IGNORED

IF we were to make the playoff final

Unan

IF we were to make the playoff final  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Unan said:

I definitely do not think we will make it (there’s a small small possibility) but if we did, how many would we take to Wembley? 

Why the pessimism don't see any reason why we can't make it especially with our tendency to go on mega runs good and bad, at the moment we are on a upward cycle, one team seems to do that most years remember Hull anyone?

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Why the pessimism don't see any reason why we can't make it especially with our tendency to go on mega runs good and bad, at the moment we are on a upward cycle, one team seems to do that most years remember Hull anyone?

We may make it, but I don’t want to even begin to count our chickens.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

We'd sell our allocation given we were able to for the JPT, there are enough casual fans, exiles and day trippers who would come along.

Not that we would need any casual fans or day trippers as according to some on here we have 45k fans in the first place... 

Just now, BessexRED said:

If it happens we'll (realistically) be playing one of Leeds, Blades, West Brom, Villa, Preston, Wednesday, Boro or Forest all of whom would sell their 39k so it'd be 39k tops for us which would be gone within an hour of general sale much like Hull was.

Not totally convinced preston would, all the others would definitely though 

Just now, JBFC II said:

Not that we would need any casual fans or day trippers as according to some on here we have 45k fans in the first place... 

In fairness there will be comfortably over 45,000 different people that will have attended AG as a home fan since our last trip to Wembley as a fan. Depends what you consider as the difference between a fan and a follower I suppose.

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Not totally convinced preston would, all the others would definitely though 

Preston sold out their allocation vs West Ham at the Millennium which from memory was just shy of 35k so I think they would, just about.

Whatever we would get, we would sell but the question was how many COULD we sell.

Hypothetically, I reckon we could sell 50K+ (hi gasheads) , especially for a place in the big league but we will sell whatever we would be given if we make it, I have no doubt at all. 

14 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Preston sold out their allocation vs West Ham at the Millennium which from memory was just shy of 35k so I think they would, just about.

The play off final between them and Swindon in 2015 had an attendance of 48000, means they'd have taken under 20k probably. 

Can't see them nearly doubling that for the championship final

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

The play off final between them and Swindon in 2015 had an attendance of 48000, means they'd have taken under 20k probably. 

Can't see them nearly doubling that for the championship final

They had about 22k at that one.

League One is totally different, Sheffield United had 15k in for their playoff game against Swindon the other year including nearly 2k away fans, they average not far off double that.

Preston also sold nearly 30k vs Bolton in 2001, trust me if they made the playoff final in the Championship they'd all turn out for it just as they have before.

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

We'd undoubtedly sell our allocation. Which would be around 40k. 

Not sure how we'd possibly take more than 40k... 

We have to not just change the crest, we'd have to change the shirts to blue and white quarters!

Archived