Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Port Said Red

Low Crowd Tomorrow? (Merged)

Recommended Posts

Average attendance in the 2013-14 season was 10700 (that was pre development with all 4 stands up). It is now around the 21000 mark. That is exceptional progress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RedM said:

Come on @Ciderhead433, I need clarity. Back up your allegation please. 

SC's aren't transferable RedM, not officially anyway. I think that's what CH433 was getting at, not having a pop at you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

SC's aren't transferable RedM, not officially anyway. I think that's what CH433 was getting at, not having a pop at you. 

Indeed. But I’m asking @Ciderhead433 where I have asked them (the rugby fans) to do so after this response from him/her. 

‘You asking the egg chasers to brake the rules shame on you’ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Sounding even more like a Sag, Bristol and Bath fans among our support may be lured to Twickers, plus Wigan are one of he most unattractive names in the Championship, the away support will be small and finally the weather is awful. Despite all of that it will still be a Gate of around 20,000. We have come a long way in terms of support in a very short time.

the weather tomorrow is forecast to be mild and dry 13 degrees so we can't use that as an excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

You asking the egg chasers to brake the rules shame on you

 

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

SC's aren't transferable RedM, not officially anyway. I think that's what CH433 was getting at, not having a pop at you. 

I always believed the same, but then how come we have a scheme where concessionary tickets can be "upgraded" to an adult ticket for a price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, phantom said:

 

I always believed the same, but then how come we have a scheme where concessionary tickets can be "upgraded" to an adult ticket for a price?

No idea Phantom, it used to say 'non transferable' on the SC's IIRC. Cracking question though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Do they still call it Twickers? Go on and give me an eggplant. I hate rugby. 

There you go,no charge.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Average attendance in the 2013-14 season was 10700 (that was pre development with all 4 stands up). It is now around the 21000 mark. That is exceptional progress. 

11,929 mate, I can't imagine the L1 average away figure at AG was 1,200 was it if you're talking about net home fans?

Point stands though it's very impressive growth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a look on the website for available tickets tomorrow and only a total 1048 are available.

Wigan probably won’t bring many but crowd should Be in access of 22k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Just had a look on the website for available tickets tomorrow and only a total 1048 are available.

Wigan probably won’t bring many but crowd should Be in access of 22k

Simple answer @fanjita the club don't release all tickets for sale, they stagger the release depending on sales 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are back in the play off chase and that will tempt a few fair weather fans out of their arm chairs.  Along with SC holders, a few freebees and a few who make the trip down (more for Saturdays than evenings), I reckon 20k give or take 500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When there is a thread about low attendance and we will get between 18 to 20 k  then we know how far this club has come in recent years. Not a million years ago wigan at home maybe 6/7 k ? The fan base has certainly grown over the years 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, now. But I remember being at St. James’s Park for Kevin Kegan’s first game as manager and it was regarded as incedible that they were going to have 30k attendance. 

Newcastle’s massive crowds have been built on many years of top flight football. I’m not saying we’d ever get anything close, if we manage that, but back in the old 2nd division I remember a game up there when there were about 13k in attendance, so don’t fall for the myth that Newcastle have always been some kind of super club. 

Spot on Rob, the season before a goalless draw at St James Park had a crowd of under 13K. No massive "Toon Army" back then. Keegan came back and they are crawled out again

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The boat race is on Sunday. The police can’t cope with all the drunken boating hooligans and rugby on the same day 

Media reporting Rule No. 1:-  Any trouble that happens at non football events is caused by "FOOTBALL HOOLIGANS".  This includes any Rugby match, especially Exeter Chiefs and Worcester Warriors  fans at Ashton Gate, cricket, and horse racing, especially drunken hen parties with fancy hats kicking off on "Ladies Day" at Ascot!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good example- Manchester United- at the time the best side in England- were only averaging 41,683- I say only it is still very good, but by their standards. When? As recently as 1995/96 season!

Never am I a Manure apologist, but pretty sure Old Trafford was operating at 3 quarters capacity as they built that 3 tiered effort in time for Euro 96.

 

Edited by awbb
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Bath vs Bristol is a league match and a Derby, being played 100+ miles away from either club.

I get the financial reasoning, but that seems odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Do they still call it Twickers? Go on and give me an eggplant. I hate rugby. 

I've sent one in the post, I can't get me head around this tech stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Do they still call it Twickers? Go on and give me an eggplant. I hate rugby. 

Good lad. ****** egg chucking...what a waste of time.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Good lad. ****** egg chucking...what a waste of time.

And if they're buggering up our crowd for tomorrow, then I despise them even more

Ours is STILL the bigger game and don't let anyone tell you anything else.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So Bath vs Bristol is a league match and a Derby, being played 100+ miles away from either club.

I get the financial reasoning, but that seems odd.

Same as the game I went to a few weeks ago, saracens v harlequins at the London stadium, both only have small grounds but five times the number of people attended to normal. 

The saracens hierarchy recognise it's not an ideal fixture but they welcome the windfall extra money they made that day. 

I was told it'll be announced they will move this game to the Tottenham hotspur stadium next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

For people who know how to do these things..................how many sold for WBA?

@slartibartfast you can't tell, you can only check what is left on sale but the problem is city don't release all tickets for sale so its impossible to know until all seats have been put on sale 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The King of Spain said:

Lower crowds do seem to improve the atmosphere sometimes. Only 250 of us if that at Boro on Tuesday but we didn’t stop singing all night, let’s hope for the same tomorrow...result and atmosphere rather than 250 city fans! 

Well done mate. You and the other 249 got what you deserved. Respect. Sing loud tomorrow as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing I don't understand about all this is City are HOME tomorrow, Bristol are AWAY.

Why are people that support both clubs choosing an away game rather than watching city at home, especially at such a key point in the season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

The thing I don't understand about all this is City are HOME tomorrow, Bristol are AWAY.

Why are people that support both clubs choosing an away game rather than watching city at home, especially at such a key point in the season 

Maybe because it's a huge derby game at the home of rugby? The equivalent of City v 15ers at Wembley, if both were in a relegation battle in the Premier League.

That being said, I'll be at Ashton Gate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m also a Rugby season ticket holder, however City is always my priority, so it’s BS3 for me tomorrow afternoon. No place I’d rather be.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S

53 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

The thing I don't understand about all this is City are HOME tomorrow, Bristol are AWAY.

Why are people that support both clubs choosing an away game rather than watching city at home, especially at such a key point in the season 

I’m not a rugby fan however my father in law and other family members who watch city are opting for a day out on the beer watching the egg shaped game. 

I suppose a premier league game at twickenham could be a more attractive proposition than watching us trying to break down 11 Wigan players behind the ball , (and we usually struggle against teams like these ) and a **** of a ref who loves the limelight 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

So Bath vs Bristol is a league match and a Derby, being played 100+ miles away from either club.

I get the financial reasoning, but that seems odd.

I think another reason i its moved is they want to make the rec bigger but the council are not playing ball. By moving the game local pubs, restaurants miss out on takings and will pressure the council to doing something. That’s what iv heard weather there is any truth I do t know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kivsy said:

S

I’m not a rugby fan however my father in law and other family members who watch city are opting for a day out on the beer watching the egg shaped game. 

I suppose a premier league game at twickenham could be a more attractive proposition than watching us trying to break down 11 Wigan players behind the ball , (and we usually struggle against teams like these ) and a **** of a ref who loves the limelight 

Nothing is more attractive IF you're a real City fan IMHO !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, now. But I remember being at St. James’s Park for Kevin Kegan’s first game as manager and it was regarded as incedible that they were going to have 30k attendance. 

Newcastle’s massive crowds have been built on many years of top flight football. I’m not saying we’d ever get anything close, if we manage that, but back in the old 2nd division I remember a game up there when there were about 13k in attendance, so don’t fall for the myth that Newcastle have always been some kind of super club. 

I saw us draw 0-0 at Newcastle in the approx 88-89, the crowd at St James Park that day..........11,000! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The people going to watch the rugby over city when we’re in this position are the same people who say LJ out after one poor performance and slag fam off for lack of effort.

Honestly need to give your head a wobble.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I saw us draw 0-0 at Newcastle in the approx 88-89, the crowd at St James Park that day..........11,000! 

My one and only visit to St James's Park.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

The people going to watch the rugby over city when we’re in this position are the same people who say LJ out after one poor performance and slag fam off for lack of effort.

Honestly need to give your head a wobble.

I've always been all for LJ, I was one of a few who backed him after PNE away and the 9 game losing run. 

However tomorrow will be my first trip to Twickenham and to me it will be a much more exciting prospect than going to see city v wigan. 

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Nothing is more attractive IF you're a real City fan IMHO !

I'll be off to Hillsborough, the Den and the Hull towards the end of the season, apologies for not being a 'real city fan' in your eyes though! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I've always been all for LJ, I was one of a few who backed him after PNE away and the 9 game losing run. 

However tomorrow will be my first trip to Twickenham and to me it will be a much more exciting prospect than going to see city v wigan. 

I'll be off to Hillsborough, the Den and the Hull towards the end of the season, apologies for not being a 'real city fan' in your eyes though! 

Fair play to you.

Fantastic opportunity to have a few beers and see the bears in a great stadium - don’t see why people can’t get that.

I will be at the Gate but keeping a close eye on the bears twitter account.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a real City fan and a real Bristol Bears fan. Ever since I was six years old.

Chose City over an expensive and tiring journey by train, but wish I could be at both. 

Also do not agree with the changing of stadium, if one can call The Wreck a stadium, to hold the match in a bigger capacity venue, one hundred miles away. If Bristol or City ever do this, I'll demand a refund on my ST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RedM said:

I was very, very tempted to go to Twickenham. Really, really torn as I’ve never been and unlikely to get the opportunity of seeing Bristol ( sorry, Bears) v Bath there again. Some tickets were as low as £15 too. However I resisted and will be cheering on my first love as usual tomorrow. 

Good for you.

I must confess, were I still living in Bristol then, as a Bath fan and given it is 'only Wigan', I would have been sorely tempted to go to Twickenham.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I saw us draw 0-0 at Newcastle in the approx 88-89, the crowd at St James Park that day..........11,000! 

The first time we played away at the toon after 1980 was 1991 - the crowd was 14,000 ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I saw us draw 0-0 at Newcastle in the approx 88-89, the crowd at St James Park that day..........11,000! 

I was there, sometimes doubted myself on the crowd but remember it being sh!t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

SC's aren't transferable RedM, not officially anyway. I think that's what CH433 was getting at, not having a pop at you. 

Yep, fair play mate, I’ve often wondered why people openly tout their ST’s on here when they ‘aren’t transferable’ - wouldn’t want anyone to get into any problems even though they are being genuine and looking to help out fellow fans....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Its called humor a funny remark dont throw your toys out the pram

Well ‘shame on you’ for not making yourself clear. And just for clarity’s sake, I’m not joking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JBFC II said:

However tomorrow will be my first trip to Twickenham and to me it will be a much more exciting prospect than going to see city v wigan. 

Not buying it, you said the other day you were slightly regretting buying tickets for it on the back of our recent away results.

Bollocks to rugby, not half as exciting as football. I can just about tolerate the six nations or the WC but it’s not a patch on football. Heading out now for a few in Bedminster’s finest public houses before trudging down to the Gate for another 3 points, no way I’d rather spend my Saturday.

  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Not buying it, you said the other day you were slightly regretting buying tickets for it on the back of our recent away results.

Bollocks to rugby, not half as exciting as football. I can just about tolerate the six nations or the WC but it’s not a patch on football. Heading out now for a few in Bedminster’s finest public houses before trudging down to the Gate for another 3 points, no way I’d rather spend my Saturday.

Not buying it? I am slightly regretting it yes, but still looking forward to it. 

No idea why you need to try the whole super fan thing, although you'll be at ashton gate in 10 minutes according to what you've said previously so don't let me bother you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Not buying it? I am slightly regretting it yes, but still looking forward to it. 

No idea why you need to try the whole super fan thing, although you'll be at ashton gate in 10 minutes according to what you've said previously so don't let me bother you! 

Yes, if it was a much more exciting prospect you wouldn’t be slightly regretting it.

I’m no superfan and I’m not playing that card, just saying what I’d rather do with my Saturday afternoon. Each to their own, I hope you enjoy your day regardless and hopefully the news filtering through from Ashton Gate is positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Yes, if it was a much more exciting prospect you wouldn’t be slightly regretting it.

I’m no superfan and I’m not playing that card, just saying what I’d rather do with my Saturday afternoon. Each to their own, I hope you enjoy your day regardless and hopefully the news filtering through from Ashton Gate is positive.

I always regret missing home games, doesn't mean I'm not excited about the prospect of going to Twickenham. 

I'll be there Tuesday night anyway so here's hoping we'll be going into that one with 3 wins in a row... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Media reporting Rule No. 1:-  Any trouble that happens at non football events is caused by "FOOTBALL HOOLIGANS".  This includes any Rugby match, especially Exeter Chiefs and Worcester Warriors  fans at Ashton Gate, cricket, and horse racing, especially drunken hen parties with fancy hats kicking off on "Ladies Day" at Ascot!

Cambridge and Oxford in the boat race final YET again, gotta be some kind of posh persons back hander scenario going on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

Cambridge and Oxford in the boat race final YET again, gotta be some kind of posh persons back hander scenario going on 

No, UWE were disqualified in the semis when their outboard motor was spotted.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...