IGNORED

Low Crowd Tomorrow? (Merged)

Port Said Red

• Admin
38 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Just had a look on the website for available tickets tomorrow and only a total 1048 are available.

Wigan probably won’t bring many but crowd should Be in access of 22k

Simple answer @fanjita the club don't release all tickets for sale, they stagger the release depending on sales 

When there is a thread about low attendance and we will get between 18 to 20 k  then we know how far this club has come in recent years. Not a million years ago wigan at home maybe 6/7 k ? The fan base has certainly grown over the years 

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, now. But I remember being at St. James’s Park for Kevin Kegan’s first game as manager and it was regarded as incedible that they were going to have 30k attendance. 

Newcastle’s massive crowds have been built on many years of top flight football. I’m not saying we’d ever get anything close, if we manage that, but back in the old 2nd division I remember a game up there when there were about 13k in attendance, so don’t fall for the myth that Newcastle have always been some kind of super club. 

Spot on Rob, the season before a goalless draw at St James Park had a crowd of under 13K. No massive "Toon Army" back then. Keegan came back and they are crawled out again

9 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The boat race is on Sunday. The police can’t cope with all the drunken boating hooligans and rugby on the same day 

Media reporting Rule No. 1:-  Any trouble that happens at non football events is caused by "FOOTBALL HOOLIGANS".  This includes any Rugby match, especially Exeter Chiefs and Worcester Warriors  fans at Ashton Gate, cricket, and horse racing, especially drunken hen parties with fancy hats kicking off on "Ladies Day" at Ascot!

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good example- Manchester United- at the time the best side in England- were only averaging 41,683- I say only it is still very good, but by their standards. When? As recently as 1995/96 season!

Never am I a Manure apologist, but pretty sure Old Trafford was operating at 3 quarters capacity as they built that 3 tiered effort in time for Euro 96.

• Admin
53 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So Bath vs Bristol is a league match and a Derby, being played 100+ miles away from either club.

I get the financial reasoning, but that seems odd.

Same as the game I went to a few weeks ago, saracens v harlequins at the London stadium, both only have small grounds but five times the number of people attended to normal. 

The saracens hierarchy recognise it's not an ideal fixture but they welcome the windfall extra money they made that day. 

I was told it'll be announced they will move this game to the Tottenham hotspur stadium next season

• Admin
1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

For people who know how to do these things..................how many sold for WBA?

@slartibartfast you can't tell, you can only check what is left on sale but the problem is city don't release all tickets for sale so its impossible to know until all seats have been put on sale 

11 hours ago, The King of Spain said:

Lower crowds do seem to improve the atmosphere sometimes. Only 250 of us if that at Boro on Tuesday but we didn’t stop singing all night, let’s hope for the same tomorrow...result and atmosphere rather than 250 city fans! 

Well done mate. You and the other 249 got what you deserved. Respect. Sing loud tomorrow as well.

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

The thing I don't understand about all this is City are HOME tomorrow, Bristol are AWAY.

Why are people that support both clubs choosing an away game rather than watching city at home, especially at such a key point in the season 

Maybe because it's a huge derby game at the home of rugby? The equivalent of City v 15ers at Wembley, if both were in a relegation battle in the Premier League.

That being said, I'll be at Ashton Gate.

S

53 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

The thing I don't understand about all this is City are HOME tomorrow, Bristol are AWAY.

Why are people that support both clubs choosing an away game rather than watching city at home, especially at such a key point in the season 

I’m not a rugby fan however my father in law and other family members who watch city are opting for a day out on the beer watching the egg shaped game. 

I suppose a premier league game at twickenham could be a more attractive proposition than watching us trying to break down 11 Wigan players behind the ball , (and we usually struggle against teams like these ) and a **** of a ref who loves the limelight 

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

So Bath vs Bristol is a league match and a Derby, being played 100+ miles away from either club.

I get the financial reasoning, but that seems odd.

I think another reason i its moved is they want to make the rec bigger but the council are not playing ball. By moving the game local pubs, restaurants miss out on takings and will pressure the council to doing something. That’s what iv heard weather there is any truth I do t know

13 minutes ago, kivsy said:

S

I’m not a rugby fan however my father in law and other family members who watch city are opting for a day out on the beer watching the egg shaped game. 

I suppose a premier league game at twickenham could be a more attractive proposition than watching us trying to break down 11 Wigan players behind the ball , (and we usually struggle against teams like these ) and a **** of a ref who loves the limelight 

Nothing is more attractive IF you're a real City fan IMHO !

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, now. But I remember being at St. James’s Park for Kevin Kegan’s first game as manager and it was regarded as incedible that they were going to have 30k attendance. 

Newcastle’s massive crowds have been built on many years of top flight football. I’m not saying we’d ever get anything close, if we manage that, but back in the old 2nd division I remember a game up there when there were about 13k in attendance, so don’t fall for the myth that Newcastle have always been some kind of super club. 

I saw us draw 0-0 at Newcastle in the approx 88-89, the crowd at St James Park that day..........11,000! 

38 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

The people going to watch the rugby over city when we’re in this position are the same people who say LJ out after one poor performance and slag fam off for lack of effort.

Honestly need to give your head a wobble.

I've always been all for LJ, I was one of a few who backed him after PNE away and the 9 game losing run. 

However tomorrow will be my first trip to Twickenham and to me it will be a much more exciting prospect than going to see city v wigan. 

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Nothing is more attractive IF you're a real City fan IMHO !

I'll be off to Hillsborough, the Den and the Hull towards the end of the season, apologies for not being a 'real city fan' in your eyes though! 

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I've always been all for LJ, I was one of a few who backed him after PNE away and the 9 game losing run. 

However tomorrow will be my first trip to Twickenham and to me it will be a much more exciting prospect than going to see city v wigan. 

I'll be off to Hillsborough, the Den and the Hull towards the end of the season, apologies for not being a 'real city fan' in your eyes though! 

Fair play to you.

Fantastic opportunity to have a few beers and see the bears in a great stadium - don’t see why people can’t get that.

I will be at the Gate but keeping a close eye on the bears twitter account.

I'm a real City fan and a real Bristol Bears fan. Ever since I was six years old.

Chose City over an expensive and tiring journey by train, but wish I could be at both. 

Also do not agree with the changing of stadium, if one can call The Wreck a stadium, to hold the match in a bigger capacity venue, one hundred miles away. If Bristol or City ever do this, I'll demand a refund on my ST.

14 hours ago, RedM said:

I was very, very tempted to go to Twickenham. Really, really torn as I’ve never been and unlikely to get the opportunity of seeing Bristol ( sorry, Bears) v Bath there again. Some tickets were as low as £15 too. However I resisted and will be cheering on my first love as usual tomorrow. 

Good for you.

I must confess, were I still living in Bristol then, as a Bath fan and given it is 'only Wigan', I would have been sorely tempted to go to Twickenham.

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

SC's aren't transferable RedM, not officially anyway. I think that's what CH433 was getting at, not having a pop at you. 

Yep, fair play mate, I’ve often wondered why people openly tout their ST’s on here when they ‘aren’t transferable’ - wouldn’t want anyone to get into any problems even though they are being genuine and looking to help out fellow fans....

Archived