but could have passed on their ST’s to others to use? Yes I know ST’s are counted regardless but at least the seats might have people in them rather than staying empty.

14 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

They've had to charter 5 Vespas.

And a skateboard,

Anyway we’re all saying it’s going to be a low crowd

when did 18500 min become a low crowd,

christ it wasn’t that long ago when 11k was seen as a good crowd 

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I hope Rovers fans notice this thread..! 

Reading about how think we are “only” going to get around 19-20,000 for tomorrow’s game..! 

#mindthegap

Bit like when Newcastle laughed at us for announcing our biggest gate in something like 20 years as around 23k or something. 

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'm off to the rugby tomorrow but have given my season ticket to someone else. 

Decided to go after the horror show that was Ipswich, kind of regretting it now...

Why the rugby wasn’t on Sunday I’ll never know. Yes I know it’s Bath’s fixture as such but surely we had to agree it as it’s a change of venue? I wonder what Steve is doing?

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Why the rugby wasn’t on Sunday I’ll never know. Yes I know it’s Bath’s fixture as such but surely we had to agree it as it’s a change of venue? I wonder what Steve is doing?

The diplomatic thing to do would be to stay in Guernsey and have two TV's set up in a room. :) I would understand if he went to Twickenham though, our game is important but it doesn't have to be season defining.

35 minutes ago, The King of Spain said:

Lower crowds do seem to improve the atmosphere sometimes. Only 250 of us if that at Boro on Tuesday but we didn’t stop singing all night, let’s hope for the same tomorrow...result and atmosphere rather than 250 city fans! 

319 it was, love your username by the way :laugh:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO how many have been sold out of interest? I'll guess at 19,500 with just shy of 650 Wigan, meaning we'll exceed 20k with POTD.

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

The boat race is on Sunday. The police can’t cope with all the drunken boating hooligans and rugby on the same day 

18 minutes ago, RedM said:

As a non rugby fan why is this game being played at Twickenham? Looks like a league game ?!

4 minutes ago, daored said:

As a non rugby fan why is this game being played at Twickenham? Looks like a league game ?!

I believe that Bath are contracted to play one game of the league season at HQ. They have chosen Bristol as this game. Last season I think it was Leicester. 

5 minutes ago, daored said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clash_(rugby)

"The Clash is an annual rugby union match hosted by Bath Rugby around Easter time each year. It is one of Bath's regular home matches in Premiership Rugby but it is moved from their usual home ground at the Recreation Ground (14,500 capacity[1]) to the much larger Twickenham Stadium in London (82,000 seats[2])."

https://www.bathrugby.com/theclash/

"The worlds of rugby and entertainment come together in one of the most anticipated fixtures in the rugby calendar at the home of England Rugby.

The Clash is back with a bang on Saturday 6th April 2019, KO 14:00, when Bath Rugby host West Country rivals Bristol Bears in a derby day showdown on the biggest stage of them all.

Over 120,000 supporters have descended on Twickenham Stadium for the last two editions of the event, and this is your chance to get behind the Blue, Black and White and roar them to victory.

Missed out on Six Nations tickets? Get your Twickenham fix for this derby battle now and experience the atmosphere of an international from just £15 for adults. 

Live music, free family entertainment and a West Country food and drink festival in the iconic West Fan Village makes it the number one event this Easter"

27 minutes ago, RedM said:

Would have been so much easier I agree. 

I suppose Bath get the final say, no matter what is going on at Ashton Gate

6 minutes ago, daored said:

@Paul G is probably right. But my understanding is that any rugby club can apply to use the National Stadium, Bath have applied as their ground cannot accommodate the numbers the game will attract. They give up home advantage for gate money basically. Other teams have already played there, they do a double header at the beginning of the season.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

On the flip side Bears fans who are BCFC ST holders might be at the rugby but could have passed on their ST’s to others to use? Yes I know ST’s are counted regardless but at least the seats might have people in them rather than staying empty.

Indeed - my daughter who is a dual holder is off to rugby but my wife is coming to her first football game of the season.

All legal like, paid for the upgrade from U-25 to adult !!

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Bit like when Newcastle laughed at us for announcing our biggest gate in something like 20 years as around 23k or something. 

Yes, now. But I remember being at St. James’s Park for Kevin Kegan’s first game as manager and it was regarded as incedible that they were going to have 30k attendance. 

Newcastle’s massive crowds have been built on many years of top flight football. I’m not saying we’d ever get anything close, if we manage that, but back in the old 2nd division I remember a game up there when there were about 13k in attendance, so don’t fall for the myth that Newcastle have always been some kind of super club. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I suspect that we not had the rearranged Middlesbrough game in midweek, we may well have tried to arrange a switch for tomorrow’s game, to be played tonight. 

Wasn’t possible in between 2 midweek fixtures, so I guess it’s just one of those things. 

Archived